What's new

Golden Tiger...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
today at day 113 ,we cut 2 bottom buds... and are drying them now... did not see more then the odd cloudy 'T'... 99.9 were still clear ... BUT.. after reading some of the threads, we starting thinking that all these diff weeds we are growing...rez's chem/sour diesel/sour diesel kush, mr nice SSH...all which we are less then happy with maybe we are taking em too late.. we normally cut at 78/85days.. n the results are (imo) less then stellar...

so with the 1 GT that was a lady, we are going to cut her at various stages... today was 113, I think the next part cut will be at 125/130, and the final cut will be 140/150...

can't tell much from a pic.. with a shitty camera, but here it is...

Attachments

• gt at 113.jpg
    gt at 113.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 18

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
our girl still pumping out white hairs (I prefer to call em 'blond') at day 120... checked the scope today.. all still clear, with the odd cloudy... will cut 1/3 of the plant in a week or so, with the final cut 14/21 days after that..

Attachments

• gt at 120.JPG
    gt at 120.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 17

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I look forward to your views.
I also like to do several different harvests from one same plant and then decide what time better suits my needs.
Because i´ve also started a few GTs a few days ago i´m most interest in your experience.
Thanks for sharing it.

Gelado`

Veteran
This strain sounds kickass, although the long flowering time is more than my patience can handle nowadays. ;) I do have the weather to do it outdoors though...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the long flowering time is more than my patience can handle nowadays. ;)

yea its a long time... but looking for some old time smoke... like we got in the late 60/ear 70's...

all these hybrids we have been growing, from all the 'elite' breeders all lack something... can't put my finger on it, but they are 'boring-highs'... I have come to the conclusion that u can't take a 150day sativa, cross it with a 50 day indica, n come up with a 60/70day hybrid that gives the same buzz as the sativa.....so.... its so-long n bye-bye to all the chemdogs/ssh's/white Russians/rhino's/etc/etc... n hello to more of ace's sativa's...

also have a pack of Malawi n panama which we will start early in the new year...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
**update**

we cut another 1/3 (2nd cutting) of the plant at day 130, dried it, now in a bottle curing... this time we cut the tops, leaving the smaller buds for the final cut... still mostly clear, with a few add. cloudy ...

the 1st 1/3 cut has been curing for approx. 30days.. the smell is developing a bit... seems tobe spicey.. ofcourse we have smoked almost all the 1st cut, and it's 'ok'... it does keep u buzzing for about 2hrs

the final cut will be at around day 150 (pretty soon)...

we have taken cuttings , and have 3 clones that were veg'd for 45days, and have been flowering for 3 weeks...

will report back...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
**update**

we took down the rest of the plant on day 147... still the T's were mostly clear, i'd say 90%/10% cloudy..

we still have a wee bit from the 113day cut curing in a jar, and it has/is developing quite a nice aroma... i'm not good with smells, but maybe a sandlewood... when we 1st placed it in the jar, it smelled like hay... so a def improvement..

the 130 day cut was dried, and is presently curing in a jar.. we have not sampled it yet... we are giving it another week/two b4 smoking it..

one thing we did notice is that it is a producer... normally from the chemdog's/ssh's/black dom's/etc , we get approx. 2.5oz's per plant... we grow in 5gallon buckets... don't have a final weight on the GT, but it will be 4oz's, maybe a tick more.. impressive...

i'll give a smoke report on the 2nd cutting shortly...

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the updates zachrockbadenof,

Golden Tiger is a very vigorous and high yielding plant when is grown correctly, im glad to know your yield was above average. GT needs a good curing to develop that deep and long lasting psychedelic effect, You matured her enough so i think the effect will be more complex and long lasting after proper curing, the curing also benefits a lot to avoid GT rudeness and improve her aromas and taste.

idiit

Veteran
Golden Tiger is a very vigorous and high yielding plant when is grown correctly, im glad to know your yield was above average. GT needs a good curing to develop that deep and long lasting psychedelic effect, You matured her enough so i think the effect will be more complex and long lasting after proper curing, the curing also benefits a lot to avoid GT rudeness and improve her aromas and taste.

^^ thanks for the post dubi. this has been my experience ( albeit limited).

gt is my favorite smoke. some ppl i share her with agree, some disagree re their personal favorite.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
willing to give any more updates?

the cuttings from 130 and 148 days are in jars, and will remain in em for another 30+ days b4 we taste the 130day cutting..

the 113 day cutting is gone.... it smelled like hay when 1st placed in the jar, but in the 3 weeks it was in the jar (till we smoked it all) it was developing a very nice smell... headwise I also think it was also improving, but i'll report back on the other cuttings in due course..

we took cuttings of the plant, and will start some shortly , but this time in hydro.. waterfarms.. since we veg for 45/50days, and figuring at least 120days for flowering, our hydro report will be sometime in aug..maybe even sept..

gotta luv these sativa's....

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we have been curing the 2 cuts for 3-5 weeks... we smoked both this week, and honestly can say can't tell the diff between the 130 and 148 day weed.. both nice heads... def an up head, after smoking all these hybrids...

and the weight was about 5oz's off the 1 lady we got... that's about 1.5oz's more then we average , so they def produce...

it's not 'trip' weed... which we are always looking for, but have not yet found... but its def a keeper in the garden... next up we will grow it in hydro..waterfarms... and sowing another 2 seeds, looking for another lady...