What's new

GM/Segway new car PUMA

madrecinco

Veteran
WOW I love the new 2 seater small car coming out with GM and Segway joining forces it and goes 35 MPH and is covered and I want one!!!!

Someone post it so we can see it....I am not good at that. P.U.M.A.

Cool auto coming out next year. I MUST HAVE IT!

iGro4Me

The Hopeful Protagonist
Veteran
segway.jpg

This one Madre ?

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I wouldn't want to be a traffic accident in one of those. Even a small hatchbatch would destroy it.

K

KMK0420

"Amsterdam Police tell us the man flew 403 feet in his segway vehicle after colliding with a passing bike"

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'd only drive/ride in one of those things
if it were allowed in the bicycle lane.......

segway.jpg

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
The old flaw with the segways.....when power went out unexpectedly, the giro stopped spinning and the balance was lost............

I hope that windshield is soft..........
faceplant in a faux-car anyone?

I see it has emrgency balance type wheels on the front and back........but what happens when any one in a normal car bumps you just a little too hard?

madrecinco

Veteran
I think it is safer than the stand up Segway....but seriously I have been looking into personal transport vehicles to toodle around my very densly populated area. I can literally get everything I need in life near my place. Plus the whole town is surrounded by beaches and horrible traffic. But I will be watching it for pricing and saftey. I am watching the Smart Car also and many are showing up in this area. A one year waiting list for it at this time and $15,000. Kia has a new ipod friendly small car coming out. I hate to buy foriegn....but no choice these days really. Pavlovian response to my OCAW tenure and still hate to buy out of America. But I am old and young people don't care about that. At least if I buy a KIA I will be supporting my two Amerasian granddaughters relatives in S. Korea.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
You could always try to shop around for an old sinclair C5, the company no longer produces them so you'd have to go second hand, but they are road legal.

madrecinco

Veteran
Hey I pimped my mobility cart! I have a "Save the TA TA's pink flag on it too.

Plus COEXIST! flag for all beliefs to unite as fellow loving humans!

slappyjack

Self balancing vehicles waste lots of energy just staying upright. It's a gimmick with no point in a road vehicle. Just install a 3rd wheel and be done with it.

Dumb ideas like this (and the Hummer) are why GM is in trouble.

that doesnt justify making dumb vehicles that serve no real purpose

economical no, it uses power when at a stop, it uses more power in motion than a vehicle which does not have to constantly adjust wheelspeed to stay in balance.

safe no, braking requires the wheels to first accelerate to move the CG behind the wheels...prolonging braking period....NO GOOD for emergency braking whatsoever

this vehicle has been in development for more than a year, it has nothing to do with the bailout, working for us, or anything other than GM trying to put a new face on for the public.

If the auto industry wanted to do something proactive, a hybrid or electric motorcycle would be it. For an enclosed vehicle, a hybrid or electric trike like the T-Rex.

The American auto industry doesnt work for us anymore, they worked for us when they were not making money. We were telling them that we didnt like the vehicles they were producing by not giving them money. The government circumvented our buying power with the bailouts. Want to explain how they are working for us MORE now then they were before?

The American auto industry has been following in the footsteps of the foreign manufactures for a long time now. For over the past decade we have tried to duplicate their new-model turn around time and quality control, but we have barely even came close. A bailout isnt going to change that.

NOKUY

Veteran
get the "simulated" oak woodgrain trim option....

...then they can just bury u in it.... a casket and a whip (2 fer 1)

madrecinco

Veteran
Cute...but would tip over with a 90 degree turn. I looked at something similar recently for $4000 used. but it had 2 wheels in front and one in back. No cover though. Gotta keep my hairdo nice ya know....

Can't have sex on the beach in it either.....te he