What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Yes4Prop215...Why don't you reverse an OG on to that Cherry Pie there and grow out 30 seeds? Bet you'd get something very interesting.

that thought did cross my mind....it would be going back to the drawing board... whatever male that hit CP definately did the trick first round, but there are many other studs out there and one from seed and not reversed would stabilize things a bit for future breeding..

i have a few males on deck...just gotta harvest the last of some previous stragglers, clean up shop, and throw more in...i can use both phenos of CP as well, mutant leaf and regular leaf...

Bullfrog44

Veteran
You know that if you were to take a line like PTK or DC and cross it to a polyhybrid like GSC you would completely lose the GSC right?

My counter to that is if you self a seed, that was self-ed in the first place, you are asking for trouble and lots of hermi plants.

If you cross GSC with a true breeding male then you could get something even better than GSC.

I think your odds of getting a better plant would come from cross breeding, rather than inbreeding or selfing.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
My counter to that is if you self a seed, that was self-ed in the first place, you are asking for trouble and lots of hermi plants.

It's certainly on the list of possibilities but so are a lot of other options. It's not a guarantee that if you self a selfed plant it'll spell trouble and it's too bad so many people think that. Some of the baddest cuts around came by that route, whether accidental or otherwise. Look at cobcoop's Chem91 crosses, those seem to be working out well. It's always worth the effort to see for yourself if the genetics are that good, and of course you're that interested in the result. Time and space are precious commodities.

If you cross GSC with a true breeding male then you could get something even better than GSC.
Certainly possible but like the above, no surefire guarantee. It could play out favorably both ways, that's the beauty of keeping your options open. No telling until it's tried.

I think your odds of getting a better plant would come from cross breeding, rather than inbreeding or selfing.
Better being a relative term, I think it depends on what the objective is. Reproducing GSC-like plants or outcrossing some of it's favorable traits into something else? It all depends and that'll be the fun in this, seeing where people take things from here.

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
i was confused at first but then i heard that there are 2 CP pheno's...gdp and durban...so thanks for the positive info here...and from other's.....yes4 do you know which pheno was used for the cookies?
i would love to use my TKStar on that CP....maby in due time...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
honestly dont know....maybe OGkushbreath knows which one. the GSC he posted had some fan leaves that reminded me of the mutant leaf pheno...but most GSC cuts i see people on here having look like the regular leaf CP..

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would think if one were thinking of doing seeds w this cut..one would go w selfing...as a commercial project, traditional breeding would seem pointless as the odds say...the amount of time required to bring to market reliable representation of gsc..or any stable result will far exceed the amount of time this cut stays hyped
--and doesn't anyone think its worked enough? I mean..durban...gdp..and an og right?
--and again..I ain't hating on the cut..or anyone who wants to play around with pollen chucking..but sheesh..its getting crazy..I heard a seed company has already announced a drop date and they haven't even flowered gsc yet
--just sayin folks..hope people don't get fleeced on the seeds like the folks buying the cut..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
i agree subrob some of the companies are just viewing this as cash crop for them....to release a seed date without even flowering their cuts is pretty ridiculous...people who sell seeds of this should test them first!!...if the seeds come out watered down or hermied then they arent worth a general release, (SERVER FUND)....but im curious what will happen so gonna pollen hack anyways.....doing reversals as well as using male studs from proven lines...

Do any of you find the high short lived? After smoking the gsc and animal for a few days it doesnt get me high anymore. At first it was BAM, lay me out. Now i find myself smoking a gram size doobie to the head and then taking a few hits of og to get the job done.

big twinn

Veteran
Interesting^, Haven't been smoking here long enough to notice. I will say, she is POTENT...very very potent...and will def. layout even those that have high tolerances. I wouldn't say the GSC would be too favored amongst those with low/zero tolerances, but thats subjective. Potency =9-10/10. Bag appeal is an easy 9-10/10. Super caked in frost...so much so that the purple colors can easily be lost to the thick creamy trich colors covering the bud. As for the taste, it is more complex then just girl scout cookies. I can def. taste the kushyness lingering in there as well as the gdp. Honestly, its a pretty good mix of all three in terms of taste, though I have never had durban poison by itself. smelling the jar and exhaling between the palate and nose, i get the thin mint aroma/taste...but it lingers in the background. I'd say the description of SFV OG being Fuelly/lemony funk in taste is alot more accurate to the flavor punch in the face when you smoke it compared to the thin mint taste coming from the GSC. No idea what nutes were used in growing her, so I am very excited to run her next to my other cuts, to be able to really see how she tastes after my organic treatment.
For the most part, it seems just as good as my OG in terms of potency, and bag appeal, but my OG packs a more complex flavorable punch in the face worth of taste in comparison to this batch of GSC i had. So hopefully this is an unbiased perspective, for all those that are screaming hype. I def. love this girl, there is more to her than hype, but i'll wait until i run her before judging her flavor to harshly.
Cheers
BT

loyalty7

Do any of you find the high short lived? After smoking the gsc and animal for a few days it doesnt get me high anymore. At first it was BAM, lay me out. Now i find myself smoking a gram size doobie to the head and then taking a few hits of og to get the job done.

Def agree with you after a week straight had to go back in the sour and og jars, but after the sour and og, my taste buds pulled me towards GSC and animal...then once again i get that great high.
I think thats with any strain, it happens with my favorite strains

big twinn

Veteran
Within the last hour, the GSC cut has finally made it out to the South East, got her along with a few other things in the cloner now! Cheers and Cookies everyone!

^ I thought that was ALL weeds... Thats why variety is so important.
I've been smoking on OG's for 10years and it still gets me really high everytime. I did take a break the past few years and was puffing on poodle nuts.
Its probably just me, some stains work really well with me and others dont.

Ickis

Veteran
I have a great idea. How about nobody messes around with gsc and we just grow and smoke gsc. It is brand spanking new and all the mad scientists can hardly wait to start experimental breeding with it. I love that about you guys. For real. I am the same way. But even the people that say they have it haven't flowered it out yet.

At least play with your new bikes for awhile before making a chopper out of it. LOL!!

I was talking crosses and I haven't even got one to start vegging good yet. I almost blew this one but things are moving along. I can't believe the pot gods tried to stop me from having this cut.

Y

YosemiteSam

They do no wrong mixed with another landrace or close. With a polyhybrid like gsc...well that is another story altogether.

The thing about pollen chucking with polys is that fantastic things can come. But, gsc, is a pollen chuck followed up with popping a 1000 of those seeds and finding an exceptional plant. Good luck duplicating or topping that.

Hunt down the clone and enjoy. Pollen chuck and see if you can beat it. But don't take gsc, chuck some good pollen on it and sell the seeds without going through some serious pheno hunting and then spending no telling how many generations stabilizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts