What's new

GoldenGoat and Indiana Bubblegum

KISE1

Of course I'm not going to say who my cut came from....but it did happen to be from a very reliable source.
Luckily for me the Indiana BG has a very distinct leaf and anyone who knows about the cut, knows that this, is in fact the real one. It's not from a club, it flew from the east on an airplane....

K Double O

Kise1 you lucky sob. I remember smoking this back in the day, when used to drive up for the little 500 & the Indy 500.

Here's some FYI for every one i found.

The Bubblegum strain did indeed originate from Indiana in the late 80’s, but I am unaware if he worked at or attended Indiana University at the time. The breeder passed on 3 different phenotypes of the Strain to 3 different Amsterdam Seed Banks in the early 90’s, TH Seeds, Serious Seeds, and Cerebral Seeds. Each seed bank got different characteristics from the seeds they grew and bred so there is actually 2 very different styles of Bubblegum floating around to this day. TH Seeds is considered heavy on the Sativa Side, and Serious Seeds claims to have an indica dominant Bubblegum strain.

Both styles of the strain pack a serious punch and Bubblegum is considered one of the best Medicinal Marijuana strains currently available in the world. It’s genetics are also used to improve taste and yield when breeders are looking to create new hybrids, it is a staple in marijuana production across the world.

Its more like Holland BG via Indy/Bloomington.

Needless to say Kise1, you have legendary Midwest genetics at your disposal.

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand that the three amigos in Ams that got gifted BG, got it from an new englander, and not a hoosier.

BG, or at least weed that often had a BG smell, was being grown in southern IN very shortly after affy was being introduced into the mostly sativa gene pool. This would have been very late 70's early 80's. BG was a hit and miss thing back then. And if we think about where these guys would have been with breeding at that time, it isn't hard to imagine that a BG smelling pheno would be happenstance. Most fields were outdoor pollination started from previous outdoor crops, or bag seeds.

I seriously don't think anyone from Bloomington had anything to do with BG whatsoever, they just like to think and claim it so. There may well be dewds carrying the genes in Bloomington, but I hardly think they originated there.

K Double O

Hoosierdaddy:

There is a bunch of twists on the Origin of "Indy" BG. I have only smoke "Indy" BG a long, long time ago, I have never grown it.

Here is some more FYI which should clear up every thing for ya.

Article from 420Magazine Jan 2008; said:
There are several strains out in the world of cannabis genetics whose origin and further breeding process seem to be unclear. Growers get especially confused, when a certain strain is offered under the same name by two or more seed banks: who has the original one, whose are copies? Bubble Gum is such one contentious strain, of which at least two seed banks do offer their own versions, in this case Serious Seeds and T.H. Seeds (both residing in Amsterdam), not to mention all those internet-based criminal copy cats here. So I decided to trace back the real roots of Bubble Gum. Asking both the above-mentioned breeders resulted in two corresponding versions of the Bubble Gum?s breeding story, giving good reasons for the existence of two high-quality Bubble Gum strains.

A grower in Indiana (USA) developed the original material during the 80ies. In 1993, this guy gave three very different female Bubble Gum plants to Adam from T.H. Seeds as well as to Simon and Tony (the two splitted up shortly after, with Simon founding Serious Seeds and Tony Sagarmatha Seeds) from Cerebral Seeds. So Bubble Gum arrived in the Netherlands in the hands of three breeders. And from that moment on, different new chapters were written in the breeding history of Bubble Gum, its development kind of branched out. Three breeders ? three ways of breeding: These seed masters were going to make their own special selection out of the three different genetic types they had received.

Simon reports: "As far as I know, T.H. Seeds did work further with another of those 3 plants than I did". That?s the reason why Adam (T.H. Seeds` BG will be another story?) considers his Bubble Gum as ?mostly indica?, whereas Simon puts his version into the ?Mostly Sativa? category. He focused his research on two of the three lines, finally deciding for one type that should become his Bubble Gum seed strain.

It took Simon five generations to end up in the desired breeding result, officially registering it as ?Bubble Gum?. He says that it is not possible to give exact sativa/indica percentages, but reveals that the genetic background of Bubble Gum consists of three different exotic sativas, amongst them Mexican and Columbian, and an Afghani indica.

Serious Seeds Bubblegum said:
Originally the Bubble Gum was developed by growers in Indiana, USA. From there the genetics moved to New England and eventually Holland.

