What's new

GMO Rules! Brew your own drugs.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"But with improvements that are well within reach, that dose could be obtained from "a glass of yeast culture grown with sugar on a windowsill,". That is a 600 fold improvement.
Like I said. let us know when you get her done. In the interim, I'm growing poppies.
1677439857740.jpeg

1677439942139.jpeg

Rider420

I still do not see the novelty as synthetic opioids have been produced since the 1920s - 30s?
They can also synthesize THC
Cost effectiveness buddy, you can brew in a week what it takes a year to grow in poppies as well as the cost of labour to harvest the end product. Plus you can do it anywhere in the world. BTW the opioid produced by the yeast is not synthetic.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cost effectiveness buddy, you can brew in a week what it takes a year to grow in poppies as well as the cost of labour to harvest the end product. Plus you can do it anywhere in the world. BTW the opioid produced by the yeast is not synthetic.
not until they perfect the efficiency. Only 30 mg from 300 liters of raw product. I get 30 mg from the pod in the photo. It takes 3 to 4 months to grow and 5 seconds to harvest. I do not collect the sap - neither do morphine pharmaceutical companies.

Rider420

not until they perfect the efficiency. Only 30 mg from 300 liters of raw product. I get 30 mg from the pod in the photo. It takes 3 to 4 months to grow and 5 seconds to harvest. I do not collect the sap - neither do morphine pharmaceutical companies.
Why would pharmaceutical companies be interested in producing opioids when fentanyl is so much cheaper to produce?

The process described in Nature Chemical Biology is inefficient, requiring 300 liters of genetically engineered yeast to produce a single 30 milligram dose of morphine.

But with improvements that are well within reach, that dose could be obtained from "a glass of yeast culture grown with sugar on a windowsill," Dr. Voight said.

Entrepreneurs have improved it.

;)

Rider420

Hope you don't get caught buddy like my aunt did. BTW I'm not telling you what to do or how to do it.

How do you process your seed pods?
"The seedpod is first incised with a multi-bladed tool. This lets the opium “gum” ooze out. The semi-dried "gum" is harvested with a curved spatula and then dried in open wooden boxes. The dried opium resin is placed in bags or rolled into balls for sale."

Last edited:

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hope you don't get caught buddy like my aunt did. BTW I'm not telling you what to do or how to do it.

How do you process your seed pods?
"The seedpod is first incised with a multi-bladed tool. This lets the opium “gum” ooze out. The semi-dried "gum" is harvested with a curved spatula and then dried in open wooden boxes. The dried opium resin is placed in bags or rolled into balls for sale."
That process is a waste of time. I process the same as the pharma companies do. When senescence sets in, the seeds mature and the pod dries. I cut the pod from the plant, cut it open to get the seeds, crush and store in a container. To use I either crush further or better yet run it in the Ninja for 2 seconds and steep as a tea for 15 to 30 minutes, then drink. I've had heroin addicts find it very satisfactory.

If I want to produce opium, I use more pods in boiling hot water and heat slowly after, until the black/brown opium remains. If I wanted to produce black tar heroin, I'd 'cook' the opium with acetic acid. (to make stronger tea add a teaspoon of grapefruit juice)

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why would pharmaceutical companies be interested in producing opioids when fentanyl is so much cheaper to produce?
Just in case you still do not realize, fentanyl is an opioid. Morphine, opium, heroin and codeine are opiates. Fentanyl is a fast acting mu agonist and has a very short half-life. This is one reason it is so addictive.
Morphine has a much longer half-life and one dose can last all day. Heroin, almost.
I noticed the misuse by the authors of the papers, referring incorrectly to opiates. The opiates are classed as opioids but non-plant produced molecules are not referred to as opiates. It is akin to calling THC, cannabis.

I can attest to the anecdotal fact that morphine is a much better analgesic than fentanyl and poppy tea is much better than morphine. Perhaps it is because it contains thebaine, morphine, noscapine, papaverine, oripavine and other water soluble alkaloids. BTW noscapine is a powerful anti-cancer agent. The tea helps immensely with flu and other maladies.

Rider420

I still do not see the novelty as synthetic opioids have been produced since the 1920s - 30s?
Have your thought about the people who live in cities and places where they can't grow poppies? For them the only safe source of organic opioids is brewing thier own. The death toll from synthetic opioids are in the thousands its just so sad eh.

St. Phatty

Like I said. let us know when you get her done. In the interim, I'm growing poppies.
View attachment 18814139
View attachment 18814140

I applaud your efforts, and I welcome the free exchange of information.

But ... the one Opium prosecution that I am aware of, the guy had an Acre, in the US.

He's doing 10 to 20.

And, he was fined $180 Million for his 43,560 square feet of Opium plants.

About $4000 per square foot.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I applaud your efforts, and I welcome the free exchange of information.

But ... the one Opium prosecution that I am aware of, the guy had an Acre, in the US.

He's doing 10 to 20.

And, he was fined $180 Million for his 43,560 square feet of Opium plants.

About $4000 per square foot.
You can purchase the dried poppies legally in the US and Canada so long as they are cultivated and marketed as ornamental. There is a farm in BC growing large quantities and there are at least 2 growers in Texas. When in Florida I bought from one of the Texas growers.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just as what happened with cannabis, civil disobedience is required to free this plant and educate opiate addicts regarding its use in a tea. It is a good tool for reducing and eliminating the use of heroin and opioids. The chances of overdose are minimal. Mother earth has given us many curative and healing plants but we keep insisting on improving on them and regulating them in the name of money.

St. Phatty

Just as what happened with cannabis, civil disobedience is required to free this plant and educate opiate addicts regarding its use in a tea. It is a good tool for reducing and eliminating the use of heroin and opioids. The chances of overdose are minimal. Mother earth has given us many curative and healing plants but we keep insisting on improving on them and regulating them in the name of money.

If American biotech was so great, London sewers wouldn't be so full of Cocaine.

Nature's Medicines (Cannabis, Cocaine, Opium) >>> American Biotech Shit.

jamrock90

Hi all I am new and would like to embark on growing poppies, I was wondering if there is a guide? Can someone help me? Thanks in advance