What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going to Thailand

remy2584

:woohoo:

Yeah, so I'm going to Thailand in a couple months. I wanted to bring some seeds with me but I don't think I'd make it through the US and Japanese airports (my flight leaves DC and I connect from tokyo to go to bangkok). I want to grow in Thailand. But it's so hot there. Any advice from you growers out there would be great.

The biggest problem isn´t the heat - it´s not getting caught and ending up in a Thai prison waiting for someone to bail you out for a lot of money.

remy2584

that's true. but...

that's true. but...

I already have family there with there own 6-7 plant plots. but my concern is getting my seeds over there.

ehonda187

I wouldn't be riskin all that for some weed man. The criminal system is built for the harshest conditions over there, They have no lax in there prison game :smile: They'll stick all kinds of chopsticks in yer ass man! :joint:

Side note: excerpt from above link:

"Thailand, with a population of 65 million people, holds more than 250,000 prisoners, about one-fifth of whom are women. The prison population has grown dramatically in recent years because of convictions for drug offenses, and most facilities hold many more convicts than their planned capacity. " :badday: :badday: :spank:

G

Seeds

Seeds

Just mail the seeds overthere. If that is not possible put them in a plastic bag and stick them in your crouch for the flights to bangkok. Its how i travel with weed everywhere in the world. Good Luck Jubei

G

By all means MAIL the seeds to your location in Thailand.

When I would fly into Singapore the is an entry document that you have to fill out and on the back is this warning that says "all drug offenses punished by death"

I am sure Thailand is not far from that, I drove into Thailand from Malaysia a couple of times but there are no checks of any kind where I was at. Come to think of it the Killed a Thai guy when I was Singapore once who was caught swallowing ballons and going through the airport.

8 swats of the cane for vandilism up to 20 for petty crimes and assault. I have a book that I got while over there that was the personal interviews with the guards that administered the swats. In there they describe their technique, the stance, their thought process, pictures of narley looking beating wounds. These guys took such pride in whacking people with the cane it was almost spiritual to them. Helping, through painful whacks, people see the error in their ways and beating some since into them. I was there when Micheal Fane painted/vandilized all the cars with spray paint. Our Pres. Clinton stepped in and said that was to harsh so as a courtesy they dropped it from 8 whacks to 3 I think. I bet he never went back.hehe

When they whack you with the cane, if ya get 8 whacks, it takes weeks. They literally strap you in a stock of sorts with your bare ass bent over a frame and a big piece of leather over your lower back and from about mid thigh down just in case they miss(these guys are pros though they don't miss, it you be shameful to them). They whack you once or twice till the cane splinters and it breaks the skin of the subject. Then they take ya back you your cell and give a purple looking sauve to put on it, supposed to burn and hurt like hell. Then once you get a little scab on it, just ever so slighty starting to heal, they strap your ass back in the stocks and do it again, repeating the process over a period of days and weeks. Not like gettin a couple swats with the belt or paddle then on your way.

Hanoi hilton or some name like that about those two girls that got suckered into being mules between Thailand and Hong Kong, watch that bad boy for am eye opener. I think it really happened in Peru but they made it Thailand in the movie. Oooooooo roaches laid eges in her ears...

Carry some seeds through the airport if you dare but they do not play nice over there when it comes to drugs especially a foriegner

Order from Gypsy when ya get there or mail them to yourself.

Tex

Tex

Last edited:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Wow tex.... what a job that would be..

they let you just barely heal... then BAM... hit you again.

That... is cruel.... i can just imagine the narley lookin scars.

G

I don't know, I think they sanitized the image of a Turkish prison in Midnight Express. That movie all by itself made me never want to be there. Gettin hit on the soles of your feet with a cricket bat ain't no picnic.

The cane is a pretty good deturant I tell ya. I would ask people over there, what about this and what about that like wearin alot of flashy clothes and watches and such make you a target? or being in a way shady, I mean way shady bar with money is that a problem? They would get a real solumn look and say" the cane, people don't want the cane" a pretty good deturant for me.

