What's new

Good CFL micro strain

Ok, so I've got a new job, which means, you guessed it! money to build a lil cab and get some seeds and stuff. I originally planned to use bag seed, as i hate the idea of mail, but fuck it, i'll get a po box or whatever(any advice on this little safety issua also greatly appreceated, including which seedbank uses the safest shipping method). I'm going to do a kevvie style rubbermaid cab, so, on to the criterion

first off, i'm hating the idea of having to go with an indica dominant, as i HATE the indica high, so i'm looking for something that has a somehwat uppity high.

second, high yielding, i'm not going for ultra easy, but so so yield, i'd rather have a stable, high yielding strain. by this, i mean shows good response in a CFL only enviroment, with scrog(and easy to scrog, i've never attempted the scrog)

third: somewhat heat resistant... i live in a tropical area... no matter how much i try, i can't get the heat under 80, as that's ambient(at NIGHT)if push comes to shove i'll probably adapt some incubator techniques from mush growing to cooling instead of heating(think whole bottom rubbermaid in another rubbermaid with water and coolant packs).

i just reread this before posting, and i can't tell if i'm just thinking it's disorganized cause i'm stoned, or it IS disorganized... cause i'm stoned, so my apologies.

too bad only schwag has seeds here, and i ain't growing no (source deleted) brick shit

PS: edited out geographical source of the brick shit... realized it might place me in a certain corridor

Last edited:
i hope no one yells at me but i got my seeds from planet skunk. WHITE LABEL (WHITE SKUNK) here is my exact post that i posed on there because i was very scared to order seeds too. it only took bout a week to get them. they came from the netherlands and i am in the south US.

https://www.planetskunk.com/cannabis14134.html&highlight=

they edited what wrote because i posed what it said on my credit card statement from them. they said that it would not be obvious but they lied. i got my seeds and i am happy also i am pretty much done with that site to sence thy lied . if you wanna know what it said then just PM me and ill tell you the name if u are worried about it and you can make ur decision from there.

vavwl

Sending cash with an alias for a name is probably the safest method. I've always just sent cash and i've never had a problem. Perhaps im just lucky though. Make sure you wrap it up in light proof paper though.

Mr_Micro

I think the problem with your situation might be that it is very difficult to find a micro/low-height strain thats also a almost pure sativa strain (I.E. no indica effects). Sativas tend to be very tall and lanky and generally don't yeild near as well as indica strains. Especially when starting from seed you would have great difficulty controling the height of a sativa to make it suitable for a micro setup with CFLs.

However there are some strains out there with a very nice sativa high and decent yeild that can probably be managed in your setup with some serious LSTing and ScrOGing. I've always been an indica man myself, so I'm not terribly well informed on the best sativas, but from what I've heard I think Cinderella 99 (C99) might be a great choice if you can find some seeds.

If you go to seedboutique.com you can find feminized C99 seeds in the "The GN Collection" section for about $81 US. I myself have never used feminized seeds, however I hear that most breeders have gotten much better about the quality of their feminized seeds in recent years, generally reducing hermies to a minimum and reliably providing great quality all female plants.

In any case, I have ordered from Seed Boutique a few times now and I always got the seeds within 4 or 5 days of placing my order. Total stealth shipping, shows up as something very generic on your credit card, and great seeds for great prices.

So I'd totally recommend SB for your seed needs and Cinderalla 99 is probably my best suggestion for a good yielding/easy-to-control-the-height-of sativa strain.
Hope that helps!

Last edited:

pothead82

I agree with Mr Micro. A pure sative would be almost impossible to grow with CFL in a Micro Grow. They grow tall and with low yield, it would be even a lower yield because you would be using CFLs. I must say I am a sativa high guy as well but it is very difficult to grow indoors.
I think female seeds would be a great start for you Papa. Female Seeds has now the x-line seeds and you can find a 5 seeds pack for about U$ 25,00. They have the C99 as Mr micro said it would be a good sativa high with indica traits. There is also Easy Bud from female seeds...
Now is up to you to research a little more about good micro grow strains and pick one!
Good Luck!

i have grown scroged sativas before, but it was under hid, so.... i think ill fuck the sativa, just go with yield and quickness and trade some of my harvest for someone else's sativa,

so now, a good CFL strain?

i'm thinking white skunk or white rhino(i've had good experience with these plants in low light enviroments, ie, security lights) or maybe orange bud from, um, forgot what breeder, but obviously from the boutique. i trust only their stealth, as overgrowers i trusted had good experiences with them.

on,and the sativa? it turned out to be like pop corn buds on a stick, hehe, i used to take lots and lots of clones and plant them around my area, but it's all been developed in the past year :( fucking mayor...