What's new

gonna quit vaping smoking again for a month

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Well for me I was smoking a lot of lower quality weed and mixing in the tobacco actually used to make it taste better (or so I thought). I never used a whole lot of tobacco in my joints like maybe 3/4 weed and 1/4 tobacco. When I roll joints now a days though, I use the same amount of weed that I used to use but they taste a lot "cleaner" now if that makes any sense. I don't notice coughing anymore or less than before when I mixed, but my lungs don't ache like they used to that's for sure. My paper's of choice have always been zig zag orange packs cause they burn the smoothest imo. Try taking smaller hits that might help with the coughing thing highlander.

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
One thing I have noticed though is when you stop mixing tobacco you get to see how well you flushed your bud cause if it wasn't flushed that good the joints will not burn AT ALL where before even if they were not flushed that well the baccy would keep it lit and keep it burning down.

THC123

Veteran
i think the burning has more to do with moisture content and curing

i was curing one strain according to simon's way , and when you make a joint , you almost never have to light it up , it stays lit

when i smoke uncured weed , i have to light it often

and when i vape, well fuck combustion

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
My friends and me all have vapes and we vape all day. If we're not vaping we're chain smoking joints. It's gotten to a point where being sober is our new high (quickly gets old though heh.)

Here's a tolerance tip that has been working for us: If you smoke the same strain everyday, it loses appeal and no longer gets you high. You should try new strains often. Perhaps grow out 4-5 strains and alternate between them every 3-5 days.

This especially works if you alternate between sativa dom -> indica dom strains.

THC123

Veteran
It's gotten to a point where being sober is our new high (quickly gets old though heh.)

hahaaha exaclty , i told this to my friends last time i was sober

that was like being high cuz that was an altered state of being :D

unfoirtunately the strain swtichting thing doesn't keep on working

i think it was just the damn spacecake that cause my thc levels to rise so muh that i don't get high anymore now

rambone

I'm on day 1 1/2 no smoke, normally I smoke all day everyday if Im at the house but I just quit because I wanted to get my mom to quit cigs. I'm finding that a cup of tea is working pretty decent to curb my desire to smoke because it takes me about the same time to finish a cup as it would for me to smoke a bowl or joint so by the time I'm done drinking I have forgotten about my craving.

With the not smoking its more a matter of keeping myself occupied, when I work I don't feel that urge to smoke but when I'm just hanging out I will just smoke bowls and joints from 9am till 11pm

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
ah man that sucks you sound like my mate penguin haha he still gets high but it takes him a heap compared to me and my 1/2 a joint of weed mixed with honey blend (1/4 if it's pure weed). i get fucked sideways until i can't stand up if i smoke more than 1/2 lol but i only toke once a week or so. :D must be bizarre to unleash heaps and get nothing! just give it a month and you'll be at it again like a light weight hehe

edit: hahahaha that movie made me laugh so hard! haha i have stitches!

I had 6 different strains in my last grow. When I smoked the strongest(Nirvana NLxHaze), rest of bunch did not say much after that and nothing still does... I miss that bitch. I want to get PROPERLY HIGH(totally fucked up) again.

rambone

ah man that sucks you sound like my mate penguin haha he still gets high but it takes him a heap compared to me and my 1/2 a joint of weed mixed with honey blend (1/4 if it's pure weed). i get fucked sideways until i can't stand up if i smoke more than 1/2 lol but i only toke once a week or so. :D must be bizarre to unleash heaps and get nothing! just give it a month and you'll be at it again like a light weight hehe

that is where I want to be at, now when im at a live show I'll easily smoke 6 2gram joints most of which are smoked to the head, when people ask me though I always let them hit it

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
it means prolly that your weed isnt cured well, give it some time to cure , I don't cure my weed cuz of issues with curing and well some herbs make me cough in a pure joint and some don't ,

If i would cure i bet i wouldn't couch , for example Core's weed is perfectly dried and cured and smokes smooth as a cigarette

and also cuz your lungs are full of tobacco tar and slime and when smoking or vaping you cough it all up

with vaping it is even worst the few days after quitting baccy , you vough up all sorts of foul black and brown stuff

cheers for that dude,,the thing is i dont cure aswell (some small bits i do) when its dry it gets smoked
i will give it a bash just to see the shite that come up, hehehee.....yeh smokey cigs is shit & it costs a small fortune aswell

Well for me I was smoking a lot of lower quality weed and mixing in the tobacco actually used to make it taste better (or so I thought). I never used a whole lot of tobacco in my joints like maybe 3/4 weed and 1/4 tobacco. When I roll joints now a days though, I use the same amount of weed that I used to use but they taste a lot "cleaner" now if that makes any sense. I don't notice coughing anymore or less than before when I mixed, but my lungs don't ache like they used to that's for sure. My paper's of choice have always been zig zag orange packs cause they burn the smoothest imo. Try taking smaller hits that might help with the coughing thing highlander.

i was the same,,in my younger days it was the thing to do...mostly down to save on weed aswell,, you didnt smoke as much because you were mixing it with baccy........i dont need to do that now though because i grow my own

keep it green
highlander

Noobian

Green is Gold
Veteran
Might have to check that NLxHaze out, what kind of buzz was it, up or down? Sounds nice!

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
that is where I want to be at, now when im at a live show I'll easily smoke 6 2gram joints most of which are smoked to the head, when people ask me though I always let them hit it

12g in a single session?!!????! jezzzzz that's epic man, the white widow i was smoking recently would fuck me up hard for hours... i'd smoke at like 6pm and still be high at 9-10pm from only half the joint. epic stuff. just give yourself a week or two off it completely and comeback and you'll find you have bugger all tolerance. my mate went to europe for a month and couldn't smoke until he got to a-dam like 3 weeks into the trip and he was a everyday kinda guy, had heaps of tolerance but within 3 weeks he had none again. :D

rambone

12g in a single session?!!????! jezzzzz that's epic man, the white widow i was smoking recently would fuck me up hard for hours... i'd smoke at like 6pm and still be high at 9-10pm from only half the joint. epic stuff. just give yourself a week or two off it completely and comeback and you'll find you have bugger all tolerance. my mate went to europe for a month and couldn't smoke until he got to a-dam like 3 weeks into the trip and he was a everyday kinda guy, had heaps of tolerance but within 3 weeks he had none again. :D

Yea dude I usually hit up one concert a month and just get blasted, always destroy some shitty fast food after, I want to try and take it a month and then go to smoking on the weekends and maybe a joint before bed

THC123

Veteran
I want to try and take it a month and then go to smoking on the weekends and maybe a joint before bed

that is easy the hard part is , after quitting for a month to keep only doing it in the weekends

Zen Master

Cannasseur
Veteran
I think my new thing might be every other day toking....

my tolerance is intolerable.

I don't get high, I get medicated, and I have 8+ different strains to pick from right now, I still prefer getting medicated than not toking at all, however I haven't had "one hit quit" in years now.

Its odd how when I want to take a smoking break, outside factors that make one WANT to smoke seem to all of a sudden pop up out of nowhere.