Other parts of S.E.Asia are far worse in their treatment of prisoners. I bet ya don't get your phone call in Sarawak or Kalamantan or some other small island in Indonesia. Oooooooo no thanks.

Another goofy S.E. Asia story, I was staying at a hotel in Kota Kinabalu, up on the tip of Borneo over looking the South China Sea. I was a international road dog so I drank at super human levels everyday. So I have a meeting way down in the jungles of Borneo (you can guess the industry) at a plant that was built in the middle of the rain forest. The plant grew from 400 to 5600 in under 18 months. They actually had to build a city across the way in the jungle to house the employees. So I had to go there, so in true form I drank all night with a bunch of Aussie "Ex-Pats" living on a sailbaot. I get to the room take a shower and get in a private car sent by the plant. I am hungover/still drunk whatever, it was about 105 degrees, about 150% humidity and 20 minutes in the a/c breaks. Shit, of all the luck. So now I am feelin real hot sweaty queezy you name it. Oh yea it is a 4+ hour drive over and around mountains, valleys, cliffs, gorges all the perils of roads washed out, rock slides, goats.
So about 3 hours in I say man can we stop?my stomach rumbling, I am sweatin like a whore in church, I smell the Bourbon seepin out of me, man those were the days.....not. He says just over the hill, just over the hill. Now I haven't seen anything but one ox drawn cart in two hours so I am thinkin what could be over the next hill. Some hut on the side of this dirt road(which should not automatically exclude it as a choice) after tellin me another couple of times of the hill, there it was A FRIGGIN KFC, a Damn Kentucky fried chicken in the middle of a jungle in Borneo, no shit. I was saved by the Cornel himself, but not so fast young Jedi, Remeber that a bathroom was in my immidiate future so I thought I order a box o bird and take the bathroom break after ordering.
The bathroom was of corse of the Muslim persuation, a hole in the floor with two tile set in mortar on either side of the whole, a bucket of water with a ladel in it for cleaning up, thats it! I mean that's f'n it. So I amnage to navigate that tricky event only to grab my box o bird and jump in ht e car to continue. I open the box and it looked like 2 drumettes or Buffalo wings and a wad of unlevened bread. needless to say they don't get their supplies from the same place as us here in the states.
Anyways, just ramblin on a sat buzz

Tex

G

guest123

grow some of the local seed there remy , its what works the best , youll find your seeds wont fair aswell with the climate , different hours etc ... heat is not a problem for gunja , it is very much at home in th e hot/wet tropics ...

myrth

thailand....ah, the memories...such good food...such beautiful women...such a painful penicillin shot... ;)

-myrth

tragic1

I would vote no on carrying seeds into Thailand.I have a friend who is from there and he has now moved back and He said don't even think of brining anything with you into Thailand. He said since he left and rerturned{about 4 years} that they have become even stricter with drug laws.

Just remeber this could be you :spank:

Hey TK thanks for the great stories. You sound like a pretty well traveled guy.

G

I've been around the world a few times. From my early 20's there was a period of six years that I averaged 275 days a year outside the United States. Mainly I traveled in South America and South East Asia, a little in Europe, anywhere they were cuttin down forest at a lightning pace.

200,000 flight miles accumulated a year and it would have been more if ya counted all the crazy single engine death trap planes or DC-9's with actual chickens and goats on it. Their computer system was down.hehe

Didn't have to pay US taxes during those years which was very very nice plus I lived on a 6 figure expense account so I never spent my own money.

Oh, the good ol days

Tex

remy2584

thanks for the advice. and texaskid, thanks for the melodramatic truth about the possible punishments of carrying my seeds through the airport. yeah, i'll find dank ass seeds there. however, i'm still gonna mail my seeds over there though. you guys are great. i can't thank you enough.

Latest posts

Latest posts