What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Whadeez, don't forget about the middlemen. No big breeders sell their seeds direct. It's all through the distributors. The breeder gets about $25-50 per pack depending on who it is. Then the distributor, then the Seedbank. So really you gotta sell 35,000 packs to hit a million.

Edit for some perspective: I know for a fact that DJ short only makes 15k packs a year. Even though he gets the highest rate per pack possible, he still isn't even close to breaking a million if he sells every pack he makes. People like Arjan are who make the real money. Greenhouse produces about 250k packs a year and has a direct sale outlet in the dam. Arjan asked DJ how many packs he makes, but before he answered Arjan threw out what he thought was a small number, 60k packs...

budtang

We in America have a very narrow view of the seed industry. What you folks miss is the fact that 75% of the global market is fem seeds being purchased every season. People don't want to keep clones, they don't want to sort out males. Sad, but true.
I think that has to do with the fact that you have more new people growing now. This is a brand new industry. There is going to be a peak in it, imo. It may not have happened yet, but it's coming and when it does breeders are going to drop like flies. Their current profit margins probably won't be like that 10-20 years from now when it's legal everywhere and people are buying packs of weed cigarettes at 7-11.

budtang

the majority of big players in the seed industry are already multi-million dollar companies, they may not be ran like microsoft .
If they're not on the level of microsoft then they're not really multimillion dollar companies. These guys have made a few million, but that's hardly what we're talking about when speaking of the rise of huge seed corporations. I don't consider $5,000,000 over a 10 year time period to be that big.

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
I think that has to do with the fact that you have more new people growing now. This is a brand new industry. There is going to be a peak in it, imo. It may not have happened yet, but it's coming and when it does breeders are going to drop like flies. Their current profit margins probably won't be like that 10-20 years from now when it's legal everywhere and people are buying packs of weed cigarettes at 7-11.

No actually it is not because of that. The global trend for a long time has gone toward feminized seeds. There are giant growers all over the world that fly to the dam or UK and purchase 5000-10000 fem seeds at once every single year. If you're running a plantation, it takes too much space and man power to keep moms and make 10k clones to put out

budtang

No actually it is not because of that. The global trend for a long time has gone toward feminized seeds.
The industry has been increasing in the number of growers during that entire time. Specifically, the number of outdoor/greenhouse growers who will actually use that many seeds.
There are giant growers all over the world that fly to the dam or UK and purchase 5000-10000 fem seeds at once every single year. If you're running a plantation, it takes too much space and man power to keep moms and make 10k clones to put out
If they're purchasing that many their probably paying a fraction of the price the rest of us pay and they profit margins aren't going to be anywhere near what you previously stated, as a result. You based that on 250K packs being sold at retail price like the rest of us pay. I highly doubt these guys are paying retail and what percentage of the 250K packs is being unloaded at that reduced price? You really think Arjan is bringing in $25,000,000 a year? The guy would be close to being a billionaire at this point. He would be worth $500,000,000. There's no way.

budtang

Arjan might be making 2.5 million seeds a year. Which adds up to 250K packs, but for him to claim he is selling 250K packs is misleading when he is unloading 10,000 seed orders in bulk at a reduced price. How many packs he is actually selling at $100/pack?

Mikenite69

Veteran
Not for nothing but Arjan's prices are very appealing to new time growers and growers who don't know.. Plus he is a marketing genius. People that look up history see greenhouse as a multiple cup winning seed maker. They aren't on the forums or realize a lot of the B.S that Arjan's spews out of his mouth or the junk genetics he puts out (except maybe his hazes) they just see the 30$ price tag for a pack of beans by the "So called king of cannabis".

budtang

Not for nothing but Arjan's prices are very appealing to new time growers and growers who don't know.. Plus he is a marketing genius.
I just don't understand who is buying this guy's stuff. I never see any of his shit anywhere. I had no idea his sales were that far beyond competitors. It's gotta be over in Europe where most of his sales are made.

Grizz

Veteran
I'm not aware of any THC % regulations currently. I don't even see how you could have regulations like that when testing methods are flawed and don't actually give you a 100% accurate representation of the THC %.

Nevada, nothing higher than 23 %,

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Haha. What a joke. They can't place with their shitty flowers in any other cups, so they make their own. Genius!

miscbrah3284

Veteran
Berner posted on IG about a cookiefam grow off or some shit that costs $1000 per grower to buy a ticket to be there lol

private party/grow thing surrounded entirely around the cookiefam line and also i think theyre gunna looking for new strains that growers bring...

just smoked some forum cookies for the first time in a while...im blazed af

Latest posts

Latest posts