What's new

Getting bullied= Commiting S*icide?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
that jersey guy offed himself because he was exposed kissing some dude. That is not "bullying" in my book. it's 2010 you were caught on camera, and you are obviously not ok w what u do. He got to college still a virgin and realized he was not gonna turn into a man any time soon. BE a MAN. IF i get caught jerking off i'm not jumping. Sexual habits or jokes about them are not important. That same weakness is why women neve looked at him as any type of man hence give up city.

I have to agree this doesn't fit into my idea of bullying either, although it wasn't quite as simple as being caught on camera and manning up. He was caught on camera his roommate set up on him knowing an encounter like this might happen. Which was clearly wrong and a horrendous violation of privacy from someone you should be able to trust, regardless of the sexual preference involved. Really this is more of a betrayal of trust and privacy rights issue. Especially when you expose the person to the world via the internet. Ironically the person choosing to kill themselves likely brings way more attention to themselves and their embarrassment then just another annonymous sex film of some random person on the internet ever would.

T

TrichyTrichy

He didn't have the coping or resilience skills.
Not everyone get's a suit of armour along with their youth ;)

I

In~Plain~Site

Yes the passive aggressive types really do suck don't they.. LOL:comfort:As far as fending for themselves won't find me disagreeing with you there bro . I don't even think we should fucking be there and if you ask the ppl coming back either do they .. Don't even ask me.........ask them.... better yet tune into wiki leaks see for yourself.. See if the ppl in that country really want you there.. You really think I'm so full of shit then watch shows about how ppl in that country really feel about you then get back to me. Until then lets not pull the holier then thou shit we have to listen to ALL the fucking time from you guys please it really does get old.. Headband707

I can only hope and pray that's exactly what we do with the ungrateful fucks, and yes, I do think you're full of shit.
They can all live in the dark ages for all I care. :moon:
When your tax dollars, and collective efforts, do more than the combined sum of the rest of the world, it's easy to take that position.

It's called being the world's only Super Power.If you have any doubt as to the US's importance to the rest of the world,in every aspect of the word importance, I suggest you educate yourself before you run your mouth.

As I said, we're 'bullies' who seemed to be constantly called upon to save the rest of the collective world's ass.

I'm all for ending that, and bullying in the true sense of the word.

AmericanFlag.gif

She might be a bitch, but she's the best bitch in the world.

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
^^ What they said.

Well BULLIES come in all forms .. Ones who think they RULE the world!!!! Pushing everyone around and then telling everyone it's for their own good .. LOL then start waving flags like we haven't seen or heard this rederick a million times God that shit is BORING lol:moon:I think I will smoke one now...:tiphat:peace out Headband707

ibjamming

Veteran
I think that's because they know they can't have them. ;)

I think it's more a case of actually having something in common with a man besides sex. If you think about it...what do YOU really like that women do? What do they really like that men do? Sex...that's about all we share in common.

Am I right?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
When I was a little kid there were kids I would pick on.... I dont know why but I did, I just thought it was funny to make fun of kids I thought had issues that were funny to me. Might have had something to do with loosing my mom at young age and living poor, but I did grow out of it by highschool. I know for a fact tho that one kid I bullied turned out to be a cop... sure hope he never pulls me over, but if he does Ima make fun of him some more(depending on if Im clean....) haha!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think it's more a case of actually having something in common with a man besides sex. If you think about it...what do YOU really like that women do? What do they really like that men do? Sex...that's about all we share in common.

Am I right?

Good point.

Mindful

I notice a dwindling level of empathy in people, especially the younger generation.

"To 'listen' another's soul into a condition of disclosure and discovery may be about the greatest service any human being ever performs for another."

~ Douglas V. Steere

Empathy:

Empathy is the ability to put ourselves in another's place and to understand deeper their experience. We are deeply present to their thoughts and feelings with such compassionate accuracy that they can hear their own thoughts more clearly. Empathy connects us with our common humanity. It protects us from prejudice, blame and judgment - those things that divide us from each other. With empathy, we reflect on how our actions affect others. It moves us to seek justice for every person, even those with whom we disagree. Empathy inspires us to be giving and selfless.

The Practice of Empathy:

I seek to understand others' experience.

I listen with compassion.

I refrain from judging and blaming.

I think about how my choices impact others.

I care about people's rights.

I feel my connection to all.

~ The Virtues Project

LetsSeeYa

I notice a dwindling level of empathy in people, especially the younger generation.

"To 'listen' another's soul into a condition of disclosure and discovery may be about the greatest service any human being ever performs for another."

