What's new

Golden Tiger

StickyBandit

I didn't realize I had a 12/12 light timer plugged in already so I guess that answers my question about when to flip 😋
I have given the 6 Golden Tiger girls the 1000x1000x2000 tent to themselves under an Aglex M240 LED. Not a super bright light but the price is right and it has an external dimmable power source to keep the heat out and the results have been pretty nice under them in the past
I look forward to finding out what all the fuss is about with this strain as it doesn't look like your typical chunky nugs :)
Click image for larger version  Name:	20211127_214158.jpg Views:	1 Size:	124.2 KB ID:	18000841

Last edited:

Hartlus

I can't believe I found this thread. I have so much I want to ask and so little time today.

I hatched 4 seeds last year and got 2 Thai dominant and 2 Malawi dominant. My grow got out of control. I did not keep very good track of the weeks. I had plants growing into the ceiling and lights which caused them to do all kinds of crazy things. I had no idea when to harvest anything because nothing was making sense. I did however get to harvest a lot of good material that got me high all the way through my last nug.

I had collected a lot of clones but I got busy with life and wound up neglecting them. I left them for dead, sitting in dry buckets with the air pumps still on. I crushed the dry flower between my hands until I found a few moist and tender buds. I used them for clones and managed to rescue one Thai and one Malawi phenotype after it was all said and done. They responded with vigorous growth, and it seemed like I was defoliating every day.

Here are some pics of the Malawi phenotype (I will post pics of the Thai in a minute)

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

20211128_083948263.jpg

20211128_084125096.jpg

20211128_084248093.jpg

20211128_084344843.jpg

This is the end of week 8. Brown hairs have been present for weeks now.

Opinions? Advice? I kind if want to cut it down right now. I would love to know which phenotype this is and what I can expect from it.

I will make another post about the Thai dominant one after I get some work done.

HCMPA

Opinions? Advice? I kind if want to cut it down right now. I would love to know which phenotype this is and what I can expect from it.

I will make another post about the Thai dominant one after I get some work done.

If they where mine, I will let them a couple of weeks at least, looks like there are more clear trichs than pics are telling, and buds are still reflowering nicely.

best regards

0x942

I can't believe I found this thread. I have so much I want to ask and so little time today.

I hatched 4 seeds last year and got 2 Thai dominant and 2 Malawi dominant. My grow got out of control. I did not keep very good track of the weeks. I had plants growing into the ceiling and lights which caused them to do all kinds of crazy things. I had no idea when to harvest anything because nothing was making sense. I did however get to harvest a lot of good material that got me high all the way through my last nug.

I had collected a lot of clones but I got busy with life and wound up neglecting them. I left them for dead, sitting in dry buckets with the air pumps still on. I crushed the dry flower between my hands until I found a few moist and tender buds. I used them for clones and managed to rescue one Thai and one Malawi phenotype after it was all said and done. They responded with vigorous growth, and it seemed like I was defoliating every day.

Here are some pics of the Malawi phenotype (I will post pics of the Thai in a minute)

This is the end of week 8. Brown hairs have been present for weeks now.

Hi man, beautiful flowers there ! I would let them go a couple more weeks:clock watch: :smokey:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Well, another week has flown by.

The weather has been fairly good. Plenty of warm sunshine (15-17c) in the daytime and 4-6c at night. The wind on some days has been bloody awfull!.

The colas are drooping all over the place and are getting blown around a lot. Thankfully the actual buds don't appear to have suffered.

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0891.JPG

IMG_0895.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0896.JPG

I'm thinking that, providineg the weather holds out, then she'll go until next weekend at least. The sample that i took last weekend is very good; nice up, clear, euphoric high. Mrs DM already say's it's her favourate, although she says that about most of my Ace sativas when she first tries them.

Have a great week folks and stay warm!

0x942

Well, another week has flown by.

The weather has been fairly good. Plenty of warm sunshine (15-17c) in the daytime and 4-6c at night. The wind on some days has been bloody awfull!.

The colas are drooping all over the place and are getting blown around a lot. Thankfully the actual buds don't appear to have suffered.

I'm thinking that, providineg the weather holds out, then she'll go until next weekend at least. The sample that i took last weekend is very good; nice up, clear, euphoric high. Mrs DM already say's it's her favourate, although she says that about most of my Ace sativas when she first tries them.

Have a great week folks and stay warm!

:groupwave:
What a beautiful plant, dripping in goodness !

Awesome 👍

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
HI there , You've grown them on 12/12 from the beginging, no? Personally i wouldn't worry that they've not started flowering yet as they are still on babies and really need to grow a bit before they will flower.

StickyBandit

HI there , You've grown them on 12/12 from the beginging, no? Personally i wouldn't worry that they've not started flowering yet as they are still on babies and really need to grow a bit before they will flower.

