What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

GreenAndFast

Golden tiger was got me into growing Sativas and honestly I'll never forget the first smoke of that after years of BLD. Unforgettable. I'd be growing more but I'm in the middle of a mango Thai X OTH experiment at the moment. So am adding singular strains to see where I'm headed.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks Hombre del mont Cactus Squatter GreenAndFast it puts a big smile on my face to read your GT smoke reports, thanks for that ;)

Three golden tigers on their way:
JustGrowing420 :wave: How are they doing 3-4 weeks later ?

FletchF.Fletch so glad to see you are giving a try to GT this time :dance013: thanks a lot for your support!

StickyBandit thanks for your updates. As someone correctly pointed out, i think the main problem with your grow in flowering was overfertilizing and too high temps for indoors.
I find very easy to grow GT indoors (especially from clone) once you take in consideration its low feeding and space requirements.
Despite the burnouts your GT flowers still show signature killer calyxes: huge, aggressive and very resinous, and i'm sure they will pack a good punch after curing.

Glad your GT group from seed is already into flowering Shua1991 :)
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
All the best for the flowering stage!

Wowza Peter_Matanzas :tiphat: Really nice GT colas! Well done! Resolution is not very good, but beside yield looks like your flowers are seriously resinous as well.

JustGrowing420

Thanks JustGrowing420 :smoke: first one looks indeed nearly done. Second and third have stronger Thai influence and will take longer.
What kind of scents are you getting from each one ? Great resins, great flower/leaf ratio and very well tamed sativa indoor plants!

Thanks, not the best fed, but still looking good :D
When you smell the bud without touching its floral/woody aroma mostly.

When you rub some resin a bit, #1 is peppery/spicy, a bit fruity and woody,
#2 and #3 are more resinous aromatic wood smell, which is also a bit creamy in texture you could say

Naturalgazda

Hi. Nice tigers. It would be good to give some object due to the real size of the flowers. E.g. bottle, milk carton and the like. Thanks ...... some tigers are blooming for me too .....

Hi. Nice tigers. It would be good to give some object due to the real size of the flowers. E.g. bottle, milk carton and the like. Thanks ...... some tigers are blooming for me too .....

I think I'm going to have to let someone else take photos for me. I did look back at the photos in this forum and I did notice that *everyone* else does post a picture of a beer can or something for reference. I'm done though.

Volcanna

Veteran
I think I'm going to have to let someone else take photos for me. I did look back at the photos in this forum and I did notice that *everyone* else does post a picture of a beer can or something for reference. I'm done though.

I didn’t. And I don’t think it’s necessary. You have some bamboos and shit in the pic. Pretty obvious the rough size of the colas IMO.

Shua1991

After topping my plants, they're now spread out and growing more vertically.

I found 13 males this far of which 8 lacked any real scent on stem rub, green carrot spice odor, I decided to get rid of them and keep 4 of the shorter more resinous/oily stem rub males, there are probably another 4-5 in my grow area, I prefer males that show sex later, have hollow stems and strong resinous/odor on stem rub and survive being stressed/rootbound without autoflowering.

In about 3 months these males will be finished flowering, any that show stress induced intersexing will be disqualified from breeding.
I'll know which carries the physical traits I look for in parents, then I'll test them all against an indica dominant hybrid I bred, whichever male passes on the most sexually stable offspring will be selected for further inbreeding with my favored female phenotypes for f4's(my gt's appear to be from the f3 generation). I want to eventually over the next few years acclimatize the GT to my local area in New York, if that isn't possible then I'll use the hybrid it produces to achieve this.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nice colas and buds Peter_Matanzas :yes: I think she will be ready in a couple of weeks or so.

Good luck on your GT selections Shua1991 please keep us updated with pics if you have the chance.

StickyBandit

Day 102ish
I think I'm at the point of diminishing returns so I will be chopping in the next few days
There are a few amber trichs and the small bud leaves are shriveling faster than they are growing. Only a few larger leaves remain
The weather is cooling a little but too little too late

I have learnt a lot, thanks folks :good:, and I hope my next grow reflects it a bit more :)

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220302_195311.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	18087364

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220302_195311.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	18087364

Click image for larger version  Name:	close.jpg Views:	0 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	18087369

StickyBandit

I'll be back!
I will hone my skills (or lack there of) on some Killer A5 Haze, Malawi x PCK and some Amnesia Mac Ganja and I WILL return :)
Will try to cure this slowly and maybe post back in the future if it turns out any good
I'm making good use of my tool cupboard
Thanks for the support :good:
20220305_205836.jpg

Swamp Thang

Veteran
I'll be back!
I will hone my skills (or lack there of) on some Killer A5 Haze, Malawi x PCK and some Amnesia Mac Ganja and I WILL return :)
Will try to cure this slowly and maybe post back in the future if it turns out any good
I'm making good use of my tool cupboard
Thanks for the support :good:

This is a sight for sore eyes. The aromas that waft off these buds as they cure will fill the room with righteousness.

herbgreen

Veteran
Probably get away with using that stuff in a vaporizer even green like it is.:smokeit:

Something about your own smoke...makes it better!:D

StickyBandit

Probably get away with using that stuff in a vaporizer even green like it is.:smokeit:

Something about your own smoke...makes it better!:D

I will try to cure it as best I can for as long as possible because we tried it and it's not great in it's current form tbh
We still have some jars of Wedding Cake and Mango Chutney to get by with but my daughter continues to roll Saturday Night Specials :tongue:

Click image for larger version  Name:	SNSpecial.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	18090827