What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

bmking

Thanks for all the comments! I appreciate all different advices, but Homebrewer it would be nice if you could include more specific details as to why you are arguing with such conviction.

The way I see it, we are trying to grow cannabis strains indoor which normally grow in a tropical environment. Even assuming we were able to grow them 3 meters high with 1000+ Watt of light, then we still want the plants to flower and give a yield to harvest. If we would grow them under "perfect" conditions with high N-nutrition, then they would just never finish. (I set marks aroung perfect, because I see it similar to all those nutrition recommendation to humans, they change and vary a lot!)
Even assuming that giving them a lower N is "bad" for the plant and hence not perfect, it would still be the best way to handle it indoor because it is better to have a yield which may be less, than in theory a perfect yield by handling the plants perfectly, but in the end giving no product at all because the plants feel so good they never end flowering.
Sometimes plants need something to trigger them to feel that the end is near so they produce flowers.
This is similar to a lot of plants in the norther parts too, where there are different seasons. Believe me the winter season is not a "perfect" environment, because plants stop growing and losse all leafs because of that. Still exactly that is necessary, those plants need this winter break otherwise they would die if you would grow them indoor without a simulated winter.
It is a common method to cut apple trees when they dont produce any apples. This is "bad" for the trees but triggers them to flower and hence produce apples because they want their genes to survive.

Homebrewer

Veteran
BmKing, I've stated my case on the previous pages, check it out if you missed it the first time.

Rudiger, I appreciate the beer reference in your pics :)

A Kali Mist flower at about 6 weeks in the jar. Is your bottle 12 ounces because if it is, my flower is almost as big as your plant:

picture.php

Here is a lower branch from a 6 foot tall kali mist at 98 days, cut early just for you...

picture.php

Here are two closeup shots of the previous flower. Notice the red pistils. Higher N as compared to P and K will not lengthen a flowering period. These plants have an internal time table (given a particular flowering schedule) and the goal of any grower is to get them to the end in good health. If you're finding that cutting N and bumping P and K is speeding up flowering, you're simply killing your plant before she's done. Again, these plants know how to grow. Supply the essential elements, water, air and light and have some patience.

picture.php

picture.php

Izoc666

I totally agree with Homebrewer about keep Nitrogen in order to keep plant healthy till harvest. Because foliages (leaves) is responsible for production of buds...if use PK booster it will cause leaves droop then die, ultimately reduce yield.

Folks, Homebrewer gave the best advice....my motto is to do experiment, you will find the hard facts and truth.

The Golden Tiger is dank and wow your crowd for sure :D

dc420BigBuds

yes a happy plant grows bigger better buds. If you want a 2 part mix from start to finish that wont break your wallet use Dyna gro Foliage pro and Dyna Gro Pro-Tekt from start to finish. I thought the same as you did and got set straight on a private site. You must try and keep it green and happy till chop. Good luck sicne i dont post on open forums anymore and just had to post. The one who told you to drop the N is wrong. Add it back in. if its not to late already.

dc420BigBuds

BmKing, I've stated my case on the previous pages, check it out if you missed it the first time.

Rudiger, I appreciate the beer reference in your pics :)

A Kali Mist flower at about 6 weeks in the jar. Is your bottle 12 ounces because if it is, my flower is almost as big as your plant:

View Image

Here is a lower branch from a 6 foot tall kali mist at 98 days, cut early just for you...

View Image

Here are two closeup shots of the previous flower. Notice the red pistils. Higher N as compared to P and K will not lengthen a flowering period. These plants have an internal time table (given a particular flowering schedule) and the goal of any grower is to get them to the end in good health. If you're finding that cutting N and bumping P and K is speeding up flowering, you're simply killing your plant before she's done. Again, these plants know how to grow. Supply the essential elements, water, air and light and have some patience.

View Image

View Image

now that is how its meant to look. great job bro and see you on RM3 bro.

R

rüdiger

you dont get my message.

your plant looks not ready for 98 days.

compare a plant in same soil volume if you want to compare with mine.

Izoc666

you dont get my message.

first of all I'm not here to bash you but I feel very strongly that you gave a really bad advice to this OP. Try to unlearn the bad myth or misinformation.

This OP deserve a best meds.

R

rüdiger

what i try to show here is not bad misinformation, it is proven truth with the very sativas that we grow here.

you have no clue, not a single bit of it.

grow your high n shit. smoke it and be happy.

dc420BigBuds

you need to feed them with N the whole time. i tried your method and failed to keep the fan leaves. I have noticed that keeping the leaves green and healthy means bigger/denser and all around better buds.

Homebrewer

Veteran
you dont get my message.

I don't chop her at 98 days (which is why I only pulled a branch), she goes 100-110 depending on where she grows in relation to the light. The plant sets the schedule and I'll pull her when she says so. I'm not trying to pick on you but do you think your malawi could make it 100 days? You're essentially 3 leaves away from having no leaves on your plants which is why I brought up the houseplant example. Leaves are kind of a big deal to plants and maintaining their health is our job.

