What's new

Give me some good points in favour of legalising weed

Slee

I am writing a paper with all the advantages of weed which i am going to submit to my local politician.

I was hoping someone could post everything FOR legalising weed.

On top of all the good points, i am planning to contact several university professors and have them write a memo on what weed can really do as well

:dance013:

Aardwolf

All current evidence towards marijuana being somewhat unhealthy is all taken out of context and all research leading towards the plant being harmful is false.

There is little evidence that exists that proves cannabis is not for consumption.

What ever negative evidence exists towards cannabis the particular argument is usually out of context and could be turned around and presented back to the party pushing this evidence as un-true, most people don't understand what is being said or how what is being told it is incorrect.

LEF

Veteran
well

we can take a look at the netherlands, where marijuana is available to buy in coffeshops.. where much less underage people smoke
compared to the united states, which has some of the most underage smokers

marijuana (and hard drugs) are often much easier to buy then alcohol in places where marijuana is illegal

high penalties for marijuana often lead to high prices
high prices in marijuana and high penalties lead to lower prices for hard drugs

you can talk abouit the medical benefits
-protecting cells from alcohol damage
-high thc bud lowers testosterone, calms down schizophrenics

you can talk about organized crime getting a piece of the pie, and then exchanging the profits for hard drugs and guns, money grows on cannabis plants

you can talk about the distrust this builds towards the government
the alienation of the people (marginalization, is that a word ?)

sending people to prison is like sending them to crime school (not in all cases... but often)

A

acridlab

it helped me beat opioid dependence.. was severely addicted for over 10 years, tried n/a a/a, all that b.s.. nothing worked, not jail, not family/ friends…. I've been off that shit for 8 years now,, thanks to cannabis

OrganicBuds

Veteran
look into things people "say" are reasons for pot being bad. Then look into California that has legal med pot since 1996 and Colorado and Washington. For example, people say legalizing pot will cause more car accidents. Go to these states and look into the actual stats since legalization. That would be a great start. You will find the numbers don't back the normal anti pot rederick.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
you can talk abouit the medical benefits
-protecting cells from alcohol damage
-high thc bud lowers testosterone, calms down schizophrenics
Actually... that's CBD that both protects and calms. THC increases psychosis in schizophrenics.

Other than that... excellent stuff :tiphat:

Should you be able to get the point across that 99% of all cannabis studies are fundamentally flawed... from a logical scientific point of view, much less a realistic and unbiased point of view.

You could take nearly any study done with cannabis and substitute any other substance and the study would fail on the way it was designed and conducted... not the substance it actually studied. You would fail college if you set up studies that way with such broad assumptions and fallacies as facts.

Point out there there isn't a single study on "Psychosis and Cannabis" that's been done scientifically. Show me a study where they took 200 or 2000 people who have NEVER had exposure to cannabis in their lives and tested them for psychosis?
That same study would have to treat these people with cannabis daily for several years and then RE-TEST them for psychosis.

THAT would be a valid study. Ever other study out there is a project of self masturbation to prove some pet angle or some agenda. If you set up an experiment like that in college chemistry class you'd get a pretty rash lecture in basic logic and the scientific method.

Yet all those studies not only stand... they're published as fact in all the medical 'journals' for the white coats to preach from.
:laughing:

And people say they're not sheep? :tiphat:

Health issues from cannabis are directly tied to prohibition. Without prohibition the available cannabis would be a LOT more clean and mostly free of pesticides and chemical contaminates.

There is no lung damage from vaping clean cannabis. I can actually do massive bong rips all day, all week... and not get any hint of a smoker's cough or anything. As long as I grow it CLEAN! Seems to be some esoteric information though, if the generally available bud is any indication.

Lots of new info coming out about CBD... amazing studies. I'd start there.

Keep it Clean! :D

The most important reason to legalize doesn't include heating or changing the molecular structure of exogenous cannabinoids to get high, but the use of raw cannabis as a dietary supplement in the prevention of diseases. The US health care system is so screwed up that people my age will never see medicare. Dr William Courtney explains the miraculous power of eating the vegetable know as marijuana.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRLVyGfGcZs

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
send a joint with your letter, with instructions on how to smoke it for the first time, and let the truth be lived rather than told.

but don't do that, really, it's illegal :yoinks:

Slee

Alright!

I compiled a paper, 6,000 words, 17 pages, with all the juicy pro weed stuff i could get.

Now i need someone to proof read it and "master" it :)

Anyone?

Tiami

no plant should be illigal. who do we humans think we are to forbid things nature has made and was here milions of years before us.

but I doubt this is a good argument for school. good luck.

Slee

Guys, paper is ready.

4600 words, 14 pages.

We need to proof read it, pm me if you're inetersted

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Guys, paper is ready.

4600 words, 14 pages.

We need to proof read it, pm me if you're inetersted
You need more posts for pm's.

You could send it to my name at zoho.com if you like. My wife and I would be happy to help you out.

Keep it Clean! :D

DarthFader1

Veteran
Post it up on here obviously shiiieet. Even if you have to post it in multiple posts, that doesn't matter. I see no valid reason to PM it to someone, it needs to be made public.

My initial thought when i read OP was either troll or Feds itt.. But i am a cynical bastard.

Please prove me wrong OP

LEF

Veteran
first you want us to do your research for you

now you want us to proof read you

what next ?

ezak420

weed is a public health issue, not a criminal one. start truthfully informing the public on the positives (medicinal) and negatives (abuse) without prejudice or desire; just the facts (zero overdoses, ever)