What's new

Girlfriend tried but it just doesn't work, strain suggestions please

JointOperation

So the first thing that comes to mind when I'm choosing a strain is if I liked the rappers who rapped about it. Thats of course the most important aspect of any strain, proven by many years of forum scientas. I would say Girl Scout Cookies is your best bet, Cali Connection has a really nice, super legit Girl Scout Cookies.

says the guy that believes OG stands for OCEAN GROWN lol.

that's the dumbest advice ive seen.. lol. girl scout cookies for real? lol.. no fucking way..grab some real OG Kush , NL. GG4.. I mean I can go for a page .. but cali connections? really.. don't support a loser who uses others work to make money.. not to mention the NAME DROPPING HES DONE...

and really? out of all the genetics.. swerve has to offer.. you tell him to pick the shit swerve had nothing to do with creating lol.. funny ass shit..

Former Guest

edibles don't really work for me unless I consume at least a 100+mg on an empty stomach and even then it's only for back pain type ills.

vaping never seemed to work for me much, multiple dabs and I mean multiple work wonders.

interesting about the women needing 1.5 times more than men and I would have to take a guess that has something to do with the differences in body fat percentages and tolerance.

before I was medical, I felt like pot only worked if I got the couch lock stone and the cerebral energetic stone was not what I associated with getting high and believed the pot was not good. it made me very anxious and racy. if she doesn't like the relaxed drunker feelings then sativa is probably better for her. I've never smoked a ruderalis type before but would think that could be it.

and lastly, when I was taking Wellbutrin which effects dopamine levels so they don't increase, I felt like I couldn't get high. I took this drug for several months and then switched to something else and at that time, I got much more high without changing anything. I think brain chemistry is significant after my experience for how someone will react and which strains they tend to go for.

I feel kinda bad for her because she's trying all this pot even if it makes her feel bad. she must like you a lot.

JointOperation

just saying lol. and thats wierd.. lol. edibles wreck me if there made with good stuff. and decarbed properly .. alot of people go WAY OVER TEMPS.. and turn it into sleeping edibles..

if u decarb some bho. it shoudl fuck you up.. lol.. and o ya.. ibuprofen and a bunch of other over the counter drugs and prescription drugs will affect the way you feel weed.. ibuprofen actually makes it harder to get high .

mjg132

Have you got her to snort a joint ? In Brazil its common,i do it all the time,if its too ' crackhead' for ya,get the bottle bags ready.Ive read girlies love the blueberry and lavender smokes,if she enjoys it then she can at least have that,i dont know what the strongest blue/lav is. Good luck :)

So the first thing that comes to mind when I'm choosing a strain is if I liked the rappers who rapped about it. Thats of course the most important aspect of any strain, proven by many years of forum scientas. I would say Girl Scout Cookies is your best bet, Cali Connection has a really nice, super legit Girl Scout Cookies.

i hope this is satire man lol

St. Phatty

Now that would be interesting, starting smoking when you have access to today's strains.

My first Cannabis was Mersh from Mexico, that made its way to the New York area.

It wasn't potent, but it was potent enough.

But that was many years ago ! :tiphat:

The strain that came to mind when I saw this thead was Romulan.

Next Gen sells a Romulan, I am about to find out if it is anything like THE Romulan.

I'm not sure why she's not getting high. I wonder if some of the Women ICMag members could shed some light.

I think Subcool's wife Jill likes Jilly Bean. Jilly Bean might be a great strain for a first time smoker, as long as they 'went slow'.

DONAJTHEIII

I'd suggest something from the newish polyhybrid strains for your girlfriend. For example, Girl Scout Cookies.
Depending where you live it is becoming widely available at dispensaries.
The seeds are also obtainable from seed banks online.
I agree with the comment above pointing out the possibility you have been smoking a ruderalis mix strain from the description provided.
A major complaint surrounding many ruderalis crosses is a mediocre potency combined with a peculiar "buzzy" feeling. I have experienced this myself and know the sensations.
All I can add is the ancient adage, " If at first you don't succeed, try,try again!"..
Keep going you two, just relax and enjoy the strain tests...

Girl Scout Cookie seeds hmmmmm i was unaware that they even had legit GSC seeds.....not that I would want them anyway lol

Yeah I didnt feel the effects of cannabis until the 4th or 5th time of usage. Then it was a done deal aha Everyone responds different like people have mentioned. I think you should get her flowers that have an appealing smell rather than a funky/skuny type you know what I mean. Like a super lemon haze is lemony... a jack herrer which smells so piney...or a fruity sweet smell like a strawberry cough.

AJAE

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My girlfriend had never before used weed in any way. She has now tried maybe 5-8 times, vaporizing and eating too, the strain has been Purple Ryder aka purple jems. For me this strain works very well, one of the nicest strains I know, but she said that she cannot feel anything special, only a little bit drunken feeling without any positive effects.

What can be the reason behind this? Is it possible that cannabis just doesn't work for her?? or is it possible that the strain is wrong for her? The fact that she feels something, though it's a negative feeling which she doesn't like tells me that she knows how to inhale from the vaporizer and she has tried eating as well. But just doesn't feel anything like I feel, which is happiness, connection, lifted mood, many new good ideas and solutions, no worries, letting go of any anger or problems in my mind and just enjoying the time together, sleeping well, eating well..

So any ideas why it is so, she said she would love to enjoy the herb if it just would work for her but she just feels strange in her head and "like drunk but nothing else".

What effect does she want? Calm, relaxed, pain decreasing? Creative, social, amorous?

And not all ruderalis hybrid strains are 'crappy'. Depends on genetics, the breeder, how it was grown, when it was harvested.

St. Phatty

Thatll make her never wanna smoke again...

I would be concerned about her inhaling too much and having a painful coughing session.

Experienced smokers get used to it, but for a newcomer the cough could be a show-stopper.

Maybe she already has enough cannabinoids in her brain & that's part of why you like her.

growingcrazy

Maybe she already has enough cannabinoids in her brain & that's part of why you like her.

I think that is how my wife is wired. You give here a good chem/og/diesel and she will keep right up. Switch it over to a strong sativa like satori or malawi and she will be in bed with her head spinning if she has too much.

Weird how that works..