What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running 3 gal smart pots with straight canna coco at the moment but, like you, jackmayoff & Lump have inspired me to try a straight coco bed. I have a bunch of root cloth (same thing smart pots are made out of) sitting around and gonna bust the sowing machine out and make a nice 4'x8' bed liner for $0.

I agree with Lump on the hydroton. What is it actually providing? Better aeration? no. Better water retention? no. Better CEC (cation exchange capacity)? no. Coco is superior in all of these regards, so why fuck around with the little balls that you will be finding in your grow room for the next 499582374 years? You have to wash hydroton, just like you have to wash coco and hydroton costs more for volume.... my :2cents:

Yes it will be an experiment, but based off of jacks style the chow performs better because of more waterings. As far as those damn clay balls....I'm gonna keep it all in the smart pot beds and reuse it all for at least 5 runs. Handling it just once on load in should help the mess. Mayby I'll do side by side coco and chow and really see what I like better

Dorky

I agree with Lump on the hydroton. What is it actually providing? Better aeration? no. Better water retention? no. Better CEC (cation exchange capacity)? no. Coco is superior in all of these regards, so why fuck around with the little balls that you will be finding in your grow room for the next 499582374 years? You have to wash hydroton, just like you have to wash coco and hydroton costs more for volume.... my :2cents:

Better Aeration Yes. If you have proper media handling techniques you will get nice lil pockets of air and the coco will not compact.

Will chow mix another goal is less water retention. The more waterings you can do without overwater IME is faster veg growth.

nomaad

Veteran
Fungus gnats are easy to handle. Been using BTi as a prophylaxis since my first bag of storebought soil. Root aphids- not so feckin simple, though. First time I have ever heard of Root Aphids coming in bagged medium. Those always hitch rides on clones from the bay...

I aeroclone from sequestered moms, so i thought I was safe. I guess there is no hiding.

I have 30 bags of Tupur that i bought and decided not to use... glad i didn't! Now I just want to get rid of em entirely.

I am currently using 100% atami coco in mesh bottom pots in flood and drain tables. Getting two-per, no prob with the right strains. My worst results were in Tupur, but I had some straight coco in some of those pots so I only flooded once a day... Tupur probably wanted a second flood.

Sorry to fuel the off-topic chat.

Y

YosemiteSam

I have no problems blowing my nugs out to Huge sizes in Soil..It just takes a little more effort because you can't just pump them full of Potassium Nitrate to make them get fat....Well you can...Sorta..But it doesn't work as well as in a Hydro set up.....And the result is that difference in yield 98% of growers see between "Hydro" and "Soil" ......Bless..

This is my understanding also. You go with amended soil and the plant/microbes work together to produce the food the plant needs. You start adding N in the NO3 form and you in effect "force feed" the plant...like a fat kid with cake. Yea it gets big, but it gets unhealthy also.

What I find myself wondering is if you feed ions at the same rate the plant/microbes would do it...can you get taste/trichs, etc just like organic soil?

Then I wonder if hormones could not be manipulated to let the plant eat more without changing its basic makeup...bigger but not unhealthy. Or if you feed it properly, that is not excess nitrate, do you automatically get proper hormone responses allowing it to get bigger without being unhealthy. I suspect the second thought is what allows Veg to grow big, triched out buds in soil

One thing you will also notice about pumped up hydro buds...they don't come from plants vegged a long time cause the plant does not stay healthy long enough.

And I suspect trich density has a lot to do with plant health.

L

LumpStatus

I have "hydro" mothers in coco for over a year. Not sure why you think you cannot keep a hydro or synthetically fed plant healthy for extended periods, thats just not the case.

Y

YosemiteSam

You do not overfeed N...as I recall you feed relatively low EC and don't starve the root zone of O2. What I was trying to say is that if you overfeed in coco you are gonna have trouble with long term plant health...and the lighter your media the quicker that can happen. Try feeding coco daily or more and increasing your EC significantly...would those mommas still be healthy?

I am a coco grower myself...one that use to overfeed and overwater. That is party what my theory is based on.

From the pics it is pretty obvious you are an exceptional grower.

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
bla bla bla bla bla, you got some cookie pictures? ... no? ... then stfu.. we want pics!!!.Thats ALL we want, some fuckin pictures. Or something funny, related to cookie monsters or cookies of some sort. Take the dumbass drama elsewhere... wtf....??? This aint the damn infirmary! you guys are fucking this thread all up...

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
One thing you will also notice about pumped up hydro buds...they don't come from plants vegged a long time cause the plant does not stay healthy long enough.

The Fuck?

You organic guys come up with some weird shit sometimes. But this one, holy shit!!!

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Back to what this thread is about...Cookies.

Back to what this thread is about...Cookies.

Day 12

DSC09982.jpg

DSC09989.jpg

DSC09984.jpg

DSC09982.jpg

Even limo drivers know what's up with the cooks.

Up.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
haha "is that fuckin cookies??"

nomad its actually killer queen x trainwreck and it was bred by thugs in jamaica queens. il take that tupur!

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
the driver looks like arsenial hall when i play that scene out in my head lol I can just picture the privacy window gettin rolled down and the driver whippin his head back like "is that fuckin cookies?....please tell me thats some loud ass cookies!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts