What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout Cookies From the Bay

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I have NO CLUE the "origin" of the cut I have - or really how it got to me - ie chain of exchange. lmao...makes one wonder, right...

WHAT IS FRANK GROWING...hahaha...errrr - this one:

This is the "GSC" I received - and vegged for a bit in a 1/2g...

picture.php

I vegged her for a bit longer and topped and vegged:

picture.php

This is THE SAME CUT - EXACT SAME PLANT - 1 wk in flower:

picture.php

picture.php

This is the best of 10 rooted clones -FROM THE SAME PLANT - that some how got broad mites and was treated very heavily, successfully, mind you...but is recovering...hopefully. I tried to keep her healthy and true by doing this, but so much that. Gonna be a few months before I think she is environmentally healthy again and ready to give a few more cuts to try again...

picture.php

All that being said...that is to date...all I know about GSC - I only peeked in the first couple of threads, to be honest.

I sure hope it is worth all this fuss...or at least the bit of time / space it takes to run her..

I had her mid - March...I believe...??

dank.Frank

outerspace

I saw a buddy of mine the other day and he regaled a story to me from the previous night of him picking up some bud at our mutual friend's house and he got way too fucking high. He was stuck on our friend's couch with his mind racing 1000miles a minute about existentialism thoughts and whatnot. He said he was really uncomfortable and that it took him three hours to get chilled out again.

I asked him what he was smoking on and he said GSC. No wonder, me and him are used to toking bowl after bowl of some nice mids usually. Also, unbeknownst to me I arrived at our mutual friend's house right after he left and I smoked some of the GSC and I also got way too high, where I would move my hands or legs and ten seconds would go by and I would be like "oh shit I just moved my limbs this feels weird"

GSC is serious fucking bud.

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
I got it as a mother picked up 2 of them, I know of a collective in southern Cali that has the real cut and my skywalker oh cut too ;)
The plan is to spread it like wild fire.... The original

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
I managed to get my hands on the 'real deal' gsc. Got one of two to root, but she went into shock after transplant on hard to say if she is gonna make it. Regardless im glad to see she is spreading. Gonna be the only way to really confirm what cuts are what by people running them side by side. That 'ogkushbreath' cut of gsc definitely looks trippy, and a lot less lanky than the other cut.

NorCal

Veteran
LOL everyone thinks they got the real deal. I'm not gonna get into a dick measuring contest over this but I will say I've seen this stuff done and it's fire. It's hard to believe that two plants can be so similar to each other (finished) yet look completely different. Abja roots and props pix look like straight ridiculous fire too so i guess were all just gonna have to get together and smoke ourselves stupid to find out what the differences are. We can be like a cookie board of directors with secret underground meetings and we can each dress as our favorite sesame street characters.....ok umm I'm fucking ripped .....but yeah this one has thick red stems, throws all kinds of weird leafs and doesn't stretch too much. It doesn't need staking or trellis nets as of yet, By week 10 I'm sure she might. But for now she has no problem supporting her lil baby nut nuggets. She also purples up quite a bit if conditions are right.

So the one you have with the weird leaves goes 10 weeks? I haven't flowered her yet. The one that people have on the canned gsc thread seem to take it 9 weeks or earlier.

Ground Up

yes there are a few diff types of cookies.... from Berner himself,, the original tasted like a soapy minty,Flavor.. but it changed over the year.. Yes lots of fakes!!! and lots of people making there own mix to get it close... I guess it like saying there only one og kush!!

NorCal

Veteran
The 8-9 weeks is more for cash croppers on a schedule. I seriosuly wouldn't doubt if they actually took it down at 6-7. I usually will let most my strains go 9-10 just because the sours I run go 11 almost every time. The difference between 9-10 seems to be a little bit bigger nugs and alot more color, similar to the OG. To me It's worth the extra time when the strain is that much stonier and is colorful enough to command a better ticket. Some people just Need to fill a quota. If you got it like that I can't hate......

EDIT: I take that back 8-9 weeks is plenty for it to get stony enough but mark my words plenty of people take her down way earlier to get it out there and they're usually gonna take a lower ticket. These people will usually have 20+ elbo's available at a time....

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
In response....

In response....

How can u say for sure there is only 1 pheno unless you are the breeder?? There are 2 known pheno's of cherry pie, so it's quite possible that there are more than one gsc. The creators must have popped a ton of beans to get the gsc, to me it would be likely that they kept more than one.

Do you know what the "breeders" did with the left over seeds? They chucked them!?!

BTW there's only 1 GSC. In case you didn't read it the first time.

:tiphat:

Last edited:
P

puma

and a nice young clone...

pretty sure this is a soild cut of the real deal, but who knows these days right..
peace.

G

Guest3498

There's so little information on the "real" gsc cookies still, I dunno about blanket statements like that. Then again if I was raking it in by whoring out the cookies all over town I'd probably be saying I had the only real cut around too... Will be interesting to run both cuts side by side... :tiphat:

Last edited:
Do you know what the "breeders" did with the left over seeds? They chucked them!?!

BTW there's only 1 GSC. In case you didn't read it the first time.

:tiphat:

I'm sure they did chuck the seeds, after they kept few different pheno's. Even people that pop 20 seeds keep multiple pheno's. No one knows for sure except the people who started the gsc. It sounds like its already confirmed that there is 2 for sure. The one u have and the mutant one that looks like cherry pie but finishes gsc. Personally I have both but they are only 2 weeks flowering.

The next big strain name should simply be called "the real cut". It will be every legendary strain crossed together and only each of us will have THE REAL CUT!!!

big twinn

Veteran
Thanks for the excellent post frank! The first picture looks like what I've got. Can't wait to see how she progresses phenotypically once flowered.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Big...I think the point being...and the one I wanted to make...

My room is going through hell right due to broad mites...

Look what a piss poor environment did to that cut. You see how it started...you see the remnants from a BEST OF 10 ROOTED CLONES -

They look like completely different expressions of the same plant.

Who knows...it'll be months before I do...gotta get it healthy again...if it doesn't give up first...

That flowering plant in 10g IS NOT HEALTHY by any means - IF ANYTHING - I told myself if it didn't look better and grow right by week 3 - I was going to cut it down - not wasting time.

BUT AGAIN - this IS NOT because of the cut - it is because of the damage from broad mites and being treated heavily with essentials which burned it's new growth tips pretty hard...

dank.Frank

Dr.Dank

Cannabis 101
Veteran
So I'm on the road driving to the medical cup hope to see some fine flowers and ladies :) what's a badass hotel by the water? Anyone? I'm bringing a bunch of samples this time :p