What's new

Ghostwolf's 2nd Bigger, Better PC Grow Case and Grow

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Reject Obama's Nomination of Michele Leonhart For DEA Director

President Barack Obama has nominated Michele Leonhart to head the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration. NORML is asking you to contact your Senator today and urge him or her to reject this nomination.

As interim director, Ms. Leonhart has obstructed efforts to end the destructive conflict between federal and state medical marijuana laws while overseeing federal raids and arrests in disregard of state law - contrary to the present policy of this administration.

Furthermore, she has blocked scientific research on medical marijuana, in disregard of this administration's pledge to let science, rather than ideology, guide public policy.

In particular, Ms. Leonhart has neglected to reply to an eight-year old petition to reschedule marijuana for medical use, which is supported by NORML and was called for by the AMA and a growing number of states and federal judges.

She has further denied the application of the University of Massachusetts to establish a research facility for FDA development of marijuana, overruling the recommendation of the DEA's own administrative law judge that this was not in the public interest.

Ms. Leonhart has incomprehensibly called the rising death toll civilians attributable to the U.S./Mexican drug war "a signpost of the success" of her agency's policies.

Ms. Leonhart's actions and ambitions are incompatible with common sense marijuana law reform and the stated policies of this administration. Please urge Congress to reject this nomination. For your convenience, a prewritten letter will be e-mailed to your member of the U.S. Senate when you visit NORML's 'Take Action' Center here:

http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/alert/?alertid=15006066
:tiphat:

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Sadly yes you'd have to be in the US to send a email or letter to congress. We need all the help we can get here with government.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
So I just made new light trap/air box for the small case, based on Scrub's design made from a black plastic noodle tray and craft foam blades. And it's working pretty good. It covers two exhaust fans and blocks 99% light and has very little air restriction. Unlike my earlier tries at making one from flat cardboard. The foam is easier to work with, also making it bigger helped the air flow. I also lengthened the outside blades making them a little longer than the inside ones. I didn't have time to take photo's last night I just saw "Avatar" in a word Awesome! But I'll have some new pic's later this evening. "Go in a good way"

PG-191

What did you think of the point the movie was making?The whole point of the avatar movie for me was that most people have disregarded the bond between man and mother nature and how we're destroying her. ):

I'm lucky enough to be an a part of the world where there's an abundance of untouched rainforest and the connection to nature is still an everyday thing. :)

Ghostwolf

Veteran
What did you think of the point the movie was making?The whole point of the avatar movie for me was that most people have disregarded the bond between man and mother nature and how we're destroying her. ): :)
Absolutely!

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Not science but the people who control it. We have still have very much to learn as supposedly intelligent and civilized beings. It is said that "If you do not remember the past, then you are doomed to repeat it". We have lost the lessons that were learned by the ancient peoples of our world. And some will never learn and are so wrapped up in the acquisition of power and wealth that sadly those could if we as a whole aren't careful, will ruin everything for everyone. I would hate to think that in 140 years if we don't learn to live with a world and only take what we need instead of what we want. That we could be the murdering aliens destroying such a beautiful planet as that shown to us. After we destroy the only home we have. Then we will have learned nothing and will perish from the universe forever. But there is still hope for us, I prefer to think. Hopefully this motion picture has helped in some way to wake a lot of us up and save what we have. "Go in a good way my friend"

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Its people who are destroying the earth..left to the animals, this world would flourish again..did you know semi-Trucks burn 6 billion dollars worth of diesel fuel every year, just idiling and keeping the drivers warm in the winter! That doesn't include ANY driving..total shame...
Hey Ghost!! Sorry about my rant!!
Can't wait to see some pics my friend..I need to build some light traps tonight!!
Take care

Ghostwolf

Veteran
That's cool BC, you see there are far more people on the planet than it can really support without doing harm to it. Sadly it's been like for a long time and it's only getting worse. That's what I account for the reason of the increasing natural disasters around the world. The Earth has had all it can take from all of us and is fighting back to survive the only way it can, by getting rid of some of us. But that is just my thoughts on the subject. and have no bearing on growing our favorite plant. I'll see you when I have some photos later. Till next time "Go in a good way my friend.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Here are the latest photo's starting with the light trap I did for the small case. It's not the most uniform job I ever did but it looks better than what was there and it traps about 99% of the light and has good air flow. I based it on Scrubs design. I just lenghten the outside blades to trap as much light as I could. Then some new pic's of the girls. And that's the new stuff tonight. :tiphat:

bloodlock

Lighttraps and girlies looking good there wolf! I am also interested in what kind of material you made it from?