Thanks for the reply
Yes they have been on 12/12 from the time they were repotted
I was worried they might get too big for my little tent but I will just have to be patient I guess :)
If I was to put one outdoors would it be very smelly? Cheers

Cactus Squatter

Thanks for the reply
Yes they have been on 12/12 from the time they were repotted
I was worried they might get too big for my little tent but I will just have to be patient I guess :)
If I was to put one outdoors would it be very smelly? Cheers

The pheno of GT I have going outdoors doesn’t have a strong smell that permeates the area like some of the others. It’s also a different enough smell from “weed” that I doubt my neighbors would know what it was if I ran a straight GT season. It has more of the Malawi oily smell.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I've done GT outside for the last 2 years and niether were smelly in a "modern weed" sense and only really revealed themselves durring the last few weeks.

StickyBandit

I think my GTs look a little more broad in the leaf than yours Hombre del mont . Maybe it's because they're indoors?
I topped them but they are still growing like weeds so I might have to take a few leaves off at the branch bases to stop the growth spurt. I might still have to cull 2 which seems a shame but I only planted 6 hoping for a few males anyway :)
I don't think the overall crop will suffer too much given the limited space
GTs.jpg
​​​​​​​

brickweeder

I think my GTs look a little more broad in the leaf than yours Hombre del mont . Maybe it's because they're indoors?
I topped them but they are still growing like weeds so I might have to take a few leaves off at the branch bases to stop the growth spurt. I might still have to cull 2 which seems a shame but I only planted 6 hoping for a few males anyway :)
I don't think the overall crop will suffer too much given the limited space
​​​​​​​

i flipped gt at about the same size as yours and they hit 1.7 meters by the time the stretch was over, and that height included supercropping to control the height. Lights were raised to the max and the tops were closer than i wanted, but it was a happy problem. good luck with your grow.

Cactus Squatter

Why does my house smell funny???
Golden Tiger 2.0, that’s why! 😂
Took my outdoor GT down this morning before sunrise. Really looking forward to see how she turned out outdoors compared to indoors.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Why does my house smell funny???
Golden Tiger 2.0, that’s why! 😂
Took my outdoor GT down this morning before sunrise. Really looking forward to see how she turned out outdoors compared to indoors.

We took down half of ours yeaterday but will leave the other half a bit longer yet. She no longer smells of pineapple, more Quava and lemon zest. The early sample from a week last Saturday is really good.

"Before sunrise" wow, that's early and no doubt cold. It was a pleasat 19c when we took ours, but have had 2 consecutive nights of 0c. Do you harvest before the sun for a reason, or was just a case of it fitting in with your life?, if you don't mind me asking.

Cactus Squatter

We took down half of ours yeaterday but will leave the other half a bit longer yet. She no longer smells of pineapple, more Quava and lemon zest. The early sample from a week last Saturday is really good.

"Before sunrise" wow, that's early and no doubt cold. It was a pleasat 19c when we took ours, but have had 2 consecutive nights of 0c. Do you harvest before the sun for a reason, or was just a case of it fitting in with your life?, if you don't mind me asking.

I’m lucky and it was beautiful here this morning. Low 50f, light breeze. Perfect for cutting 😂
My particular GT is all Malawi oily smell in flower, huge Malawi trich heads, and once cured smells like sweet green tea with a slight hint of oily background. The mom is going to a friend of mine that really likes this cut and I’m going to run a grip of seeds sometime next year to make my GT keeper selection.

I always harvest before lights on/sun up. Supposedly it makes things smoother/cure better due to no starches/things circulating through the plant. Many swear by it, I just do it mainly because I wake up at 4:11 on the dot every morning whether I want to or not, and I love being out in the garden that early with the fresh smells and birds.

ridoo

Cap1245ture.JPG

can I make this for Christmas ?

I uploaded a new one with "ACE Seeds genetic" added

Attachments

• gtCapture.JPG
    gtCapture.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Hartlus

Thanks for the advice everyone. I held off on cutting down the Malawis. I really don't know what I'm doing at this part of the grow. Reflowering is a thing? What should I be looking at? Do the bracts or calyxes open more?

Anyway, here are pics of my Thai GT. One of the meristems got just a little more light than the surrounding ones and began to shoot out nodes and bracts. I stopped this because I just want this grow to finish. I wonder if I could have moved the lights closer to trigger more shooting and grow the buds out another 12". Does anyone do that?

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

image018.jpg

These are last week though. They seem a bit fuller this week.

Just thinking out loud here: Should I graft all of my clones back onto this root stock? Should I do it now, before I harvest the buds? Or at the same time? If I dry on racks, I could just snip the buds off the plant. Then I could graft my clones to stems of the same size. Is there anything to be gained here?

Attachments

• DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Latest posts