What's new

Gnats laying eggs in buds!!?!?!

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Which spectracide are you guys referring to? I tried to search and just found that Spectracide is a brand name and that they manufacture a whole range of gardening chemicals.... what's the exact product that's best? I don't want to accidentally off my babies by getting the wrong stuff

There is a pic on the first page.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Of all the pro-mix/sunshine mix, top soil, potting soil etc., I've bought, 99 % of it was stored outside. I'd think it's impossible to be sure that any of it is free of bugs! I wonder what's the best way to pre-treat a whole bale of PM, before using it? I'd think boiling it would work, but what a fu--ing mess that would be?

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
If it was from your soil, it is likely that the shop you bought from left the bags outside and were infested due to the shop's negligence.

They could have come from anywhere though. Spectracide is safe to use as a drench during flower at 7.5-15mL/Gal depending on how severe your infestation is. Just dont get any on the buds within 21 days of harvest. To guage how bad it is, count the nubmer of fliers. The fliers are the most rare life stage and if you've got a lot of them, you've got a lot living in the roots as well.

I think you can use the pyrethrin foliar spray untill you've got three weeks or so left, but I'm not at all sure about that so you are going to have to do the research yourself.

This is what you want for the roots(most important part)-
picture.php

this.

M

Movintarget

Try Organic

Try Organic

Diatomaceous Earth - Organic pest control

Household Pests:

Diatomaceous Earth is a natural, organic insect killer. Diatomaceous Earth kills by physical action and not by chemical so there is NO harm to pets or humans. The tiny hard and sharp diatoms scratch off the insects waxy coating, causing it to dehydrate.
Use Diatomaceous Earth for control of roaches, silverfish, ants, fire ants, bedbugs, lice, mites, spiders, earwigs, flies, fleas, box elder bugs, crabs(std), Pubic and hair Lice, scorpions, crickets, and many other insects. Diatomaceous Earth can be used in and around the home, yard, animal housing, etc. Sprinkle a 2 inch wide border around the foundation of your house to prevent insects from entering.

Diatomaceous Earth will not harm earthworms or beneficial soil microorganisms.

Sprinkle this in your mix & will drastically cut down population, Plus it has a host of other beneficial factors for the soil, you, & your pet.

Latest posts

Latest posts