What's new

Goat Farming

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Whats going on everyone? Been post some pics and finally decided to start a diary on my goat farm.
Steve_Goats.jpg

NO, not that kind of goat farm!

I am taking about the 9 Golden Goats I have sitting under a 1000w HPS, in 3 gallon grow bags filled with coco. This is my vision of a goat farm, I enjoyed her smoke so much from a recent harvest I decided to dedicate a 4x4 to her and have plenty more to smoke:smokey:. They are all cuts from my mom and they have been in veg for about 3 weeks. I fed them flora nova grow, roots excelurator, liquid karma, and great white whenever they asked for it. As of today they are in day 5 of 12/12. They're under a 1000w air cooled hood, hortilux bulb, lumatec ballast, and 10" carbon filter/can fan.

Picture_1091.jpg

Picture_1093.jpg

They have had 2 feeding so far here is a list of the nutes I've used:

CNS-17 soil coco formula
great white
multizyme
roots excelurator
bud candy
liquid Karma

I won't change these nutes about until about day 21. I plan on letting them go 70 days because that seemed to smoke the best of ones from previous harvest.

If anyone has any questions of suggestion please post them, I will update weekly and I hope to show you guys a truly unique plant grow begining to end.

here are some pics of it dried from last harvest

Picture_1057.jpg
Picture_1060.jpg

MeltingPOT

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll be along for the ride Otto....She must be some pretty funky stuff if yer filling a tent with her, especially with the other moms you run.....
Any possible way that when those Goats get bigger you can take a couple close ups of their asses?:biggrin: I love Goatass.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
MP thanks for stopping by, I justed voted you for POTM. good luck!

Sleepy, thanks for coming thru, its true what can I say I DO LOVE TO GET BLOTTO!!!

So on day 7 of flowering, didn't feed today cause they didn't feel like they needed it. It's has been miserably cold the past few days and they haven't liked it, I am gonna hit up the home depot and pick up a heater and take care it tonight.

Lucky for me the Golden Goat doesn't like to stretch very much at all so if there has been any shock it won't matter too much if the don't get much taller. This plant is way more concerned with growing buds as you will see.

I also have some other plants in the mix here but I am going to concentrate only on the 9 Goats for this thread.

Things won't get exciting for a few weeks but I will continue to make weekly updates!

Picture_1113.jpg
Picture_1114.jpg

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Well Day 10 flowering and things are running smoothly.

They got fed today: cns-17, great white, roots excelurator, liquid karma.

Picture_1122.jpg
Picture_1123.jpg

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Ok, This report is from day 17 of flower (yesterday). Things have been real cold in my neck of the woods and i have 2 tents I run. I have them both run 12/12 but opposite times so this way I have no huge 12/12 spikes for the electric co. to nose around my place. Anyways The goat room runs from 10am-10pm and at night its been freezing and with no heater in the room the plants have gotten a bit water logged in the coco.

I attacked the problem about 5 days ago. I first took the exhaust heat from my one tent that runs 10pm-10am and ran it to this tent (the golden goat tent). so now i have about 80 degree warm air running into the room when the lights are off at night. this also saved me money by buying a portable heater and the cost of electricity to run the damn thing.

After that i went for my weed puller and poked big hole in the coco all the way to the bottom of the grow bags to help the roots breathe. I also fed with a little bit of PH'd water that I had bubbling over night. When I had to water yesterday they didn't feel like they need it but but I was irriated by something. The plants have a hint of yellow to them so instead of feeding them I foilar sprayed them with Liquid karma and things are starting to look good again.

Day 17 of flowering

Things will start to get fun soon.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Ok day 21 of flowering and the bud sites are really starting to show. I gave them a good feeding today. I decided to switch it up with the base nute brand. I used Flora nova, liquid karma, bud candy, and some Big Bud:biggrin:.

