What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good morning to the community

Artistick Seeds

Finally, after years of reading on the Icmag forum, I will introduce myself.
I germinated my first seed in 1998, and since that passion has not let go, only when my travels have not allowed me to grow.

I worked in a growshop, which allowed me to learn from the wonderful people I met, and sometimes pass on in return.
I also had the chance to go to agricultural school, and to travel to work on farms.

Coming from the rural world, I have always had a passion for seeds, vegetables above all, that I have always found as beautiful as jewels. And cannabis seeds, because I am impressed by the history of this plant, so important for the Human and the multitude of possible uses.

In Africa I participated in conferences on peasant seeds and the need for "small family farming" to preserve old varieties and independence from multinationals that are gaining foothold in developing countries.

I think that one day the cultivation of cannabis will face the same problems as the rest of agriculture, with the monopolization by some large groups, the right to market seeds, in 5, 10, 20 years or more, but I fear that this will happen.

This is why I think that communities like Icmag are very important, in order to guarantee the small farmer, the necessary knowledge and access to a genetic material free of rights and reproducible, before there are only female and sterile triploid varieties on the market.

I learned a lot with Icmag, so thank you for giving me so much reading and passionate debates about the magical plant during all these years...

Marz

Stray Cat
420club
I germinated my first seed in 1998, and since that passion has not let go, only when my travels have not allowed me to grow.

(...)
Would be great if you share your knowledge with us more often.
Welcome to the ICMag, I wish you many moments of exchange and enlightenment here with us.

Artistick Seeds

Thank you again for your warm welcome. I share a small overview of my work, but unfortunately, I do not have a lot of photos, I took few before.
I tell you that I never grow for trade, only for pleasure, and essentially crops full of seeds.
For now, my old seed stock has been entrusted to an association that produces vegetable seeds and distributes them in different countries, Costa Rica, Madagascar and India among others, because I spent a few years in a Muslim country where I couldn’t risk growing cannabis.
I’m moving to another country, so I’m not going to farm right now.
But when I clear my new land, prune my trees and prepare the soil, I will cultivate again, but only under the sun.

Attachments

• mix (1).JPG
    mix (1).JPG
    6.9 MB · Views: 23
  • mix (10).jpg
    mix (10).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • mix (9).jpg
    mix (9).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • mix (8).JPG
    mix (8).JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • mix (7).JPG
    mix (7).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 18
  • mix (6).JPG
    mix (6).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • mix (5).JPG
    mix (5).JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • mix (4).JPG
    mix (4).JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 20
  • mix (3).JPG
    mix (3).JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 25
  • mix (2).JPG
    mix (2).JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 22

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club

I worked in a growshop, which allowed me to learn from the wonderful people I met, and sometimes pass on in return.
I also had the chance to go to agricultural school, and to travel to work on farms.

Coming from the rural world, I have always had a passion for seeds, vegetables above all, that I have always found as beautiful as jewels. And cannabis seeds, because I am impressed by the history of this plant, so important for the Human and the multitude of possible uses.

In Africa I participated in conferences on peasant seeds and the need for "small family farming" to preserve old varieties and independence from multinationals that are gaining foothold in developing countries.

I think that one day the cultivation of cannabis will face the same problems as the rest of agriculture, with the monopolization by some large groups, the right to market seeds, in 5, 10, 20 years or more, but I fear that this will happen.

This is why I think that communities like Icmag are very important, in order to guarantee the small farmer, the necessary knowledge and access to a genetic material free of rights and reproducible, before there are only female and sterile triploid varieties on the market.

I learned a lot with Icmag, so thank you for giving me so much reading and passionate debates about the magical plant during all these years...
Artistic Seeds, that might be the best introduction I have read in some time. This and our passion for growing plants and cannabis in particular for many of us.

I hope you will step into your passion and share experiences and wisdom that you have learned. Have a wonderful upcoming season.
Peace farmerlion

Artistick Seeds

This is my new paradise. A challenge because it is a region with very little rainfall, and fairly high temperatures for much of the year. But having the sea and the mountains at the same time is priceless.
Cannabis cultivation has some potential in this type of climate and soil. Here apart from olive trees and carob trees, few things can grow without irrigation.
I therefore have a project to work on varieties capable of satisfying these difficult conditions.

Attachments

• newland (1).jpg
    newland (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • newland (2).jpg
    newland (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • newland (3).jpg
    newland (3).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

Artistick Seeds

Artistic Seeds, that might be the best introduction I have read in some time. This and our passion for growing plants and cannabis in particular for many of us.

I hope you will step into your passion and share experiences and wisdom that you have learned. Have a wonderful upcoming season.
Peace farmerlion
Thank you for this nice review... But for wisdom, I’m afraid I’m still cultivating it, there’s still work to be done