What's new

gonna have LBs of shuga leaf... what to do

the gnome

Veteran
getting close to chop time on my 1st large gro,
6000w sealed w/Co2, well big for large for me :D

I did 2 major defoliations and had 35lbs,
I'm starting to take off leaves with resin.
I'll have a pile of it, i read somewhere an IC guy said he takes his and freezes it still wet?

what are my options with all this trim, probably quite a few.
I haven't worked much with the concentrates... yet,
Ive done small batches of BHO a few years ago.
these are some of the stickiest plants Ive grown and the final trim will have A LOT of resin so trying to come up with a plan

CarefulGrower

Best yield, potency and 'commercial want' are solvent extractions, mainly bho. If that factors into things, perhaps finding a commercial sealed unit operator to run your material? It cost a bit to get into if you want to do it yourself but is completely feasible as well.

If you want the easy peasey do it yourself method, bubble hash/dry sift is great, but can be harder to get rid off with the dabbing craze.

the gnome

Veteran
thnx CG,
just the kind of response i wanted to hear.
I'm in the deep south nonmed state
and in my neck of the woods dabs
are just catching on,
and I predict it's the start of the dab craze i see coming down the tracks for my locale.

there are no commercial sealed unit operators around, that I kno of.
I will be having a pile of very resinous material to work with every 60-70 days so maybe i should look into that.
are sealed units available? or is it still a DIY build thing?

If you have some time on your hands, owning and operating your own unit is the way to go. There are inferior systems such as BHOgart which come prefabbed. The superior unit in comparison is the Terpenator and its many variations. You'd have to DIY, unless you got in contact with someone such as [email protected] who can get you full unit at a very good price.
Check out the Terpenators on http://skunkpharmresearch.com/

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thnx CG,
just the kind of response i wanted to hear.
I'm in the deep south nonmed state
and in my neck of the woods dabs
are just catching on,
and I predict it's the start of the dab craze i see coming down the tracks for my locale.

there are no commercial sealed unit operators around, that I kno of.
I will be having a pile of very resinous material to work with every 60-70 days so maybe i should look into that.
are sealed units available? or is it still a DIY build thing?

I've found no cheaper way to fully extract leaf than closed loop BHO, where costs for high quality extract are a few pennies per gram.

HST has listed two good resources and I see new ones springing up every day.

I highly recommend building your own. If you are mechanically adept enough to run and maintain a closed loop system, you are mechanically adept enough to build your own.

The parts are available from Glacier Tank, Brewers Hardware, and others.

You can build a system from a kit. The parts kits are available from places like already mentioned Redbeardextracts@gmail. com, as well as [email protected] and [email protected].

They all three currently use the same Chinese parts resources, so quality should be the same, so you might compare price and features.

Turnkey systems are also available from those resources. The systems vary, and can include added features, stainless carts, a selection of pumps, a selection of heating methods, and can include automation. Let your inner child, your pocket book, and the ROI be your guide!!!

the gnome

Veteran
great info hst and greywolf,
and yeah I am a handy DIY'er so building something like this is very doable for me.
i'm just very limited on time

hopefully I'll be posting pics of my oil after harvest next month
thnx again guys, this place is great!

Calimed

Veteran
If you want a closed-loop extraction machine quickly, building your own is probably the best option. It seems closed-loop systems have peaked in interest lately and it can be hard to even get in contact with these companies.

bigshrimp

Veteran
People were paying $60/ g during the peak of the oil craze up here.

I personally like hash, but you should ride that oil wave.

therevverend

Veteran
I make my own dry sift hash using a large 150 micron screen over a large mirror or table. Same principle as bubblebags but without all the ice water. Throw a sheet of plastic or whatever over the top and beat away. All the crystals accumulate below and I scoop em up and press.

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
I just went threw a freezer full of trim I made cannabutter ,ISO, & tincture. I dident like putting the trim in the frezzer, it seam to be more messer. just my 2 cents:tiphat:

EsterEssence

Veteran
The oil craze is alive and well where i am, i also prefer dry sift, but it seems the younger folks all want oil. Just be careful. I never freeze my trim it doesn't seem to work as well, i tumble it through a 110 screen.

dickcorn

I'm in non med state too. Unless you have upfront cash laying around I wouldn't bother with bho until peeps start asking. Anyone can smoke bubble or dry sift but without the right equipment you can't dab, most won't buy bho around me unless it's by the dab lol. It'd suck to invest all that $$ and only be able to unload a small amount of it. I'd check into what's in demand in your area/ market first.

the gnome

Veteran
lots of good insight... thanx guys
hola' dickcorn,
they guy that wants to take my entire harvest was telling me his peeps love dabs
imo oil is easy to move around stealthy too.

funny, in the late 70s every blue moon we'd get *honey oil* from my good friend when he came down from toronto, it was $70 a gram
we loved it, I think oil around here, Good BHO would be an instant hit.
my bud also said $40 was to steep

StoneyK

Veteran
lol 40 a gram for good wax is a gift.
maybe not wholesale then your lookin 25 -35 depending on quality and your negotiating skills.
most dispensaries sell .5 for 35-40.
You can usually get a bit more for nice shatter.
takes some practice though. I wouldn't go banking on a perfect batch or top dollar the first time.

Sirdabsalot46n2

Veteran
Hello fukndenny!

I agree with that to a certain degree, however.. I'm just a small time grower, that puts a ton of work and love into my work from soil to oil..100% love and passion...that being said...

Commercially, 40$ a gram is stupid, and way way overpriced..
However, if it were from my garden and I took the time to make honeycomb wax from my best flowers..

The value of the flower + time and effort vac purging to perfection

IMAG2068_zps8816ba26.jpg

40$ is almost an insult.

A gram of the wax above...
50$ per gram is a medicinal discount...
For those using for rec..
70$ is even acceptable...

I mean ..Top Shelf triple A+ nugs an 1/8th will cost 50-60$ at most dispensaries.

The gram of wax at that quality should last longer than the 8th.

@The OP
Congrats on your harvest sir!!

Got me a bit jelly :)

I would suggest maybe making some of each concentrate..
Some water hash,
BHO
QWISO
Dry sift (no dry ice)
Maybe offer an organic oil also..QwEtho (Ethanol/Everclear)

Have fun and experiment..

JointOperation

thats why alot of commercial bho is made from large outdoor runs.. or from commercial indoor runs with buds not worth the time to trim.. this making them EXTRA money.. instead of them using GRADE A BUDS worth 250-300 an oz.. then u make that oz. down to 6-8 grams of oil. say 7 .. 7 grams at 40 bucks is 280.. with butane and time.. why is it worth making buds that are fetching good prices already.. into oil that takes time.. equipment.. butane.. and then fetches about the EXACT SAME PRICE if not. ur losing money on it.. unless ur strain is pulling CRAZY YIELDS.. its really not worth it .. especially wen the buds themselves pull the same amount of cash .

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
If you have some time on your hands, owning and operating your own unit is the way to go. There are inferior systems such as BHOgart which come prefabbed. The superior unit in comparison is the Terpenator and its many variations.

Really? Simpler, certainly. Easier to use, absolutely. Turn key?
Almost. But in no way, inferior. As they are made with the
exact same parts from the same company. (Glacier)