What's new

Golden Tiger

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi PurpleBuz,

I'm very sorry for the delay in the reply. The GTs you posted in early flowering look quite malawi influenced, the thai phenos doesn't gain weight so early in the first month of flowering.

Best wishes for the flowering cycle.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ordered some GT fem.
What's the longest flowering time with these,
since they've got the Koh Chang-leaning DT in there?

gracias

Hi LowFalutin,

Golden Tiger fem release (2013-2014) is Double Thai x Malawi killer, it finishes outdoors between late Nov-early Dec. I like this version a lot, tastier and with better thai traits than the standard version, although you won't find early malawi phenos so easily.

Hope you like it, there's very little stock left of this fem version ... we are working now on new Malawi fem and Golden Tiger fem reproductions, using the new killer malawi (more compact and faster to flower) instead of old killer malawi, so i expect the new fem versions will be a bit faster to flower.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
grew out 2 seeds at the end of 2013... both grew very similar.. picked em at 3 diff times (abt 100days/120/and 148)... all the weed was 'ok'... certainly not the 'grail' we are looking for...

just finished up 8plants... 4 of the orig seeds (took cuttings), and 4 plants (2 diff seeds)... this time only picked twice... at 120 and 145 days...

comments on the 2nd grow... see the comments of the 1st grow...

would I grow GT again... nope....

rolandomota

Veteran
A long cure time is important. 1 or two months is not a long cure time. 6Months is a long cure time so i would recomend you have enough to smoke in order to cure that much. I think almost all weed is ok or sucks. Or i can rhink its ok then after smoking the same plant for a while it starts sucking. I want to grow a one year supply of this and malawi. Onlafter curing for 6 months will i judge a strain. Because fresh weed sucks The most i have cured is 11 weeks i think. It does make a difference. It becomes good but not stellar since i smoke all day eery day. But a low tolerance smoker will be blown away by it. If i dont smoke a few days i get a nice high too. So tolerance sucks is what im trying to say. Think back to when you first started smoking all that stuff had a long cure time. Say you got it in summer that meant it was at least 5 months curing if it was grown the year before or a year or so curing if it was december. Since most of that ssativa is finished mid november to mid january. Oldtimer haze is made with some of the classic legendary sativas from the sixfies and early seventies so thats were you should look zachrockbadenof. And remember ....
long curetime is the most important thing. Also mexico jamaica and colombia would compress weed some less than others. Today almost all is super compressed to crush the seeds. So less people have access to the. Cartels dont want you to collect the seeds and start growing your own weed and reduce cartel profit and to ship more at one time. The way they make malawi cobs remind me of compressed weed.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
u are absolutely correct about the curing... that's what the recently harvested GT is doing... tho we stole a bud or two...

since the old 60's/early 70's mex/jamacian/Columbian is exactly what we are looking for, i'm buying a pack of OTH.. at 100bucks, I better find that ass-kickin,shit-ass-grin lady i'm looking for l....

Doc D

Golden Tiger- day 78 or so… better and better every time I've run her.

ihHyq5Kl.jpg

43Pyz2Tl.jpg

dj3hut1

If I remember right, took about 6-8 weeks to acquire a Lemon Sugar cookie smell and a similar taste. The Golden Tiger affected my faculties moreso than a bubblegum or even a diesel hybrid.