~ Douglas V. Steere

Empathy:

Empathy is the ability to put ourselves in another's place and to understand deeper their experience. We are deeply present to their thoughts and feelings with such compassionate accuracy that they can hear their own thoughts more clearly. Empathy connects us with our common humanity. It protects us from prejudice, blame and judgment - those things that divide us from each other. With empathy, we reflect on how our actions affect others. It moves us to seek justice for every person, even those with whom we disagree. Empathy inspires us to be giving and selfless.

The Practice of Empathy:

I seek to understand others' experience.

I listen with compassion.

I refrain from judging and blaming.

I think about how my choices impact others.

I care about people's rights.

I feel my connection to all.

~ The Virtues Project

Great post ...................il be sending this to my daughter, thanks:thank you:

LSY

LetsSeeYa

I'm glad it spoke to you LSY :tiphat:

Well when you raise a child who has seen it in and around me so much, you would think its something that shouldnt have to be explained.

Not everthng is in a book ya know, i believe that paying attention has been lost in soom of the younger one's these days.

Just my take:thank you:

L

longearedfriend

being a victim of bullying is atrocious

worst is, bullies pick on vulnerable people

people who already have problems, depression, height/size (wich they could have issues with), sensitive kids (hurts them even more then others)

not only do they pick on you everyday, kids gotta go home and live in fear, agony, of having to go back to school the next day

the consequences of it last a long time

what are supposed to be the most beautiful years of your life, end up being hell
and then you gotta spend the rest of your life picking yourself up, not only do the victims suffer, but the parents too

Bullying is detrimental to students’ well-being and development
Effects of bullying on those who are targeted

The effects of bullying can be serious and even fatal. Unfortunately, it is still a heavily unresearched area.

The link between bullying and school violence has attracted increasing attention since the 1999 rampage at Colorado's Columbine High School. That year, two shotgun-wielding students, both of whom had been identified as gifted and who had been bullied for years, killed 13 people, wounded 24 and then committed suicide. A year later an analysis by officials at the U.S. Secret Service of 37 premeditated school shootings found that bullying, which some of the shooters described "in terms that approached torment," played a major role in more than two-thirds of the attacks.[14] It is estimated that about 60-80% of children are bullied at school. Since bullying is mostly ignored; it may provide an important clue in crowd behaviour and passer-by behaviour. Numerous psychologists have been puzzled by the inactivity of crowds in urban centres when crimes occur in crowded places. Many have suggested bullying as one of the reason of this decline in emotional sensitivity and acceptance of violence as normal. When someone is bullied, it is not only the bully and victim who are becoming less sensitive to violence. In most cases, the friends and classmates of the bully and the victim accept the violence as normal.

In a landmark study, 432 gifted students in 11 states of USA were studied for bullying. More than two-thirds of academically talented eighth-graders say they have been bullied at school and nearly one-third harboured violent thoughts as a result.[14]

Research is still limited but it is estimated that bullying does form a chain reaction and the bullied often becomes the bully. Numerous dictators and invaders throughout history have tried to justify their bullying behaviour by claiming they themselves were bullied. Although it is no justification for bullying; many of the worst humans in history have been bullies and victims of bullying. It is the vast untouched and uncared cases of bullying which are a great source of concern. Most of the bullies, their victims and the standbys gradually accept bullying and violence as a normal part of life. In this sense, bullying affects not only the bullied but his friends and classmates and the whole society. It is claimed that Hitler himself was bullied as a child.

Mona O’Moore of the Anti-Bullying Centre at Trinity College in Dublin, has written, "There is a growing body of research which indicates that individuals, whether child or adult, who are persistently subjected to abusive behavior are at risk of stress related illness which can sometimes lead to suicide."[15] Those who have been the targets of bullying can suffer from long term emotional and behavioral problems. Bullying can cause loneliness, depression, anxiety, lead to low self-esteem and increased susceptibility to illness.[16]

The National Conference of State Legislatures said:

"In 2002, a report released by the U.S. Secret Service concluded that bullying played a significant role in many school shootings and that efforts should be made to eliminate bullying behavior."[17]

Suicide

There is a strong link between bullying and suicide.[18] Bullying leads to several suicides every year. It is estimated that between 15 and 25 children commit suicide every year in the UK alone, because they are being bullied.[19]
as for getmo:
When I was a little kid there were kids I would pick on.... I dont know why but I did, I just thought it was funny to make fun of kids I thought had issues that were funny to me. Might have had something to do with loosing my mom at young age and living poor, but I did grow out of it by highschool. I know for a fact tho that one kid I bullied turned out to be a cop... sure hope he never pulls me over, but if he does Ima make fun of him some more(depending on if Im clean....) haha!

you outgrew it, but the damage you have done is gonna last a long time, you probably don't even know
and if you feel like harassing people some more, then I don't think you settled your issues yet

life has a way of making us see things (and bringing balance),
but when we don't want to take the first step, usually it's too late when we realize those things

Latest posts

Latest posts