What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger

iTarzan

Here are the pics Dubi and anyone else.

First up my labeled GT #2. It is the shortest of the 3 females. It is a bit farther along than the other 2 and always has been. It also got trichs sooner and has more now. Early on it had some purple, lavender pistils. I took pics with and without the flash.

DSCN3570.jpeg
DSCN3571.jpeg
DSCN3572.jpeg
DSCN3573.jpeg

AScrilla

Ascrilla I am new to GT but I have grown sativa before. You look for the same signs of finish as an indica. If it was a perfect world 15% clear, 70% milky and 15% amber. Whatever way you like. Some people aim for more amber in sativa to calm them down. I aim for the 15-70-15. Sometimes they are just milky mostly and that is great.
So wait for trichs the way you want them. Look for darkened pistils that have also shriveled some. Brown shriveled pistils and mostly milky trichs gets picked in my grows. Especially outdoors. Mold, cops and thieves are always looking for your grow. Trichs don't ever really cooperate. The can be difficult little bastards.So all milky, hairs not all brown and the season is late is harvest time also. You should start to defoliate all the big fan leaves and also mid size ones.
On zoom it looks like you have mostly cloudy trichs but your pistils are mostly white. It might be 2-3 weeks for absolute perfection but anything after a week and you will be able to harvest. If you had to you could harvest now but I would wait at least 1 week and 3 if you can.
Thank you!

AScrilla

J@ck your female 1 seems more Malawi dominant, female 2 is balanced pheno and in the middle between Malawi and Thai, and third is the one with more Thai influence. I think they will be close to harvest in approx 2 weeks if weather allows it. What kind of scents are you getting from each one ?

Looks great Foggy420 :love: super resinous Golden Tiger, New Malawi Killer style! Enjoy your harvest!

Welcome to ICMag and to the GT thread AScrilla :D Thanks for sharing pics of your outdoor Golden Tiger girl, she also looks great with solid resinous flowers. I think you can harvest in 2 weeks or less, although if the weather gets really bad consider harvest before any strong storm or frost.
Thank you. I will post some pics when I harvest.

J@ck

iTarzan

I have no idea how many weeks these are. I have a guesstimate. All of Sept and Oct and up till todays pics. The temps have been anywhere from 44 to 80 the last week (inside the greenhouse) Tonight it might get down to 30 but inside should be around 40. Tuesday calling for an overnight low of 22 but I think it will stay 32+ inside. Fingers crossed.

There are 3 plants. There is a few spots of PM on some fans leaves. They all have some nice trichs now.

DSCN3586.jpeg
DSCN3587.jpeg
DSCN3588.jpeg
DSCN3589.jpeg
DSCN3590.jpeg
DSCN3591.jpeg

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Here she is yesterday morning before we got into her with the shears.

As you can see, it's a lovely late Autumn day and the sun is shinning.

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-13 at 18.07.04.jpeg

To be honest I'm a little surprised to be harvesting her so soon; I was expecting her to go a couple more weeks yet. She's almost stopped putting out pistils and the trichs are mostly cloudy with a few clear and a few amber; Plus our Grandson is here and it's time for him to learn about harvesting and trimming, just like his Mum and Uncle before him:)

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-13 at 18.07.02.jpeg
20221114_134105.jpg

20221114_134140.jpg

20221114_134808.jpg

Attachments

• 20221114_134649.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 42

iTarzan

J@ck that first pic is fantastic. The GT is beautiful. The wall, window/door is a great backdrop.

Your plants are looking great too hombre. I like the cat for size comparison.

That first picture of yours is also fantastic. I can't believe we have two pictures in back to back posts that IMHO could just flat out win or be competitive in a all subject photography contest.

Last edited:

funkyhorse

That's Maggot, our youngest cat and Mrs DM's baby. He's a little shit; He has a bad habit of pushing glasses and cups off of the surface that they're on, so that they smash
According to Maggot's view, you have the bad habit of leaving glasses and cups on high surfaces
You need to find a compromise for such a terrible situation...maybe if they would be left on the floor would they get smashed? What about plastic cups? I hope everyone in this planet have the same kind of difficult problems as you have

One plant is chopped and the other is flowering next day
As opposed to malawi fem back right and malawi boy back left, Golden Tiger fem is not complaining about the humid weather at all
Golden Tiger.jpeg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
According to Maggot's view, you have the bad habit of leaving glasses and cups on high surfaces
You need to find a compromise for such a terrible situation...maybe if they would be left on the floor would they get smashed? What about plastic cups? I hope everyone in this planet have the same kind of difficult problems as you have

AH! That makes sense, I never thought of it like that! It's a shame we have shelves with cups and glasses on. The shelf in question is not even big enough for a cat to comfortably sit on and is quite high up. Most recently he has got through 5 double walled coffee cups. One of the pleasures in life is good coffee every morning!,( ideally in a nice glass thermal cup)

J@ck

Hello 🙂
GT 3 was cut last sunday at night with GT 2 after 14 weeks of bloom.
N°2 has strong resinous and floral/fruty smell, i don't know exactly but it's very sweet.
N°3 don't smell strong, resinous and a little lemony touch i suppose but not sure.
I hope those girls have that famous GT effects :sasmokin:
Here are few pics of GT 3.
First is a family picture with N°2 and 3.
View media item 18706218
View media item 18706219
View media item 18706220
View media item 18706221
View media item 18706222Very happy with that strain, i think i must select balanced and thaï pheno next year, they've very good mold resistance in my place at 46° north.
@iTarzan , thank you very much for your kind words.