What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
im with you on the spray bottles, if you find a good one it clogs or quits pumping.
@Aspen i need to get with you on building a hand held fogger
Happy New Years good luck shooting a fish

Anytime your ready Bug finding parts was hard for me because I don’t know about fittings... you can probably come up with a better design than I have... but when ever your ready...
I limited out on 6 specie last night... was a good night.. On the boat now some rich hotshot is throwing a party on his yacht supposedly has a fireworks display 3 times the size of the city has planned.... then we’re going out to the shelf find some deep water and see what we can put in the freezer tonight... love it.. when your at 160’ in the dark cold water it’s otherworldly.... Water is full of bulls right now it’s breeding season in the gulf... it’s like playing dodge the schools of bull sharks... that’s a reef fisherman would love to clean out... it’s right on the shelf... so it gets wild with blood in the water...

Aspenou812

Veteran
I get this question more than you you would think..

Aspen

Can you explain me the pH drift in coco medium?

the pH increase or decrease in the medium after watering?

The EC increase or decrease while drying?

Greets & thanks

So coco has a ph of roughly 6... the numbers are highly debatable from 5.2 ph to 6.5 ph and so on... To make it simple let’s say it’s 6.0.... I’m sure different coco makers have slightly different products so there are variables... let’s say 6 and move on... You are supposed to precondition coco because Calcium drops out of cocoa first precondition with a highly biased calcium feed PH at 6.0 Cal-Mag works fine I use cal-mag and seaweed... @ 450ppm.5 6.0 ph...
Now if you water heavily and you shouldn’t at high ec levels salts will build up.. the ph should remain solid if you keep the pots damp not wet... unless those salt build ups and coco starts drying down the ph will rase in the root zone... the only way to test that and have real numbers if to use a digital media ph meter and test two hours after watering it takes two hours for a pot of coco to fully drain... at that point the air to water ratios are perfect that’s when you test... there are other ways to test.. the slurry test and catching your runoff and testing that but keep in mind you’ll want real information not hints and maybe.. the digital soil ph meter reigns king for solid numbers and useable information..

Now how to fix it or better yet make the problem nonexistent...
First I feed at high ec all the time... every day 6 days a week... that’s not all the time because I give plants a low dose feed day once a week. I’ll have maybe 15 to 20 gallons in the Rez thin I’ll add Ro and water it down to just less than half the original ec and feed that for a day... this allows the plant to clear the pots of extra salts stored in the coco and the plants love it..
Second never let coco dry if you have ever seen a clone placed in dry coco you would know why... the dry coco will wick the moisture straight out of the clone or plants... the ph will climb as the pots actually began to dry as a reaction of the salts drying.. don’t let it dry below 20% moisture content the ph starts shifting at about 15% MC this is from my own testing with digital MC meters and Digital soil ph meters... knowing this I avoid drying below 30%MC and I never see the issue show it’s self...
Third a solid ph swing will help keep your pots clear of salts too... nutrient solutions are a combination of elements... these elements all prefer and have better availability at a specific pH... I swing my ph from 5.7 to 6.3
Finally if this ever happens remember we agreed that 6.0 was the normal range and also where we precondition the Coco.. so you can always flush with a low dose solution say 200 ppm.5 ph at 6.0 and correct it

Aspenou812

Veteran
I’ve been so busy in the room... lovin the work really... trying to get into flower and I’m about a week behind...

Aspenou812

Veteran
The hurryer I go the behinder I get. :dunno:

I know right... I’ll get all 40 plants in flower and hopefully flip them tonight about 1 am the lights will go out... I destroyed the bugs got them healthy and they have exploded it’s time... they are ready I’ve topped the shit out of them twice.. removing the top about 8 inches... so back to it..

Aspenou812

Veteran
I don’t really know if my math worked out right.. I wanted to double my 15 plants.. um that would have been a lot more work but somehow it didn’t work out that way.. I am going to end up with around 40 plants to flower... fuck how the hell am I supposed to trim all this?? I haven’t got that far yet but I’m gonna flower them anyhow...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hey Aspen,

Nice to see you back in the game in a big way. Keep up the good work, it will all pay off in the end.

It better pay off cause I’m a broke ass bitch... Lmfao Me and my girls are pouring hours and hours into the grow... It’s what we need to be doing... 45 hours between us last night alone fogging and re topping the plants and we cleaned the trays and worked on setting the room up... Fuck I love being a grower...

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Happy New Year Aspen!

Best vibes for your grow, it sounds like a donkey of a grow! Growing with friends is the best though!

160' down in the dark?? Sharks?? Blood in the water? Um negative Ghost Rider, im gonna just say no to that lol

You are way more of a bad ass human than I! Be safe out..um..down there!

packerfan79

Veteran
It better pay off cause I’m a broke ass bitch... Lmfao Me and my girls are pouring hours and hours into the grow... It’s what we need to be doing... 45 hours between us last night alone fogging and re topping the plants and we cleaned the trays and worked on setting the room up... Fuck I love being a grower...

