What's new

Goin to try to dwarf some 12' Sun Flowers

DevinsDad

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

DevinsDad

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]One of the two with a bent / broken stem has died from the bend / break up.

So I started with 11. now down to 3!

These are BURPEE Mammoth sunflowers Supposed to take 75 days to bloom. And supposed to get 12 foot!!!

Well keeping them in this tupperware at day 59 and only 3 feet tall.

It appears the 1 with broken / bent stem has begun to form flower buds.

[/FONT]

The one that survived with a bend / break seems to have only healed on one side. Yet is growing fine.

DevinsDad

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I started with 11. now down to 3!

These are BURPEE Mammoth sunflowers Supposed to take 75 days to bloom. And supposed to get 12 foot!!!

Well keeping them in this tupperware at day 65.

It appears the 1 with broken / bent stem has begun to form a flower bud and has reached 36" or 3'.
[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif].

[/FONT]The 2 that never got bent / broken are now at 41" and 42" so 3 ft 5 inches and 3 and a half feet.

[/FONT]

DevinsDad

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I started with 11. now down to 3!

Well keeping them in this tupperware at day 71.

It appears the 1 with broken / bent stem has begun to form a flower bud and has reached 38" or 3' 2".
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

The 2 that never got bent / broken are now at 43" and 44" so 3 ft 7 inches and 3 ft and 8 inches.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

DevinsDad

Good god. So I began with 11. Rats or cats ate 7. Left me with 4. Gravity and the wind tipped them over and broke/bent 2 of the 4. 1 died. Now I had 3. 2 days ago they fell over face first. This time one snapped off at the stem. And the other 2 didnt.

So I stabbed it up like a clone and stuck it in the dirt. And the leaves look withered but the flower looks fine.

Thank god today was day 75. And they were only supposed to run 75 days. I can now say I had 2-3 make it to the end.

DevinsDad

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So I started with 11. now down to 3!

Well keeping them in this tupperware at day 75.

It appears the 1 with broken / bent stem has begun to form a flower bud and has reached 38" or 3' 2".
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

The 2 that never got bent / broken are now at 43" and 44" so 3 ft 7 inches and 3 ft and 8 inches.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

This is the one that snapped 2 days ago.....

[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts