What's new

Gnarls Barkley..Anyone Heard of Em? Do you Like Gnarls Barkley?

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
GoodbyeBlueSky said:
if i ever hear that song again i think i'll retch... another boring, 'flash in the pan', pop, crap, bs, 'artist of the week' to deal with...

at least when it was Britney or someone along those lines there was eye candy...

what ever happened to music as an art form... hello??? INNOVATION?? ORIGINALITY??? HELLO?? ANYONE... so very little of that going on today...

basically... if this song had come out... oh, let's say 20 years ago. then it would have been interesting, fresh and new... but now it just sounds like the same recycled crap... i can do without it...

But thats your problem is you dont know something new and innovative from eye candy.

I downloaded the album last night and listened to the whole thing and it is most definately new and innovative.

If it isnt then by all means find another album that sounds like it and I will concede.

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
verite ... I listened to the whole album and personally Dangermouse's older stuff is better look for his stuff ....
Dj Dangermouse & Jemini
some real good tracks on this album ....
look it up if ya like that sort a thing
Peace

Verite

Veteran
Yeah, I have already flung around to friends copies of The Grey Album.

G

GoodbyeBlueSky said:
i know there's plenty of people who don't like the music i listen to... that's okay, and they're quite a vocal bunch

emo?

GoodbyeBlueSky

I Used To Grow said:
jeeez..I'm sorry for being an a hole.

It's cool if you don't like it..I just thought it was a little harsh ya know.

yeah... uh... sorry. my tone was a bit harsh. it's not that bad... it's just that where i am it's being played every 10 minutes. can't even escape it on regular tv... ringtone commercials.

comparing it to britney was uncalled for... it's a real song, written by someone, with real music.

maybe it's one of those things you gotta be more in the mood for...

Verite

Veteran
Well not to be a nut the CD does have a couple of stinker tracks like the tune about the monsters and I would agree about not have some song jammed in your audio anus everytime a fart peeks out.

Thats why I love the local public radio in my town, about a dozen DJs who were told when they asked what to play, " Anything you want." I think I can go 3-4 weeks before hearing any tune played 2ce and they play shit you would never hear on any other station that seems to be owned by Clear Channel Communications.

http://www.cjr.org/tools/owners/clearchannel.asp

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
The gnarls album is definitely one of the most innovative disc that have come out in a while. i happen to think it's super tight. there are some great tracks on there... my favorite would be smiling faces.... when that bassline kicks in man do I wanna jump. "what would you do, what would you say....."

the only song i dont like is feng shui... for an album to come out and only have one song I dont like.... i consider that a pretty damn good album.

the lyrics and music are both top notch. it's weedhead music to me.