Well Aspen,

You got a lot of people rooting for you. You know what needs to be done. After a decade of growing I still love it.

Keep up the hard work and it will all pay off in the end.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I’ve gone form nothing left in the garden at the beginning of October to having 10 beautiful Mothers going... and 40 plants in flower... 2020 was rough... last few years have been to be honest.. I haven’t had a harvest for 11 months but that’s all about to change... I’ll be harvesting 10 weeks from now and I can’t wait!!! I have the room all set up and everything is working... all my Scrogs are strung and tensioned... I’m waiting a Day or two longer to flip because we just topped everything.. I have plenty of tops to work with too... 16 to 18 pounds is what I’m looking for having pulled 8.5 on Average off 15 plants the last few rounds in flower.. back in October I couldn’t see this happening at all... I literally threw myself and all my efforts at this grow the last two months... I’m not where I should be yet with the grow but I have hope and know I’m about where I need to be for size... few more lights couple more trays and growing and flipping will get easy.. I love this... after Covid growing is all I have left for the moment.. I’m not looking at a good season on the water but hopefully it will be better this year.. I’m so relieved it be propped up on the wall of the flower room looking over 40 plants.. seeing all of this means I’m gonna be alright in about 12 weeks... that’s a load off my shoulders... so glad I’m a grower and so very thankful to everyone who helped me get here... thanks everyone for being so awesome... I really appreciate all of my grower friends... this wouldn’t be possible without all of you...

Aspenou812

Veteran
Happy New Year Aspen!

Best vibes for your grow, it sounds like a donkey of a grow! Growing with friends is the best though!

160' down in the dark?? Sharks?? Blood in the water? Um negative Ghost Rider, im gonna just say no to that lol

You are way more of a bad ass human than I! Be safe out..um..down there!

Lol The JUICE is most Definitely WORTH the SQUEEZE
Life on the water is different that’s for sure... There is nothing to fear though... the water is So full of Life... thousands of species cohabitating a single continuous body of water it’s just wonderful

eyesdownchronic

I’ve gone form nothing left in the garden at the beginning of October to having 10 beautiful Mothers going... and 40 plants in flower... 2020 was rough... last few years have been to be honest.. I haven’t had a harvest for 11 months but that’s all about to change... I’ll be harvesting 10 weeks from now and I can’t wait!!! I have the room all set up and everything is working... all my Scrogs are strung and tensioned... I’m waiting a Day or two longer to flip because we just topped everything.. I have plenty of tops to work with too... 16 to 18 pounds is what I’m looking for having pulled 8.5 on Average off 15 plants the last few rounds in flower.. back in October I couldn’t see this happening at all... I literally threw myself and all my efforts at this grow the last two months... I’m not where I should be yet with the grow but I have hope and know I’m about where I need to be for size... few more lights couple more trays and growing and flipping will get easy.. I love this... after Covid growing is all I have left for the moment.. I’m not looking at a good season on the water but hopefully it will be better this year.. I’m so relieved it be propped up on the wall of the flower room looking over 40 plants.. seeing all of this means I’m gonna be alright in about 12 weeks... that’s a load off my shoulders... so glad I’m a grower and so very thankful to everyone who helped me get here... thanks everyone for being so awesome... I really appreciate all of my grower friends... this wouldn’t be possible without all of you...

best of luck to you

Aspenou812

Veteran
It’s so freaking cold on this boat today about 43 and I’m freezing.. I’m all bundled up letting autopilot pilot the boat @ 67 mph freezing and holding on for dear life here at the moment in about 30 minutes I’ll be in Venice La.. Having my boat repowered Basically new engines from 7Marine and 7 marine just shut there doors.. so it’s the last 4 I’ll have I’ve come with 4 557’s and I’m leaving with 4 627’s only two operational at a time.. the other two are strapped to the aft deck... in 3 years I’ll sell these and go back to quad Yamaha’s v8’s and that will be a free repower the 7 marine imagines cost so much used will bring what new Yamaha’s cost... freezing sucks... lol it’s not all sunshine and good times cause this ain’t fun at all.. I gotta go I see some whales.. like real ones in the water and I can’t hit them... Cause I already sold the engines I’m running on now

Aspenou812

Veteran
So I’m having issues... and have been having issues my nutrients are too old and starting to go sideways on me... all I can do is all I can do so I’m having to use them.. I simply can’t afford to replace all my cutting edge solutions... I’m having to grow around this issue and it’s working so far.. fuck I’ve only had these a year but no telling how long they sat in the warehouse... all 6 gallon containers too so it just plain sucks... maybe time to go back to powders maybe flora flex

eyesdownchronic

So I’m having issues... and have been having issues my nutrients are too old and starting to go sideways on me... all I can do is all I can do so I’m having to use them.. I simply can’t afford to replace all my cutting edge solutions... I’m having to grow around this issue and it’s working so far.. fuck I’ve only had these a year but no telling how long they sat in the warehouse... all 6 gallon containers too so it just plain sucks... maybe time to go back to powders maybe flora flex
Soluble salts are a lot cheaper ...

Latest posts

Latest posts