What's new

ghetto first pc case grow

neo247

hey guys. update time. had to use my camera phone. so sorry for the shit pics.

and i made a mistake. my big plant is on day 18. like a week ago i said 15. idk i could be wrong again.

LST starting soon on the big one. other two are getting big. i think they are both females!!!. 100% ratio =]

check out the node spacing ;)

Attachments

• 0626090023.jpg
    0626090023.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 0626090024.jpg
    0626090024.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 9
  • 0626090024a.jpg
    0626090024a.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 9

neo247

hey guys. long time no update. but nothings too exciting. i got rid of one plant. i wanted to get a bigger pot for the main plant. i am still using only one 23W cfl. so my plant is growing slower than it should but thats ok for me right now. i probably wont be able to get any significant bud, but i am going to make hash out of the whole plant. it looks great though. very sticky.

i only have a little magnify glass. ill show pics. tell me if you think i can determine when the plant is done but the magnify pic.

and btw, it doesnt smell at all. only when i rub my finger on a leave and smell it. its extremely strong. i dont have any carbon scrubber on but i dont think ill need it cause i wont really have buds. just little popcorns.

pics:

Attachments

• DSC01888.JPG
    DSC01888.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01890.JPG
    DSC01890.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01891.JPG
    DSC01891.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC01892.JPG
    DSC01892.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 11

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Cool plant bro :) I was thinking of doing a 23w grow in a bucket one day. I can't tell from the pics but keep inspecting with your magnifying thing. I found it really hard to distinguish between clear and milky, but ambers were more obvious.

neo247

thanks man.now im looking at those little white crystal things right? some pistils are amber but im pretty sure thats not what you look at. how long till i harvest ya think?

becareful with a soda can as a pot for your plant. Seems dangerous. I prefer 20oz or 32oz gatorade bottles wrapped in duct tape.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yeah, the sugary sort of coating. You wanna focus right in on one patch of budleaf which is prefferably flat on, faced towards you, so all of it is exactly face on to your perspective, this way you'll see a lot more trichomes in focus at once.

I say focus on one point cos I found after a while they will jump out at you...easily missed in a brief glance. But yeah, move over the buds slowly, focusing on one patch at a time and assess the clear/milky/amber ratios. They turn colour in that order.

^ a couple of amber just starting to appear although the lighting confuses things

^looks clear/milky to me

Just search "trichomes" and you'll get a good idea of what colours you specifically wanna aim for. Bottom line is that you will see them better through your scope than your camera is able to show the net, imo. Do you know how many times magnification it is?

neo247

becareful with a soda can as a pot for your plant. Seems dangerous. I prefer 20oz or 32oz gatorade bottles wrapped in duct tape.

that was just in the beginning. the main plant is now in a modified baby wipe pot. but my other plant, which is quite boring, is still in a can. kinda an experiment to see how long it can grow in such a small space.

Yeah, the sugary sort of coating. You wanna focus right in on one patch of budleaf which is prefferably flat on, faced towards you, so all of it is exactly face on to your perspective, this way you'll see a lot more trichomes in focus at once.

I say focus on one point cos I found after a while they will jump out at you...easily missed in a brief glance. But yeah, move over the buds slowly, focusing on one patch at a time and assess the clear/milky/amber ratios. They turn colour in that order.

^ a couple of amber just starting to appear although the lighting confuses things

^looks clear/milky to me

Just search "trichomes" and you'll get a good idea of what colours you specifically wanna aim for. Bottom line is that you will see them better through your scope than your camera is able to show the net, imo. Do you know how many times magnification it is?

thanks for clearing that up.

camera is nothing special. i think its like 3x. idk how much the magnify lense. but i have two friends that have nice camera. one has a digital cam but its 12 megapixels. the other one has like a Nikon D60 with a bunch of lenses. so maybe they can let me borrow it or something

