What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

gh 6/9 and richyrich tea

can one use 6/9 and richyrich tea in drip dtw system

explain: 6/9 in drip dtw and mix richy tea and pour tea by hand from the top of the crown would the plant still benefit from both worlds so to speak:dunno:

gmanwho

Veteran
I think it will work just fine. The one thing you havent stated is the medium you using an stage of growth. But i think with DTW there's less variable for error.

some things i cant answer an thought of is... is the gh gonna create a harsh environment to utilize beneficial bacteria? My experience with ewc an mycorrhizial fungi tea bags added to a ebb & flood rez running GH nutes seems to work great for me.

If anything dtw would be easier then a recirc system as you dont have to worry about the rez so much. An the fact you ARE NOT adding the tea to a rez an only top pouring is a win.

You have an easily workable scenario. Id say go for it. or you could always mark a few plants an start using the tea on the marked plants. Then you will easily find your answer.

Im betting it will outperform your previous feedings..

bsafe

gmanwho

Veteran
refugee. one thing i noticed IMMMEDIATLY is my rez PH fluctuation has stabilized greatly. not a joke or false info.... every day before i was chasing ph. always adding ph up at first. then i would be adding down. It really has stabilized it greatly... my veg rez has been holding for 3 days since last ph up adjustment.

Use it.. . really. i am not sure i wouldnt not use it at this point.

since the first post i have been usign the tea in my backup soil plants, i still have some coco cups, but since have been changing over to an organic soil mix. They have never been happier. One thing i can add is try not to let the medium dry out completely. i feel there always needs to be a small amount of moisture when building a BB army. But then again your adding tea to evey feeding , so your reintroducing the BB.

One thing i decided to change is boiling the water for 20min prior to making the tea . this way u sterilize the water , keep it covered an let it get to room temp, then inoculate the water with the BB additives an molasses an then let them grow. this way i know am brewing only beneficial bacteria. Same laboratory concept as using agar plates to breed whatever fungus you may want to grow.

b-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
ro water im sure works just fine. Most people who use ro seems to work great when making teas.

but this is how i think.......that ro water will have other unknown bacteria in it, bacteria you may not want to " herd" . that unwanted baceria will grow along side the beneficials that u add. The molasses will feed them.

Why not remove the unwanted bacteria first, then add the bacteria you want to herd. in my eyes its better to start with a fresh plate. like using agar plates, or growing mushrooms, same concept.

b-safe

I see where you going with that now yes its better to play it safe and that way you know exactly what u have in there instead of guess work aka (hope u got it right work) thanks for all the 411:woohoo:

Latest posts

Latest posts