What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ghana - first world cup victory!!!

- ezra -

.strangelove.
Veteran
Well done to Ghana for a brilliant performance and a 2-0 win over the world number 2 team the Czeck Republic. :woohoo: It really was an amazing game; Ghana played with so much spirit.

Come on Africa!

G

yeah well done ghana, but i think it helped that the czech's played like shit.
this shows how open football is, any team can beat any team on the day.
if ghana played the czech's 20 times, who would average more wins?

zamalito

Veteran
I'm rootin for ghana. New guinea and ghana have the highest percentage of adult cannabis users in the world. Its something insane like between 85-90% of the adult population smokes. That's counting little old ladies too. My closest friend from childhood is ghanaian also. He says its like jamaica except you don't have to worry about a 13 yr old stabbing you for your wallet and no rich americans that go there to play golf. It must be a really awesome society with that many cannabis users. I can only hope to live and own land there one day.

muddy waters

then again, in the kalakuta republic, 100% of the adult population smoked:

F1_tokes.GIF

F2_tokes.GIF

F3_tokes.GIF

F4_tokes.GIF

G

nice pic MW.

being a neutral, i hope the usa can dispatch ghana on the 22nd, i want to see teams like usa and the socceroos to do well this time around, both are great sporting nations and they have great individual players. but who knows, maybe someone can explain the offside rule to the ghanaians before then?

i don't really care what happens to the african teams this time round. i think they should just concentrate on learning from their mistakes at this WC/ACN and in the next four years they should prepare better by playing more international friendlies away from home against teams like england, brasil etc. so that they can shine when the WC comes to south africa in 2010.

Syd

ICMag Donor
zamalito said:
I'm rootin for ghana. New guinea and ghana have the highest percentage of adult cannabis users in the world. Its something insane like between 85-90% of the adult population smokes. That's counting little old ladies too. My closest friend from childhood is ghanaian also. He says its like jamaica except you don't have to worry about a 13 yr old stabbing you for your wallet and no rich americans that go there to play golf. It must be a really awesome society with that many cannabis users. I can only hope to live and own land there one day.

Hi all,
I've never heard anything about Ghana's strans. Can you tell me what they grow and smoke there? Maybe in another thread, if this one is dedicated to football.

In every case I miss Nigeria, Senegal and Cameroon: I didn't see good football played by the african teams in this world championship and I wonder why those 3 teams weren't able to go to Germany. I remember Ghana of Abedi Pelè and it was absolutely spectacular. This one doesn't exist if compared to that one of a decade ago.

Sportive Peace and amusement to everyone! And if you're are in Germany now, don't drink Bud!!! Taste the german beers and fuck-off the sponsors

Last edited:

Tripco

Since Serbia & Montenegro did no more than very shity performace on the World Cup, my favourites are Ghanians (not to mention that their coach Djurkovic is an Serb, so many people around here will switch to support Ghana).
P.S. There's a article on Cannabis Culture online "Ganja in Ghana" i read last autumn. I'm not sure for the link, but if you're not very aversive to CC, try their search engine.

G

muddy waters wow nice pictures i never see so big joint hehe.
yea ghna play very good in that word cup czech republic kave a strong team but they lose . its great to see how change footbal on the world :)

Tripco

Yes, they did it!
Well done, guys!
It's gonna be a hard game against Brazil, but hey, everything is possible.

G

they got lucky on those calls usa could gone with a tie. i have to say they play really agressive and not to mention they try to trip people but hey if it's not called then what can u do.

G

^exactly, in my book it constitutes match fixing.
imagine if they had another ref sitting in front of a monitor, with slow-mo replays and all the angles, and he doesn't have any function other than to over-rule bad decisions made by the officials on the field. or better yet, ten such ref's and the majority decision between them is the one that stands.
how many times have you seen a goal ruled out because of offside, when the replay clearly shows that the player is on? now, how many times have you seen a team lose the game because of it? that shit happens all the time.

Tripco

Yeah, they didn't passed Brazil, but they showed their potential as well and they continued to fight to the very last minute. We'll be hearing of this team more in the future.

Latest posts

Latest posts