vinrusso

Welcome vinrussogal,

Yes, we are starting a new Golden Tiger fem selection right now and would love to find a great GT fem mum to cross with our elite Zamaldelica mum.
I've just pulled my fem Koh Chang pheno GT and have smoked regular GT, and I half to say, the fem version that I had was extremely sensitive to N. It grew almost it's entire life with very little nutes. 15 weeks, but I could have went longer. The last 8 weeks were 10/14 cycle and it was still spitting out new buds. As for the potency and vigor. This was a thai leaning GT, and it was very strong, very creeper even very early little sample buds were kickin. One thing that was very different was the smell. A strong pungent smell unlike the reg GT. The vigor and size of these things are amazing. Some of these buds were over a meter long. Had the look of Double Thai in a way. High for 3 to 4 hours. Another difference is the cure time. After 1 week cure it was ass kickin. After a month I can just imagine.Energetic is an understatement. Killer weed!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I've just pulled my fem Koh Chang pheno GT and have smoked regular GT, and I half to say, the fem version that I had was extremely sensitive to N. It grew almost it's entire life with very little nutes. 15 weeks, but I could have went longer. The last 8 weeks were 10/14 cycle and it was still spitting out new buds. As for the potency and vigor. This was a thai leaning GT, and it was very strong, very creeper even very early little sample buds were kickin. One thing that was very different was the smell. A strong pungent smell unlike the reg GT. The vigor and size of these things are amazing. Some of these buds were over a meter long. Had the look of Double Thai in a way. High for 3 to 4 hours. Another difference is the cure time. After 1 week cure it was ass kickin. After a month I can just imagine.Energetic is an understatement. Killer weed!

Welcome vinrusso :)

Thanks for your feedback on your Golden Tiger experience.
I'm glad to know you have experienced both versions: standard and feminized.

My experience with the fem one is on a par with yours.
It's incredible powerful, psychedelic and long lasting, and confirms that the Koh Chang Thai influence in the fem version is very positive regarding taste, aroma, yield and overall quality.

idiit

Veteran
gt, the strain that converted me to landraces. :)

dubi's malawi is a must have keeper/breeder imo. tremendous vigor, hardiness, potency, psychoactive potential. a sativa that out performs the indicas in the above attributes. :)

i think ace's malawi will produce excellent results in many type IV sativa polyhybrids.

I agree with ya idiit, Malawii is insane, I always say, every Sativa Lover, should try it .... it has all the atributes you stated above, AND.. it yealds really well.....

I love sativas, and have tried many diferent kinds, from all over the globe.... I haddn´t had much experience with african sativas.... specially because in Brazil, most of domestic Sativas were brought from Slaves from Africa...... and in my mind, they would be sort of the same....but Dubi did an outstanding job with these african girls, and they are amongst the best sativas I´ve tried to date.... and boy, what a pleasure it is to watch them grow!

ps: what is TYPE IV polyhibrids?

idiit

Veteran
Type IV
Varieties that produce propyl cannabinoids in significant amounts (over five percent of total cannabinoids) form a fourth group from both type I and II plants. Testing for the propyl cannabinoids has been limited and most reports do not include them. They have been found in plants from South Africa, Nigeria, Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and Nepal with THCV as high as 53.69 percent of total cannabinoids (136). They usually have moderate to high levels of both THC and CBD and hence have a complex cannabinoid chemistry. Type IV plants represent some of the world's more exotic marijuana varieties.

Cannabis Chemotypes

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/cannabis-facts-information/70595-cannabis-chemotypes.html

imo ace malawi and kaiki's meao thai are both type IV. papua new guinea, some other malawis available from other vendors, purple haze, choco chiba, are other examples.

if i screwed this up dubi will hopefully come in and de-wedgie my head from my ass. :)

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Cannabis Chemotypes

http://www.420magazine.com/forums/cannabis-facts-information/70595-cannabis-chemotypes.html

imo ace malawi and kaiki's meao thai are both type IV. papua new guinea, some other malawis available from other vendors, purple haze, choco chiba, are other examples.

if i screwed this up dubi will hopefully come in and de-wedgie my head from my ass. :)

I'm doubtful that high thcv genotypes persist in these commercial lines after being bred for high potency.

oghawk

I'm a new member and i managed to get a pack of GT fem its not my first grow but my first pure sativa. Can't believe the vigor in this strain i expected this tall thin plant, not the case i have two phenos kicking one tall and one short but both bushy as can be and the beautiful structure.I did half to thin them out a bit but they responded well to the thinning so far it's been a wonderful strain to grow i hope it's worth the 14 week maybe more flower time.