Also I cut off a lot of the lower branching some may say I even butchered the plants but they will love me in the end for it. The Golden Goat is only gonna care about one thing from here on out and that is growing buds, she won't stretch or bush out she will just grow fat yummy buds, I rather not waste any energy on lower branches because it will make the top nugs even bigger than last run.

here you can see how much i cut off

here you can see were the bud sites are developing nicely

Ribsauce

dude nice show... i LOVE the Golden Goat one of the best ive ever sampled... ill def be watching this one wishing i could find this cut hehe

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Ribsauce,

right on man thanks for swing thru. glad to hear their is another person who enjoy's the golden goat as much as I do. To be honest I have no idea whether or not its a popular strain across the US or just passed among a few generous growers. If you have any idea on here background I'd love to know

Ribsauce

well i dont know too much but i do know a little about this gem from reading around on here... i think it is a pretty popular plant amongst those who have tried her but i dont think its as popular as say some of the cali kushes or some of the chemdoggs and such...not saying it isnt as good by any means just that the person who made the GG , MrDank didnt hoard it and let it be spread around publicly... therefore theres none of the dumb hype about it like there is some of the other stuff thats prolly not nearly as good in some cases... and as far as info on the plant itself i would talk to MrDank (icmag name) on here cause he is the person who bred the GG...ive talked to him a few times and hes very kind and helpful... good luck with the goats man

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Ribsauce, thanks for the info, I feel you about how some of these strains get so hyped up and almost become a urban legend. All I've learned from this plant is from the little bit of info on here (icmag) and from actually growing her out.

I happen to like this plant a lot and have grown out many strains before and she def earns a place in my mother room. I'd like to help spread more info about this strain because it's an "elite" IMO. Also a lot of :respect: to Mr.Dank for spreading the love of the golden goat and letting a normal guy like me grow and enjoy her fine smoke.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Che, thanks for stopping through man hope you'll enjoy the ride!

So I was walking thru a local book store and came across The Cannabible 3 by Jason King. I knew right away I was going to buy it but while I was reading thru it I found on pg. 84 and 85 I find Funky bitch and Golden Goat. The author gave a great description on both strains me personally only being able to relate to the GG and not Funky Bitch. So to help with learning more info on this awesome plant I am going to quote Jason King who tell you just about everything you want to know about the golden goat.

So according to Jason King Funky Bitch and Golden Goat are of the same heritage just the two best phenotypes from the seeds. It's "a very special Hawaiian sativa x Romulan x Island Sweet Skunk."

The first paragraph describes Funky Bitch and then after talks about the Golden Goat:
"Even more impressive is the Golden Goat, another phenotype of the same heritage, this one leaning more toward the Sweet Skunk and Romulan genetics. Golden Goat has such an incredible smell-a complex blend of luscious fruits, vitamins, and a spicy haze note. To be honest, it reminded me of well-grown Trainwreck. The high from Golden Goat is extremely strong, a euphoric, heart-pounding, eye reddening buzz that can be felt from head to toe, inducing heavy bouts of laughter and the munchies. My compliments to the grower of this fine herb." Pg. 84 Cannabible 3, Jason King.

I agree with everything the author describes with the exception of it smelling like well grown Trainwreck. I happen to think is smells more like well-grown Island Sweet Skunk, some of my friends I've smoked with said it reminded him of a ssh romulan cut the was passed around also.

has anyone been lucky enough to smoke Funky Bitch, I guessing its named after the Phish jam, which happens to be one of my favorites. I never even heard of it until I read this book yesterday.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Well its day 28 and things are really starting to come around, the cold has not been a issue and the plants aren't water logged anymore and were begging to be fed today :dance013:.

they got: Flora Nova, Liquid Karma, Bud Candy, Big Bud; ph'd to 5.8-6.0 in bubbling water for 2 hrs.

The room is starting to fill out and the thc is packing on already

vaped

Nice setup. I think you will get a nice crop. Never smoked the gg but she looked killer aswell.

muddywaters

nice grow, the dried bud shot looks nice.

just wondering why you have your can filter on the ground, wouldn't it be more effective if you hung it on the top to suck out the hotter air instead of so low where the cooler air is.

anyways good luck with the grow it's looking good. props.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
fb420 and vaped thanks for stopping by:wave:

muddywaters, I wish my tent was strong enough to hold that fan and carbon filter, together they must weigh 50lbs, but you can't smell a thing. as much as I'd like to hang it and have more room its just not possible. thanks for the suggestion :thank you: