What's new

Glucose/sucrose/Fructose in hydro?

Colo-mmj

Don't listen to GF-Z - mollases will gum up your pumps. Get a carb additive that is made for hydro (hydro honey / liquid carbo load)

So one biological detail comes to mind for me.

There are many bacteria which metabolize complex carbs in exactly the forms you are talking about. Obviously it would take much more specific microbiological research, but it would cetainly be possible to add types of microbes which would catabolize these large molecules into byproducts which certainly could be used by the plant. If you are very into making your own nutes, this might be an option for approaching the situation.

Maybe, just a thought.

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't listen to GF-Z - mollases will gum up your pumps. Get a carb additive that is made for hydro (hydro honey / liquid carbo load)

Carbo load (liquid) from AN clog everything in my rdwc setup, using only phosphoric acid and dutch formula nutes line.....

if you run a proper biofilter then rotting matter in the system is less of a concern. beneficial microbes break it down, proper aeration keeps everything disease free. Also a biofilter will help stabalize ph.

cyat

Veteran
if you run a proper biofilter then rotting matter in the system is less of a concern. beneficial microbes break it down, proper aeration keeps everything disease free. Also a biofilter will help stabalize ph.

huh, I never had such good luck with biofilters. sugars or nutes with em would gunk up my biofilter fast so bad that it wouldnt spin.

D

dramamine

keep in mind sugar is great for breaking down salts, so that is totally an added bonus, peace, mm

I was thinking of this, too. Isn't Drip Clean made of glucose? Does something like molasses break down/inhibit salt crystals formation just as well? If anyone has any insight into this, it would be interesting..

T

the med man

if you read the "clearex" bottle from growtek or one of those co's, listed on the ingredients is sucrose/glucose/ my memory is horrible, but that is all 99% of 99% of"flushing" agents are; sugars,

drip clean is like ph down mixed with another substance, i forget now, sorry, but def not sugar, mm

motajardinero

So I've been adding fructose to various systems for sometime now. Started using it at about 40g/180 L of recirculating rez water attached to a Dutch (Bato) bucket system. Began using it at 4 weeks. I Was not using a bio filter, just lots of pumps and stones (30LPM of air pumps per 180L) and the waterfall action of the reicirc. Had biofilm growing but there was no stinking, despite using Budswell type teas, PureBlendPro bloom, etc. Produced healthy yields and amazing flavored flowers, extra sappy and sharper taste.
- Move to now -
Recently tried modifying a sterile setup (3 gal fabric pots, Atami Coir, 4 ladies per fixture, GHFLora, Dutchmaster Zone sterilizer) with a dose of Budswell (1 L per 120 L) and fructose (~40g/120L). Results: White bio slime overnight with high froth, with an earthy, babbling brook type smell. Fed this rez for 3 days, noticable (6.2-7.0) raise in ph with apparently a steep drop (1.8-1.2) drop in EC. No negative effects noticeable after 6 days of treatment.

Questions: Is fructose a simple enough sugar for the plant to uptake VIA ATP?

I suppose the bacteria metabolized the nutrient in the solution thus the drop in
EC?

Any body have an idea of the genus or identifying nomenclature of this bacteria
so i may study it more?

Latest posts

Latest posts