What's new

GHBB Top Max

Scientist

I'm thinking about using this instead of Fox Farms Big Bloom when my current grow goes into 12/12.

Does anyone know anything about it? I can't find a web site for the company. I'm looking for a good organic bloom formula that is very potent - The Fox Farms BB goes to quick cause you have to mix soo much in. 1 qt barley lasted me 2 plants.

Thanks & happy growin

the couch

Bio Bizz makes a bloom nutrient, a 1.1-2.5-2 . The top max is only a supplement , with only humic acid and kelp extract in it. Its not very concentrated though, ~1Tbls/gal. Also check out earth juice bloom 0-3-1, or meta naturals 1-5-5.

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
I tried out Meta Naturals last flowerin cycle, seemed like good stuff. No complaints... but i think ill think with PB Flower. Maybe its the smell and texture that gets me...

EJ B isnt bad, heard your suppose to bubble the solution overnight tho, to let the PH stabilize.

K

kokua

big bloom and top max are two different products completely. You could use them together if you like.

Ej bloom and metanaturals are both ok products, but they are totally different than the TM and BB. Neither Earth Juice or Metanaturals line have products similiar to BB or TM. Are you looking for an addative or a main source of nutrition?

In general, you will find that the organic ferts/addatives are all much weaker than their salty counterparts.

off subject...

I know with nutrients its a personal preference thing, but if I were going to shop for an organic line, EJ and metanaturals would be at the bottom of my list. I prefer nutrients that are easy to work with and that have STABLE pH's. Neither one of those lines falls into that category. Pure Blend Pro is mostly organic and is the most pH stable product I have ever come across, organic or sythetic. I actually prefer products like Alaska fish and Neptunes Harvest over EJ and meta, and they are half the price. :)

Last edited:
G

the couch said:
with only humic acid and kelp extract in it..
where's this info coming from? I don't think it's kelp. Their kelp product is Alg-A-Mic.

"TopMax is a 100% vegetable based organic bloom stimulator that encourages rapid cell division during flowering and increases the production of transport sugars in the fruit or flowers, resulting in a larger blossoms and fruits with enhanced flavours, oils and aromas." http://www.biobizz.nl/menutekst.asp?MenuID=,425,440&ID=440

I use european version and it works great.

Last edited:
K

kokua

omo...top max contains 15% Sea Kelp (ascophyllum Nodosum) and 30% humic acid (derived from leonardite). I assure you the couch is right about that. :)

Last edited:
K

kokua

i could take a picture if you like :) The bottles are different than what you see in Europe. But the formula is exactly the same. :)

G

Yes, please, post a pic. There's nothing of that sort on my bottle. I'm not sure if their products are the same as ther cos its all messed up with NPK and noone seems to have a clue as to why is that. I sure would like to know.

Last edited:
K

kokua

npk? of what? The Top Max I have doesnt' have an NPK value to it. Are you talking about the other Bio Bizz products?

zamalito

Veteran
Top max does have a small amount of nutrient in it but at a 2-5 ml dosage its not a nutrient in itself and is 25% humic acids and 15% kelp extracts. The biobizz line of products is phenomenal. They have the most cutting edge kelp extraction processes. Their veg nutrient 100% is made from pure molasses extracts. The nutrient is 100% plant extracts and is the easiest nutrient on plants that you can get. It isn't as all inclusive like pureblend pro which includes silicate agriminerals and humate but when combined with some floralicious pro, liquid karma or topmax its phenomenal and without par. Metanaturals and ej are ok I stopped using them long ago. Ej has blood and bone meal in it (madcow) metanaturals has bone meal and doesn't compare to pb pro or biobizz which are both vegetarian (biobizz doesn't have any animal products at all).

K

kokua

Here are the pictures you requested. GH just imports the BioBizz products they dont formulate anything, so I was under the assumption that the product was the same in North America as it was in Europe, but it looks like that isn’t the case. :) I have put several phone calls in and look to have a response for you asap.

zamalito

Veteran
What makes you say they're different formulations? I think it's just different labels. Liquid karma b'cuzz and floralicious have a similar n-p-k content. I just think it's too low for gh to bother printing it on the label. Also many humic acid containing additives don't list the humic acid content so I don't think it's unusual for them to print in one country the n-p-k and the humic acid content in the other.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I use the Bio-Bloom and I like it. I plan on getting a bottle of Top-Max to see what a difference it makes. I'm liking the Bio-Bizz products. Check out Root Juice too.

K

kokua

zamalito the npk's are different for the grow and bloom...I agree with you on the topmax.

G

Latest posts

Latest posts