What's new

Gold & Red Colombian

E

elmanito

I had contact with Reeferman.He has very soon Santa Colombian Gold, the real one.I dont know if the SCG of WOS is the real one, could be.

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

PappyCanna

If it is the color of real wheat straw, and after three hits you've had enough, it is the real Colombian Santa Marta Blonde. Havent seen any since 1975.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
but, if it is the colour of Wheat Straw, that is because the stem bark got cut a few days before harvest, killing the plant slowly in the light, reducing the possible THC content, no ?

Does anybody really know the truth about Santa Marta Gold ? The Colombian smokers I know never mention it.

rmmy

im looking for the columbian also. back in the late 70s i crossed it with what was called sensimilla, best combination ever but my contacts said that columbian came from so america. it was by far the easiest selling weed back then, the taste was great. good stoner dope. if you find it, drop us a line.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
plus anybody really knows the truth about reeferman strains??? i don't think so...:noway:

I was not really referring to Reefermans SMG, I mean the "Legend" of Santa Marta Gold Colombian weed from the late 60s or 70s........ it was ony gold because it was ringed, so is/was it just another Punto Rojo ?

I am trying to get my hands on some Mangobiche / Corinthian seeds right now, I am sure there are a few people who would be intereted in running them.

el gordo

I was not really referring to Reefermans SMG, I mean the "Legend" of Santa Marta Gold Colombian weed from the late 60s or 70s........ it was ony gold because it was ringed, so is/was it just another Punto Rojo ?

i agree with you...i thought your response was related to manito's one...manito be careful with reef's and WOS gear...they're not the most reputable breeders out there...

E

elmanito

manito be careful with reef's and WOS gear...they're not the most reputable breeders out there...

Explain yourself about Reeferman.Why is he not reputable????

Last pica below is Brazil Amazonia purple pheno from WOS

Namaste :smoweed: :canabis:

but, if it is the colour of Wheat Straw, that is because the stem bark got cut a few days before harvest, killing the plant slowly in the light, reducing the possible THC content, no ?

Does anybody really know the truth about Santa Marta Gold ? The Colombian smokers I know never mention it.

I wasn't aware that cutting the stem bark (I think the term for it is girdling) like that reduces the THC potential...from what I've read on the subject, it just shifts the plant's focus to resin production and away from leaf/flower productoin. Perhaps that information was incorrect?

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I wasn't aware that cutting the stem bark (I think the term for it is girdling) like that reduces the THC potential...from what I've read on the subject, it just shifts the plant's focus to resin production and away from leaf/flower productoin. Perhaps that information was incorrect?

Yes, IIRC Girdling is the correct name, I just presumed it was wrong because nobody else really does it, and the generally accepted story about drying in the dark [or at least not full light] because light reduces or harms the THC when the plant is dead....... If it did really "shift the plant's focus to resin production and away from leaf/flower production" we would all be doing it........ I hope !

Has nobody got any good stories about "how it really does grow golden in Santa Marta" ?

noodleman

Red Columbian Haze

Red Columbian Haze

Anyone tried or heard something about CH9's Red Columbian Haze? I think it's cross of their Jack33, Neville Haze and a Red Columbian. The description's gone from their site cause they're not carrying it anymore, so I'm not certain of the description. I love their Jack so I'm expecting something good. I have two vegging now that will be flowered in December.

Possum

girding - it's a way to get all the plants in the field to ripen at the same time.

we do it with chemicals these days.

and i'm telling you the shzt was yellow. with bright red hairs. the plant i grew had purple leaves all at the same time. beautiful. the buzz was about spacial distortion. awesome.

the ones i saw had fat brachts and fat leaves - not like the haze, but more like the skunk. this was in the late 80's early 90's.

The Indica (northern lights) and Columbian Gold were the best in KY back then.

then orange bud, purple pistles, other homegrown.

and last and least of course mexi-brick.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It´s a very dry environment...humidity is lacking (for plants)from 3 to 11 months/year
High altitude,harvesting,processing and curing,and of course,genetics make the rest :)

Serranía de Macuira is the Oasis ( = relatively high humidity) :D

Last edited:
Although MOST of Reeferman's Gear is like wet firecrackers I have to say that his Love Potion #1 was pretty good, and Love Potion #2 with the right selection from a couple of packs will present some exquisite "gold" Columbian specimens.

Also to set the record straight, I know a few people who provided Reeferman with quite a few of the genetics that he uses/used and I have to say that a lot of the shortcomings in his seed offerings are attributed to his mediocre breeding talents (no insult intended) and not the genetics he uses (of which some are phenomenal!).

Later.

master shake

yep reef LP can give some nice CG phenos. A friend of mine is growin one out from some F4 beans I made, can't wait to pop some myself!

picture.php

picture.php

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
if you find the lucky people who got beans from either Aldous or redrider, they have real colombian reds and golds, but I dunno who ended up with those beans or if they reproduced it...

master shake, that does look like a colombian indeed.

peace

Latest posts

Latest posts