Ribsauce

wow how did i miss this thread.... everythings looking amazing man and yea like everyone else is saying great strain selection... ive never had the indiana bubble but i hear alot about it on here and it sounds pretty sweet.... the golden goat on the other hand is prolly my favorite smoke...im like a golden goat fiend... there arent many threads showing the GG in action either so yea thanks alot for showcasing... ill be lurking and maybe stoppin by to comment on how sweet your babies are looking... again awesome show and good luck man

tRuKemist

The rumor around here has always been the old dude lived in Dubois County, IN. A little county in southern Indiana near Evansville! He lived on a farm there, but ran back and forth between Bloomington and Evansville for different farming supplies. He ran into other farmers who also grew cannabis and he would exchange seeds with them! He worked on creating a flavorful strain for at least 5 years and what he eventually came up with was called DC Bubblegum for Dubois County Bubblegum! Once the seeds flew across the pond, the DC was dropped! Supposedly the old guy still lives down near Evansville in a nursing home!
I've seen DC BG in quite a few people's gardens around IN! You can't mistake it, like KISE1 stated, it's leaves are very distinct and not like any other cannabis plant, as well as it's flowers with their BG aroma and it's Juicy Fruit gum taste!
As far as I know, DC Bubblegum has always been around here!
peace,
:joint:

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
Very nice Bubblegum. I have only had Nirvana Bubblicious. Thanks for the photos.

dkmonk

I dont doubt you have the real cut the overlapping leaves, and serations certainly is the bubblegum, props for getting the cut.

Speaking of juicy fruit, do some people sell bubblegum as juicy fruit, because in bloomington i have bought juicy fruit gum bud and always wondered.

tRuKemist

The $hit I get around IN that is called Juicy Fruit, IMO is Heavy Duty Fruity! Sometimes I get it a little moister than it should be (freshly harvested), and you can really smell it then, as it has a more floral bouquet scent that you don't smell in DC Bubblegum! HDF is pretty popular as well around IN because of it's yield, it's easy to grow, and it has a slight Juicy Fruit gum taste to it, as well, although it's not nearly as robust as DC Bubblegum! That's why I think the college kids just rename HDF to Juicy Fruit!
Just my :2cents:, I could be wrong...
peace,
:joint:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
I wanna see this indiana bubblegum. I have the same stuff it think, what do yu say...? Mine has a very distinct leaf shape, especially in veg, i could make her out in a field of various strains.

KISE1

I wanna see this indiana bubblegum. I have the same stuff it think, what do yu say...? Mine has a very distinct leaf shape, especially in veg, i could make her out in a field of various strains.

It could be...It would be easier to tell from some veg shots. The Indiana gets nice colors at the end like your shots, but yours looks a little too dense, still nutrients/medium can play a role in that...

KISE1

GoldenGoat 6-24-09

GoldenGoat 6-24-09

The Golden Goat is very sensitive to the wind in my room, it gets dry, brittle leaf edges. Early in flower it was smelling like tropical fruit and sour beer. It slowly changed to smelling like Trainwreck and fruit loops and now it mostly smells just like Trainwreck.

KISE1

Bubblegum 6-24-09

Bubblegum 6-24-09

Bubblegum was smelling like sweet cantaloupe. It's morphing into a more bubblegummy smell everyday. It has a lot of tops, but they're kinda airy, I'm hoping it denses up quite a bit over the next few weeks.

Ribsauce

I just came back to this thread and noticed that no one had commented on the new beautiful pictures so i figured i had to...youve got yourself two awesome BUSH like plants going there...the pic of the golden goat is making my mouth water ive been too long between goat'ings haha... your description of early smell is a great and i think that when you flush that the early smell will prolly become dominant again (not sure about this though)...i dont have any experience with the Indiana Bubble but she looks and sounds amazing and im sure the buds will tighten up at least a lil before their done... but yea man great job so far and make sure to keep us updated ( i cant get enough of the goat haha)

Nik Dynosaur

those are absolutely magnificent kise1. I absolutely LOVE your training style. how big are the containers you have them in if you dont mind me asking..

stellar job man, i definitely couldn't have even come close to them myself.

KISE1

Thanks for all the good words and for stopping by.....it's good to know that dragging these 20 gal tubs around trying to get decent nug shots with my very cheap(and don't forget old) camera isn't in vain!

Latest posts

Latest posts