What's new

Goo Balls? Anyone?

BruceLeeroy

Anyone remember Goo Balls? are they still around, and most importantly does anyone have a good recipe for 'em?

peace

G

are they like tapioka? put in teas? you talking about boba teas?

BruceLeeroy

nah, goo balls were a big thing back in the lot days of the dead and phish (10+ years ago), haven't seen good ones around in forever. they were sort of like a peanut butter-honey-grain (oatmeal?) herb concoction, all mixed together and rolled up in a yummy gooey ball (hence the name).

anyone?

G

Guest 10952

Never got a chance to try any of them. But sounds like some real goodies. Sure would like to try it though. May have to try and make a batch.

Last edited:

Vaguerant

I got this from another thread here. Can't wait to try'em.

GANJA GOO BALLS
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups Cannabutter
3 cups Oats
1/4 cup Peanut Butter
3 tablespoons Honey
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder

INSTRUCTIONS
Melt the Cannabutter in a microwave safe bowl. In a large bowl, combine the oats, peanut butter, honey, cinnamon, and cocoa. Pour the Cannabutter on top and stir until the mixture becomes homogeneous. Place the bowl into the freezer for 10-20 minutes. Form the mixture into individual balls, using your hands or a #20 ice cream scooper, and drop them onto wax paper to set.

NOTES
Try adding chopped walnuts, raisins, or crisped rice to add a little spin to the recipe. If the result is too gooey, add more oats; if it’s too dry, add more peanut butter or honey.

G

Thats a pretty high dose of cannabutter.
Copy and pasted for future use..
Thanks!

SleepyAlligator

goo balls are teh bomb but nowadays you only find them at huge ass shows, even th en it's sort of rare. last one i had was at bonnaroo last year.

Sweet recipe. Anyone know if instead of Cannabutter using Cannaoil. I have a few gallons mixed up and was thinking of trying it. ANY THOUGHTS???

sirharrynuggz

SWEET!!! I haven't seen these at the last few festies I've been to, but they used to be at every good festival. Thanks!!

NPK

Sounds delicious! Knowing me, though, I'd probably scarf up a whole bunch of 'em and end up in a fetal position under my desk.

BruceLeeroy

yeah lol, between the oats or granola and the peanut butter, they're like a steak confection. hard to eat too many lol.

peace

BruceLeeroy

they are well worth it :) dont be afraid to experiment either. i've had granola goo balls, chocolate chip goo balls, theres all kinds!

peace

[THC]DM420

Aye!!! i know exactly what you speak of

i was going to share this recipe a long time ago, but forgot. Now should be a perfect time :) i even took pictures last time i made them last thanksgiving hahaha :D

our recipe is slightly different 'round here, and we call 'em Buckeyes.

We mix peanut butter with crushed honey-graham crackers, rolled into balls
then melt some milk chocolate mixed with cannibutter and cover the balls of p-nutbuttery honey graham with it, and voilah!

This is looking good? jaes?

Last edited:

BruceLeeroy

ok, now i'm an open minded sort of guy. i like to say "to each, his own" and pretty much let well enough alone. if i dont care for someone or something, i usually just walk away from it.

that said, [THC}DM420, you are one cruel, mean spirited bastard.

posting pics like that should be illegal. it's bad enough talking about goo balls and their relatives. but to have you start throwing out pics of something that looks THAT yummy for a bunch of loadies to salivate over is just cruel.

that said, covering the gooballs in melted chocolate is a MOST excellent idea lol

peace