What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girlfriend is demanding I open the locked door. What to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
does she sleep in the house?
is it illegal to grow where you are?

if you answered yes to these questions you have an obligation to either
A:inform her so she can decide for herself if she is willing to risk arrest.
B:dump her and keep your secret.

but if the door gets kicked in while she is there and you didnt tell her?!?!?
you become a worthless piece of shit the moment the cuffs hit her wrist.

do you really think the cops are gonna believe "i never told her,she had no idea"

if however its legal to grow and you are in compliance... you dont have to tell her shit! but then why would you hide it?

$.02

informed consent for commission of a felony...

F

feral

I would drop her if your going to continue growing. BUT!!!!!!, it needs to be done with finesse. If you piss her off who knows what can happen especially since she is so curious as to whats in the rooms already and nothing is worse than the wrath of a woman on a rampage.
Plus remember loose lips......ever wonder who she's told already about her boyfriend who keeps certain rooms locked in his house.
Dangerous game your playing dude.......Glad it's not me.
Wish you luck.

Crowmax

Veteran
I cant show her yet. I know that. We've been dating for a few months and i honestly dont think she has a clue about the pot farm in the house that she stays at 5 days a week. She just doesnt know anything about the culture and i gave up smoking so how could she. I make sure we dont watch any drug related shows either lol. Lately though shes been on my case hard about opening the doors. I have 2 rooms that i keep locked. Ive always stuck with the excuse that its just storage and i hate clutter so i keep the rooms locked so i dont have to see the junk everyday. Shes either bought that or just doesnt want to know because shes afraid what it might be. But lately she wont quit. Im gonna have to get a second place to grow or quit or tell her soon i know but until this next harvest is finished i have to keep her at bay and come up with an excuse. Any suggestions or insight would be appreciated. I definitely cant tell her. The trust just isn't there yet. So what I am thinking is saying that i wasn't honest with her and that i actually rent those two rooms out to a friend for storage and he keeps the keys. I mean im in a tough spot because i hate lying, but the money and lifestyle are too good to quit growing and the friendship and sex are too good quit the relationship.

Bro my advice is that if you trust her living at your house 5 days per week you should trust her with your little secret also.
When my relationship is going serious and i know i have a mature person in front of me, i definitely tell it so the person knows how i am and accept me like that or reject me and both of us can move on.
I don't think your girlfriend is going to nail you to the cops or something, that would be really immature.

But if your girlfriend is like 17 years old and you think she can't keep a secret for herself, or anything that would lead you to legal or social trouble then just end your relationship with her and move on to the next one.

BTW how long you 2 have been together?

:tiphat:

Panama Red

If you're gonna tell her you've got to have 3 things lined up before-hand.

A car with a nice, roomy trunk.

A really good friend who can lift 100+ pounds. (bonus points if he's blind/deaf)

A shovel.

Good luck.......

Tell her you're renting the room to a buddy and as per your renters policy you can't enter the room unless the house is burning down !

I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her. If she doesn't smoke, most likely she may not be open to your side business. Good way to go to jail; quickly....

jump /injack

Veteran
The first thing they do is rat you out when you piss them off. How much time will you do if she drops the dime? What state are you in and how many plants? If your over 100 its federal and 10 years, you've got to ask yourself a question, is she that good? 1/2 of the guys in the joint are there because they couldn't keep their mouths shut.

Some good advice in here. Just to make sure.. Is telling her i rent the rooms out my best option if i want to keep both the weed and the girl in my life for the time being. I know i cant do it forever but for right now is this my best option? Anyone see any issues with saying this? Or should i just say i cant find the keys and i dont care because theres no room in there?

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems like its gonna be bone of contention ,until you make a decision.Only you know what type of person she is and how liberal or accepting.I would just flat out tell her,if you think she can get upset but not get you in trouble.

Or you could just finnish ,and shut down temporarily.Clear everything out,which would be a real pain.Or if your pretty sure it would end very badly ,tell her to bounce......

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Why cant you do it forever? Find the right chick and things wont be an issue. I promise!
A buddy of mine just got out of jail....two freaking years for growing a little grow. His ex wife called the cops on him with suspicion. They raid his garage only and find his not so stealth setup and off to jail he goes.....all because a woman scorned. Be very careful my friend with who knows. I like the idea of telling her it's rented and she need not worry about it....but if you're already hiding things from her this early, who knows what she could be hiding from you. Best of luck!

supermanlives

Veteran
its easier to replace her than set up another grow.tell her its your damn house. or tell her your a freak and its an s&m chamber

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
If you don't trust her after 5 months its time for her to go, or perhaps you should try trusting? My wife and I got high the day we met been together ever since, and have been married for 21 years. So trust or not trust its your call. But being around som one you don't trust has to suck.

Z

zen_trikester

Wow... quite the dilemma! You know this isn't going to work as it is, and it was a mistake to get yourself into this situation. It certainly is not right to be putting her at risk... you don't do that to people you care about! If she can't be cool with your grow, then she isn't the girl for you unless you stop growing. For now, you are going to have to pick one or the other unless you come clean with her. Personally, as long as I was confident that she wouldn't immediately go off and tell anyone, and if I had hopes of it working out with her, I would tell her what is going on without showing her. Explain it is best she not be a part of it and it is a grow for a friend who is sick. Tell her it will be gone after the harvest, and then pull the op down. Or, pull it down and then tell her if you can put her off that long. Pulling it down and not telling her is only going to make her question it more. After a few months revisit the situation and start over being honest about it. If it doesn't work out with her, then that is that and back to plan a. I think you need to get this in the open asap, or kick her out the door.

That imho is the only way to salvage your relationship with her at this point. If it was a friends stuff in there you would have told her that in the first place. An obvious lie will keep her suspicious and she might jump to conclusions over and above weed! Not to many people freak THAT hard about weed, but if she starts thinking dead bodies or bombs she may go right to the cops.

If you own the property and ultimately want to continue using it for a grow you may want to do something to make the rooms less obvious, like drywalling over doorways and working out a hidden access. Who wouldn't be curious about a door that is always locked?

My $.02

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
I dont think i could ever tell her unless i put a ring on her finger or possibly have a kid with her. She a good girl and im no spring chicken nor have i had much luck finding good ones in the past. To all the people suggesting that i just drop her, i say... i wish it was that easy. I wish I could go back to being single but im pretty sure id be miserable.

The answer to your dilemma is actually pretty simple if you step back and take an objective look at the situation...

Man you already said it: Either put a ring on her hand or get rid of the issue.
I think that you are at least considering a LTR with your girl, just an intuition I get from your statements. So either shit or get off the pot.

Look if you trust her enough to marry her then you trust her enough to be honest. If not then move on.

The "demanding" or ultimatum thing? Well for me that is a deal breaker, if she will give ultimatums or start demanding things now then what kind of demands will come "after" she knows about the grow?
But you gotta work that out for yourself...

I ain't slammin you or nothing, just giving my own opinion... But as I see it, it's fucked up to let her stay there without knowing the risks she is taking just being with you in public if you get busted. That's just completely chickenshit in my opinion.

Like I said before buddy:Either shit or get off the pot.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Right now you are acting just like your avatar:

You need to get some balls and start acting like my avatar:
image.php

Gooey

ya , big no no not letting her know the risks....i think you either trust her or not...show her an say i just was making sure you were trustworthy...glpeace

jack Haze

I just experienced a hideous nightmare of epic proportions regarding a girlfriend and growing. I will never tell anyone about anything again.

I'd go with the renting the rooms out story or end the relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts