What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

Terroir

The soil is pure fine white sand. They seem to grow well in the sand however ever i'm pretty lucky to have a big turkey nest close by. I've been mixing about 20% in with the sand and it's working well. Any more than thee 20% and the water doesn't penetrate due to the oil being present off the turkey's feathers. The water just beads otherwise. I'll definitely keep an eye on them to see if they want to reveg. I've also got a few panama's there to keep an eye on too. Thanks for your advise!

Interesting re the oil. Bush turkey is the compost factory of the bush.

Attachments

• Serious bush turkey mound.jpg
    Serious bush turkey mound.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 42
Interesting re the oil. Bush turkey is the compost factory of the bush.

Holy Crap that's one hell of a turkeys nest :peacock:

I could be wrong about the oil though, i'm only going off what others have mentioned. But it would explain why water just will not penetrate it???

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Man! I don't know what turkeys you guys are talking about. The turkeys in the states don't do anything like what you guys are picturing. Do you have a picture of a "turkey"? It must be an emu or something!

Do you have to run from those "turkeys" if you see one?

Last edited:
W

WholeHarvest

I have three different GT girls in flower now... two further along than the third one... I'll get some better images up soon but for now here is a lower side branch on one of the GT girls... about week 12 of 12/12

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
nice ones.... 12 weeks and still going strong... how long u thinkin they going???... we have 3 plants growing now.. hoping for some ladies... 1st 2 seeds we sowed were males n culled... I remember making a comment that we are looking for a 20+week GT, and dubi saying he thinks the 12 week pheno is the best of the lot..

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Golden tiger goin strong outside. This one is pretty short compared to the ones I did last year...
picture.php

anyone wanna chime in on what pheno this might be go for it!

idiit

Veteran
^
anyone wanna chime in on what pheno this might be go for it!

hey get mo! that looks like my 2011 gt that i smoked up in 2012 after 6 month cure (narcotic trippy dream weed). the undersides in bright sunshine give it a "bright green" look. yours looks like it is going to be a monster. i suspect it has a healthy amount of meao thai in it but there are some malawi phenos that don't have the fat leaf profile. if it has a good amount of thai in it then you have the profile i'm looking for in future gt runs.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi team! Here's a few photos I took this morning of my Golden Tiger 100% organic outdoors grow in Australia. I sprouted these beans in the first week of April. Let me know what you think

Greetings crazy shovel!

Looks like the Golden Tigers are enjoying your outdoor conditions, growing very vigorously despite of being grown out of main season.
Wishing you the best for the rest of flowering!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have three different GT girls in flower now... two further along than the third one... I'll get some better images up soon but for now here is a lower side branch on one of the GT girls... about week 12 of 12/12

Thanks for share it WholeHarvest,

I like the flower/leaf ratio, resin production and flower density of your golden tigers. Enjoy! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful sativa bush GET MO :)

Your new Golden Tiger probably has more thai influence ... the malawi dominant phenos have a darker leaf color and longer node distance, but we must wait till she reveals her true character in flowering. Im glad you are starting a new Golden Tiger round this outdoor season!

idiit

Veteran
my 2011 gt that looked like get mo's was the best plant i ever grew for smoke quality. i've been growing/smoking since '73. i haven't grown many of the grails that other experienced growers have endorsed. this was my personal "best ever".

there is a huge hole imo in the commercial strains available to od growers. blue dream is often cited yet i know of no bd from seed source that is being widely endorsed by experienced growers. some of mns and kc brains phenos get high marks but only selected phenos.

gt imo qualifies as an exceptional personal and cash crop strain. both!.

2102 gt is more malawi leaning. very powerful, sedative smoke. the more mt influenced 2011 gt after 6 month cure was just as i reported it in smoke quality. incredible smoke.

it is hard for me to tell until i actually cure and then smoke the gt pheno.

Azmodel

:eek:That tall lady on the left in pic#4 is gorgeous.

One giant bud baton.

Indeed, some excellent plants in this thead.

Greetings crazy shovel!

Looks like the Golden Tigers are enjoying your outdoor conditions, growing very vigorously despite of being grown out of main season.
Wishing you the best for the rest of flowering!

Thanks dubi I appreciate your feedback. I've still got a few fem beans left so ill be sprouting them late spring in hope of growing some monsters!!!

One other thing I'd like to add about my gts. I have never come across plants with such strong and thick main stems. They literally feel as strong as bambo canes and one of my six footers has a base as thick as a can of coke. Just incredible. It gets really windy and wet here in summer so their strengths will be we'll suited to my climate