What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
Woot Woot fancy dinner tonight at the best Steakhouse in Tallahassee... The peach Margaritas are killing me....

Aspenou812

Veteran
Flora Flex... I love the addition of the pot toppers... They drain slow and keep the water from pouring out of the holes along the sides of my Airpots... The have increments marked inside the topper and make feeding eaquil amounts easy... Keeping the holes clear of rootmas is a pain... Any ideas??

Old Toker

Looking great Aspen!:tiphat:

Planning my first scrog grow and I hope to get results half as good as yours.

I'll be growing a pure sativa and I'm not sure of when to switch to flowering. When the screen(24"x30") is half full? Before putting the screen on....but after the plant has been topped (several times) and is in the final (5 gal air pot)? I have 7+ feet of height but I hope not to need all of it. Any suggestions, or is it completely strain dependent and I just need to try a few different options?

Again GREAT grow! i really enjoy following your progress.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Looking great Aspen!:tiphat:

Planning my first scrog grow and I hope to get results half as good as yours.

I'll be growing a pure sativa and I'm not sure of when to switch to flowering. When the screen(24"x30") is half full? Before putting the screen on....but after the plant has been topped (several times) and is in the final (5 gal air pot)? I have 7+ feet of height but I hope not to need all of it. Any suggestions, or is it completely strain dependent and I just need to try a few different options?

Again GREAT grow! i really enjoy following your progress.

Growing the perfect crop given your space is what its all about... Humm how to fill a Scrog... I'm good at that shit... OK
First off... Your airpot is a foot tall and you have a lanky plant... It all starts in Veg the training and shaping... All my plants have between 20 and 26 tops... I have a few questions to sort out before I continue... First your light is important... And will tell me how tall your plants will be... What's your space... How is your air movement... Scrogs Espically FULL SCROGS Have to have enough ventilation to prevent mold.... How high is your first layer of Scrog... Fill in these holes for me and ill gladly continue....:peacock:

Old Toker

..First your light is important... And will tell me how tall your plants will be...
Not purchased yet....still in the planning stages. Last grow (2+ yrs ago) was a vertical with an 860w CDM in a 5x5 tent. 8 sativas that just got completely away from me. Fortunately they produced MORE than enough for my needs. However my supply is getting old....and the internal need to grow again is forcing me to plan my new, much smaller and simpler grow.

Planning on using a 300-400w LED. Still uncertain which one ....but I'm only growing for myself and I don't need to max out my grams per watts number. Hopefully cooler temps and less power= only slightly less production.
What's your space... How is your air movement...
Unused shower stall (24"x30") in an unused second floor bath in an unused bedroom. Separate AC/heat control. Was planning on a 6" fan/can with a DC motor for variable speed. Also have an excellent dehumidifier. Thought I'd vent (though the fan/can) into the spare bedroom (lung room). Use it for the return air also. I have a separate 8" fan/can for that space and may vent that out through the return AC vents. Unlike my last home (in your area of the country)....I have neighbors very close to both sides of my house....and security is very important to me. Although I do wonder what the hell they would actually do to some old guy growing a plant for his own needs. But....I digress.
Scrogs Espically FULL SCROGS Have to have enough ventilation to prevent mold.... How high is your first layer of Scrog...
Uncertain the height....still in the planning and equipment acquisition phase. Which admittedly I enjoy almost as much as growing. The height for my shower stall is 84".

Thanks again for any advice!:tiphat:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Not purchased yet....still in the planning stages. Last grow (2+ yrs ago) was a vertical with an 860w CDM in a 5x5 tent. 8 sativas that just got completely away from me. Fortunately they produced MORE than enough for my needs. However my supply is getting old....and the internal need to grow again is forcing me to plan my new, much smaller and simpler grow.

Planning on using a 300-400w LED. Still uncertain which one ....but I'm only growing for myself and I don't need to max out my grams per watts number. Hopefully cooler temps and less power= only slightly less production.
Unused shower stall (24"x30") in an unused second floor bath in an unused bedroom. Separate AC/heat control. Was planning on a 6" fan/can with a DC motor for variable speed. Also have an excellent dehumidifier. Thought I'd vent (though the fan/can) into the spare bedroom (lung room). Use it for the return air also. I have a separate 8" fan/can for that space and may vent that out through the return AC vents. Unlike my last home (in your area of the country)....I have neighbors very close to both sides of my house....and security is very important to me. Although I do wonder what the hell they would actually do to some old guy growing a plant for his own needs. But....I digress.
Uncertain the height....still in the planning and equipment acquisition phase. Which admittedly I enjoy almost as much as growing. The height for my shower stall is 84".

Thanks again for any advice!:tiphat:

If you prefer Sativa's I would recommend an HLG 600Dyi... The led will keep your plants shorter... And won't give you heat issues...
For smells you can use a Phresh Filter and an ozone generator... If you treet all the expelled air with ozone and elenamate all sents in the air... After that your expelled air will smell like it dose after a rain... You can install the ozone generator in line so you can avoid the health risk.. Let me know as you go and we will get that scrog filled...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you can get Growers Choice Master Pursuit I would recommend these any day.. These are what I use..These are new they offer 500w Single and 500w dual fixtures. I use there Dual. They also offer there old CMH 315w and 630w fixtures. I used these until I upgraded to Master Pursuit. That old CDM 860w is outdated. Still a good light. Here is a vid on there single 315w. More efficient than MH AND HPS.

[youtubeif]7s4EkY2j4JE[/youtubeif]

Here is there Master pursuit dual 500w.

Attachments

• MP6_1000x.jpg
    MP6_1000x.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
If you can get Growers Choice Master Pursuit I would recommend these any day.. These are what I use..These are new they offer 500w Single and 500w dual fixtures. I use there Dual. They also offer there old CMH 315w and 630w fixtures. I used these until I upgraded to Master Pursuit. That old CDM 860w is outdated. Still a good light. Here is a vid on there single 315w. More efficient than MH AND HPS.

[youtubeif]7s4EkY2j4JE[/youtubeif]

Here is there Master pursuit dual 500w.

Hammer... During my expansion I would like to hang 1 1000w CMH single bulb lights vertical... In the center of 4 hlg550 running flat...
I can get the DE vertical reflector from growers house.... What bulb would you recomend and ballast? The improvment in spectrum when mixed is without question IMHO... If plasma lights had the output I would be considering them as a viable option...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is no 1kw single ended I know of. Only the 860w are still available. All of the current CMH bulbs are DE or PGZ.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Put a bare 315 in the middle hanging even with the best tops, everything within 3’ of it will be the best in the room.