Regarding Avatar, it made me think we in the western civilization are well on our way to loose our connection to mother nature. Western civilization have become a virus to the earth, destroying it and ourselves. Either we fix the virus ourselves by changing our way of life OR mother earth will do it for us. I belive there are greater cycles in nature than just the 4 seasons... The ancients knew about these cycles, but for us it is almost forgotten knowledge. Just my two cents... :)

anavar

very nice ghostwolf!

i think i'm going to make lighttraps similar to yours, they look great.

Last edited:

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Greetings guys, christoph, bloodlock, and anavar thanks for tuning in and sharing your thoughts. First I used Scrubninja's design and made one side a little longer than the other, using craft foam that comes in sheets of different color's in one package at Walmart in different sizes, I used the largest in the arts and crafts part of the store. I would have used black but I used all of it on the new pc case, but blue is dark and works good. It covers two 80mm fans. For the air box I used a couple of the teriyaki noodle trays that you get from the food store or Dollar General for a 1.00 so you can have lunch before you start making it ha ha. I cut the bottom out of them as large as I could from corner to corner. I cut the end out of one tray after I cut the bottom out of both of them. Then I cut what I needed out of the other tray so I could over lap the edges and adjust the size to fit over the fans and glue them together. Then I made my measurements for the light trap it's self. I drew it out on the foam sheet and cut the pieces out, I did a little math figured I needed 11 blades for each side with the outside being 1 1/2" wide and the inside being 1 inch wide and 3 3/8 of a inch long and the sides about 5 1/2 " tall and made the marks for the blade placement and just glued it all together with super glue. Then sealed it from the inside black silicone, then used electrical tape to put it on the case, but you can glue it either way. Any how it work pretty good at about 99%. They're easy to make, so try it out. and good luck. Ghostwolf

johnnybsmokin

Hey Ghost, just checking in for another little look, been busy I see!! good for you. You can always find something that needs fine tuning for a better result. I have built up a few of those "scrub" light filters ( props to ya scrub ) and they work a treat. I have made them out of Plastic and Carboard you just have to think about it a little hey.
Plants are coming along nicely n8, nice to see many little bud sites developing, hope it turns out to be 1 big "budsicle" for you...

Cheers

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Hi johnny I haven't been around for a few days because I'm dealing with a bad flu that pulled me down last Thursday. I'm still fighting it. Thanks for your kind words. And thanks to Scrub for his design I was able to take it a step farther and it works good. The foam takes punishment well when moving the case around to open it and is thick enough to not let light escape. I only had a small space to work with inside the air box and left the blades short. So I thought I'll make them longer on the outside to help reduce light further. who knows if I made them long enough I mite have stopped 100% of the light. But I'm happy with about 99%. The trap I made for the other case is big and ugly but it works 100% without affecting the temps or air flow. Now this new one I made for the small case turned out pretty cool, which I didn't expect. It is the largest one of the Scrub type traps that I've made and works the best of all the other ones. It has very good air flow and only raised temps one degree. Scrub has always said that it needs to be big to have the best chance of working properly, and I tried to made it as large as I could and still fit into the space I had available for it. I'm glad y'all like it and I hope it works for any who wants to make one and use it. Cheers to you Scrub. and "Go in a good way my brothers"

hey ghost! sorry too hear about the flu! i think ive gotten the same thing, flu season i bet :p maybe just for us natives XD

thanks alot for that quick tut on how to make ur light trap, im gunna have to find some stuff from around the house, and build one of these myself, as it seems that any material will work!

hope your feeling better brother!

christoph.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Hi christoph, I'm getting better but this stuff is a bad one it took me out fast. Shitty part was I picked it up at the doctors office last week, isn't that a hell of a thing to happen there. You can use what ever you can find that will work. Scrub likes metal because it's uniform and I can see his point but for some that isn't possible so you just use what you have around. I save microwave food trays for trays in the cases and other things like top of the ventilator on my big light trap, and now the air box/base for the trap on my small case. The craft foam sheets idea I picked up from someone that gutted a pc power supply box leaving only the fan and lining it with black foam and making baffles inside with foam for their light trap, I don't know if it worked out for them. I do know that the bigger you can make it the better it will work. that being said you've seen mine and Scrub's and how big they are so you can take it from there figure out what you need to make yours work. "Go in a good way"

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Sure hope you get better soon Ghost...
I usecarbon filter to cover the big hols Ghost..you really don't need to build all that..it works awesome for me bro..
it blocks light AND keeps dirt, bugs etc out of the case..try it you'll like it!!!
Take care Ghost..nice you got all those nutes..Advanced makes the sensi grow too...