I would encourage BmKing to take your advice so we can watch some otherwise good looking plants go south because the wrong elements are being emphasized. Call it a learning experience if you will.

lilroach

This is my 14week ACE Malawi flowering in 4x4 easyplug(coco/perlite),

their nutrient is PK + micros only, forcefed via submerge watering, ec 0,9. day 52.

I challenge you to replicate with a high n, mid k, low p schedule.
this can be done in any setup in a corner and takes no place.

btw, i really fucked with them a few times draught wise...:biggrin:

View Image View Image View Image

:tiphat:rüdiger

WOW.....really....

I'll try to top that using higher N

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv538%3Enu%3D48%3A7%3E56%3A%3E934%3EWSNRCG%3D36%3B%3A48%3A9%3A234%3Anu0mrj

Any questions?

lilroach

This is my 14week ACE Malawi flowering in 4x4 easyplug(coco/perlite),

their nutrient is PK + micros only, forcefed via submerge watering, ec 0,9. day 52.

I challenge you to replicate with a high n, mid k, low p schedule.
this can be done in any setup in a corner and takes no place.

btw, i really fucked with them a few times draught wise...:biggrin:

View Image View Image View Image

:tiphat:rüdiger

WOW.....really....

I'll try to top that using higher N

http://images2.snapfish.com/2323232...38>nu=48:7>56:>934>WSNRCG=36;:48:9:234:nu0mrj

Any questions?

R

rüdiger

now they come outta their caves:biggrin:

you can only compare and challenge with using the same container size:laughing:

a 4x4 cm easyplug rooting cube

and i will take her to 100 days without any N

btw, this is just a side experiment of my grow and i did not suggest BmKing to completely cut his N away in mid flower.
I suggested to cut it down to a minimum amount.

lilroach, read the first sentence. intensely.:biggrin:

R

rüdiger

we have this:

yes a happy plant grows bigger better buds. If you want a 2 part mix from start to finish that wont break your wallet use Dyna gro Foliage pro and Dyna Gro Pro-Tekt from start to finish. I thought the same as you did and got set straight on a private site. You must try and keep it green and happy till chop. Good luck sicne i dont post on open forums anymore and just had to post. The one who told you to drop the N is wrong. Add it back in. if its not to late already.

from a guy that came and made a new account only to tell this;)

and we have Homebrewer in his current grow thread:

'My medium is a mix of promix, vermiculite, and perlite. As far as plant foods go, they're being fed DynaGro's Protekt (0-0-3) and Foliage Pro (9-3-6) from start to finish.'

dynagro-mafia:laughing:bigger better - burgerking:laughing:

they wont break your wallet, they want it.

i wish you all a nice weekend,
smoke a bud and drink a beer in the sun:biggrin:

dc420BigBuds

now they come outta their caves:biggrin:

you can only compare and challenge with using the same container size:laughing:

a 4x4 cm easyplug rooting cube

and i will take her to 100 days without any N

btw, this is just a side experiment of my grow and i did not suggest BmKing to completely cut his N away in mid flower.
I suggested to cut it down to a minimum amount.

lilroach, read the first sentence. intensely.:biggrin:

They are not picking or comparing. they are stating a fact about growing plants. You need N the whole time so you can get the most out of your plant. This is not a challenge or competition. They are only trying to help. For them to take the time to inform you all means allot. A thank you i will try it on my next plant is really all that is needed. They only want you to have the best grown plant it can be.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day HB

Sorry to have to inform you .
Kali mist is not the same kind of plant we are discussing here . It may tolerate high N all the way .
But more extreme sativa don`t .

Does this look anything like your Kali Mist ?
picture.php

picture.php

And even your Kali Mist would finish a few weeks earlier with low N . And be ready to smoke in two weeks . Yours would need at least 3 months cure to get the chlorophyll to acceptable levels for my palette .

A question ?
Why do nute companies sell veg and bloom formulas if we only need vegg for the whole grow ? Surely the money conscience commercial growers would have worked out " hey we only need veg nute ! " lol .

You are swimming against the tide trying to convince me or Rudiger that high N is good . High K and calcium yes . They are the building blocks for flowers . I don`t smoke leaves .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:

Homebrewer

Veteran
You are swimming against the tide trying to convince me or Rudiger that high N is good . High K and calcium yes . They are the building blocks for flowers . I don`t smoke leaves .

It's all good brother. Lets see how BmKing's grow goes after he made the nutritional tweaks that you agree with :tiphat:.

R

rüdiger

They not understand the difference in phenotypes in a given line.
This is what happens when one try to make it easy and tend every plant the same.
Thats wrong. even more if you want a perfect product.

The Kali Mist shown here could be grown to a whole different expression, with higher yield, denser floral clusters, more trichomes and a very much reduced curing time.

with a 600 and such line you can do upperlegs, high quality upperlegs.

:tiphat:

and i think its time to pack out a gavita soon:biggrin: