What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

@the hollow

Good info. I'm going to have to hit the Center then. It's like drinking an Anchor Steam over a blue moon. Being a city boy (penninsula to the mission actually) it's just a warm feeling you get from drinking a beer brewed in SF.

Same goes for the dohjah. Having something specificly bred by native hands one must enjoy it once in there life. Funny, I started smoking in 1992 when jigga415 started breeding(from articles I've read) my dank man had the best back then. He must have been supplied by the pre cookie fam? It's that chronissuer shit. My circle of friends has diminished over the years.

Anyway , since this was about Girlscout Cookies I think it fit in this thread. Hemp Center it is.

miscbrah3284

Veteran
They're probably all bagseed Cookies and crosses of those bagseeds. Not the original. They'll have Cookie's characteristics and probably do have a legitimate genetic lineage to the original Girl Scout Cookies, but none of the knockoffs I've ever seen from different sources are as good as the original. They may look as good as the original, but that's just in visual appearance. The flavor, smell, and potency are always lacking when compared to the original, though. All of the knockoffs are like watered down Girl Scout Cookies. They're like store brand colas that try to imitate Coca Cola. It's just not the same.

Only place in the world to get real Girl Scout Cookies is from that crew in the Bay. They've got the original and they know how to grow it properly to achieve those trademark results that GSC has become famous for in recent years. Not only that, but the version of Girl Scout Cookies they have around now is stabilized and doesn't produce seeds the way the earlier versions did. That earlier version is what all these unstable bagseed knockoffs came from.

I've been getting Girl Scout Cookies directly from the source for the past 2 years. My circle of friends has only been able to find ONE SEED in that 2 year time period. The strain is a lot more stable nowadays and that should be a good indication of what you get when they finally do release seeds in the near future. You won't have to worry about a lot of hermies guys. At least, based on what I've seen.

Yea.

wow what are you talking about.....

koolkush

Veteran
How most people don't have real Girl Scout Cookies. It's not like it matters. Everyone will have it when they release seeds.

Lets see the real gsc. A lot of talk but never no show.. I think its all bs to tell you the truth but that just my opinion.

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Hey 1hrdbook might want to include a description/title and from where for those links. Many of us, like me, are wary to click on outside links. Than at least we can search for the article ourselves. Maybe post the important parts that apply to the conversation if not too long.

thanks Joe

Ya probably right Joe. I usually post from my phone. So when I think I post one thing it's usually all screwed up.

The first link is the Hightimes article "Inside Girlscout Cookies"

Second article is from Culture magazine "On the trail of 'cookies' " good reads

miscbrah3284

Veteran
What is "all bs?"

It's all over Jigga's Instagram. You can see pictures of the Cookies, his other strains, breeding, seeds, grow rooms, etc. Which, is more than I can say for most breeders on the internet.

You can see dispensary owners on his Instagram posts asking him to hook them up with his Girl Scout Cookies. There is a reason for that:

http://instagram.com/jigga415

As I said before, all these cuts floating around look like Cookies, but they don't smoke like Cookies. I'm sure some are better than others and I definitely haven't tried them all, but those cuts probably won't even be around after the seeds are released. Everybody is going to be smoking on the real deal soon.

oh ok :laughing:

forum, platinum, and animal are all way better than the thin mint....and cookiefam is hella mad their cookies doesnt win shit...im sure dna will put out some sick crosses though

miscbrah3284

Veteran
I have no idea when seeds will come out. There is a video discussing the genetic background of Cookies and Cherry Pie.

They say Girl Scout Cookies is:

F1 Durban X OG

They say Cherry Pie is:

F1 Durban X Grandaddy (Purple??? He doesn't say in the video, but I assume it's GDP.)

They say the F1 Durban is a special kind of Durban Poison that was crossed with something else. So, the Durban they use to make Cookies and Cherry Pie is a hybrid itself. They talk about Cookies 4:00 into this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwDkikbJbP8

We never liked the Cherry Pie. I never got a chance to try the Sherbert. He never specifies what males are used, or any of that. I think he is trying to keep that aspect a secret. I have seen photos of male plants on his Instagram page, though.

lolz oh man i never thought we'd see this video posted again

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Orange, purple, white..

Orange, purple, white..

hard to see any green on these cookies

tzen4Gl.jpg

Sherbet is the one I hear . Haven't tried it yet. I'll wait till it's like the old Jordan's . Buy on budget. But damn , ever since I started growing I can't help but memorize over the beauty of the plants they have bred. Not to mention that I had never imagined posting about it on a forum.

But just to show- I LOVE DOHJAH aka Ganjah aka GoodBred native brew.

This thread is the shit tho for real. BOMB

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sherbinski is a cool dude got to meet him at the SF cup, he's the one who made sherbet with a burmese kush cross. the best batches of sherbet will have heavy purple tint and a real nice smooth taste, but I've seen a lot of "fortune sherbet" that stays green and doesn't have a heavy nose…most sherbet is not some skunk hit you the face shit more mellow with a fruity ice cream kind of taste on the palette.

i can't say i agree with the way they have handled the whole backstory, discrediting other growers and cuts, but at the end of the day thats just how it is, its a competitive market here and they liken their special formulas to the trade secrets of KFC and other brands…they are some cool local folks who have SF roots in hiphop and graffiti just like me and a bunch of bay area growers, i got nothin but respect for them. some people are kind of pissy about the whole thing but why be mad? OTHER SEED COMPANIES are the ones making big profit off the fortune cookie crosses, I'm more pissed at all these whack ass forum s1 and f1 untested crap that all these new companies are pushing. i think its pretty cool that some guys from my hometown have made it into the mainstream cannabis and created a nationwide trend….CA has always been about the emerald triangle and socal OG craze so its awesome to see SF getting the recognition she deserves.

Grizz

Veteran
sherbinski is a cool dude got to meet him at the SF cup, he's the one who made sherbet with a burmese kush cross. the best batches of sherbet will have heavy purple tint and a real nice smooth taste, but I've seen a lot of "fortune sherbet" that stays green and doesn't have a heavy nose…most sherbet is not some skunk hit you the face shit more mellow with a fruity ice cream kind of taste on the palette.

i can't say i agree with the way they have handled the whole backstory, discrediting other growers and cuts, but at the end of the day thats just how it is, its a competitive market here and they liken their special formulas to the trade secrets of KFC and other brands…they are some cool local folks who have SF roots in hiphop and graffiti just like me and a bunch of bay area growers, i got nothin but respect for them. some people are kind of pissy about the whole thing but why be mad? OTHER SEED COMPANIES are the ones making big profit off the fortune cookie crosses, I'm more pissed at all these whack ass forum s1 and f1 untested crap that all these new companies are pushing. i think its pretty cool that some guys from my hometown have made it into the mainstream cannabis and created a nationwide trend….CA has always been about the emerald triangle and socal OG craze so its awesome to see SF getting the recognition she deserves.
can you imagine how chem dog felt when all the chem lines blew up and story after story and fake cut after fake cut flooded the market ? seed companys selling anything and every thing labeled chem. I am sure you feel it to the bone, its just starting for me and it hurts already