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yeah bro, pretty sure the d60 would do the trick. Just look for the macro mode (it has a flower icon usually, like the flower pickup in old super mario games). For the shots above, my cam has a super macro mode. It's more about lenses than megapixel ratings.

neo247

Yeah bro, pretty sure the d60 would do the trick. Just look for the macro mode (it has a flower icon usually, like the flower pickup in old super mario games). For the shots above, my cam has a super macro mode. It's more about lenses than megapixel ratings.

ok cool ill try and borrow it

thats pretty good for 23 watts of CFL. keep it up

thanks!! the seed actually came from an ounce of dank dro. seedless. but sometimes you might get one. and i was lucky enough. and its growing great compared to the mids seeds. must be some good genetics. i look at it once a day. and ill sit on the flooring staring at it for like 20 min. thinkin about how far ive come. and not getting caught. and all the people who doubted me. and btw i have plenty of room for height.

question: i am starting to think i wont need any smell protection. it dont smell at all. (unless you rub it and smell your hand) do ya think ill need anything?? kinda a dumb question but just looking for opinions.

and....considering im only using 23W this run (slow grow) how long till i should harvest. ill probably just make hash out of the whole plant. i wanna know so i can start flushing. even though it might be hard cause theres alot of nutrients in the soil itself. again, just looking for opinions.

thanks guys

MtnKuSh

looking great..nice and lush. i use a single 23w cfl for my veg area and they grow nice n lush

day 10 veg..click pic for fullsize
great grow dude

neo247

looking great..nice and lush. i use a single 23w cfl for my veg area and they grow nice n lush

day 10 veg..click pic for fullsize
great grow dude

thanks!! i like yours too. im sure you know, but its not good two grow more than one plant per container. whats up with that?

neo247

question: i am starting to think i wont need any smell protection. it dont smell at all. (unless you rub it and smell your hand) do ya think ill need anything?? kinda a dumb question but just looking for opinions.

and....considering im only using 23W this run (slow grow) how long till i should harvest. ill probably just make hash out of the whole plant. i wanna know so i can start flushing. even though it might be hard cause theres alot of nutrients in the soil itself. again, just looking for opinions.

thanks guys

bump

toastfighter2

The thing with smell is that it builds up slow, and you live there.This mean that by the time that it is starting to smell, you will be so used to it that you don't notice. I thought that I was all good with the smell of my grow cab(it was in a closet, and as far from where anyone would be as possible), but the first time my now ex girlfriend came over, she mentioned that our place had a really strong weed smell as you walked up to the front door, but I just couldn't smell it, so I thought that it was because we smoked one befor she came over. Well, I went on a little vacation, and when I got back, I could smell it walking up to the door, just like she had said.

ScrubNinja

Veteran
Yeah I used to live in the sort of house where you could pick a half ounce off the floor if you tried, flatmate used to trim pounds in the living room and dry in the roof, the place stunk but nobody really commented. Once I started vegging in a pc case without a scrubber, visitors started commenting that it smells like weed in there. toastfighter2 is spot on. I would only trust your nose comletely if you hadn't been home for >24hrs.

neo247

ok thanks. but the thing is that i am only using one pathetic 23watt light. i really wont get any buds. just some thc to make hash. plus i probably got no more than 2 more weeks anyways. based on the trichomes. they are just about all cloudy, i think. maybe some amber and clear.

neo247

hey guys. new pics. i liked them alot so im sharing. i also got an ona block for odor. this will be perfect for my setup. so far it has been a good investment.

please tell me what you think. 23 watts isnt doin bad.

DSC01903.jpg

DSC01904.jpg

DSC01906.jpg

DSC01907.jpg

DSC01908.jpg

DSC01909.jpg

DSC01910.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01912.jpg

DSC01913.jpg

Mk3Jetta

Are you using a cool white or a warm white bulb? a warm white would give the lower kelvin rating which is good for flowering. 2700k?

Latest posts

Latest posts