What's new

Gettin the Hands Dirty: Mother Search 2021

swapmeet

Wow, just going through my perlite hempies, second wave... Let me tell you... this is the way. I took better care of them this time and I'd say 85% keeper rate.... I also transplanted all moms, moved the next, next wave under the t5 to get some height, I decided to move the freshly transplanted clones in coco under the t8, right up on it so I can kind of create a clone factory assembly line in which I root them in the side light from the t5, then transplant to coco and stack nodes right up on the t8, then move under the t5 for height, then preflower for a week verticle, then into the racks to flower....

I set it all up today, so I'll post pictures of the setup later. I also ordered those prefab racks with adjustable shelves.... So I will update those as they come in and I fill them up.

Last edited:

swapmeet

Mothers and wave 3...

fetch?photoid=17920432.jpg

Successful hempy clones.... 63 keepers.... probably waves 4 and 5

My goal is 32-plant waves, so if I can get my golden zip, that's 2 elbows per harvest... so 10 quads is at least a quad per week, so we will begin dialage with waves 4 and 5.... here are the pictures:

fetch?photoid=17920433.jpg

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Hey Bro......I thought those lil hempy clone cups would help up your percentages.......I used perlite for well on 15 yrs before bein turned onto coco in clear solo cups that actually showed me the fastest rooters so I could throw em under the T-5 `s sooner to start stackin nodes and buildin laterals...........now.....I can`t stress enough the fact that T-5 `s right down on top of the newly rooted cuts is the way the truth and the light.....amen.....lol......T-8 `s used up high are strictly for rooting cuz you don`t NEED a buncha light to grow legs and root cuts....OK? ....and THEN under the T-5 `s for stackin nodes and keepin em short and squatty till it`s time to go in the racks with the big lights......

Most all varieties/polyhybrids/strains these days are single cola more indica dominant and don`t wanna build lateral branches , and that`s where the T-5 `s really shine and worth their weight in gold , but you haveta watch and make sure the lil fuckers don`t get scorched by growin into the bulbs.......That said......raisin the T-5 `s little by little will let em grow vertically but slower so as to develop all those nodes beneath AND build those lateral branches single cola bitch ass indica dominant varieties are so noted for not doin and DON`T do it on their own without bein coaxed and all but tortured to do so.......now......

Light placement......My basement ceilings were only 7'6"/90" off the concrete slab floors and my racks were set at 18 , 36 , 54 , and 72" , so originally the bulbs were set at 2 , 4 , and 6' and the plants did well , but the 2 top rack plants always drooped in late bloomage due to growin all but straight at the bulbs sideways , and that forced me to hang horti-trellis from the ceilings to hold everything up allowin em to grow through and be supported to prevent snappage and fallin on the plants below.......so.......after a few runs I raised the lights up to 28 , 56 , and 84" , with only 4" different on the bottom bulb , but 8" on the middle and 12 on the top ones , and although I still hung the horti-trellis for insurance , the plants grew better at more of an angle rather than all but sideways , and actually caught more lumens with all the ceilings and walls covered in reflectix ftw........anyways......that`s about it......

Gotta head south and make sure my beach house has stood up and hung in there from the fuckin tropical storm blastin 60 mph winds and hopefully not flood stage rain and storm surge......thus the high ass hurricane insurance rates I get raped for every yr , but rental season will be over in a month or so and I`ll be movin back down to start clearin off where my new lil retirement house on the intracoastal waterway will be where my pier and boathouse already reside, so take care and keep strokin my buddy....Dialage will get there before you know it IF you keep payin attention to detail and the little things , so FOCUS and get back to work...:dance013:....Take nothin for granted and let them bitches hoon.......

Peace.....DHF......:ying:......

swapmeet

Hey Bro......I thought those lil hempy clone cups would help up your percentages.......I used perlite for well on 15 yrs before bein turned onto coco in clear solo cups that actually showed me the fastest rooters so I could throw em under the T-5 `s sooner to start stackin nodes and buildin laterals...........now.....I can`t stress enough the fact that T-5 `s right down on top of the newly rooted cuts is the way the truth and the light.....amen.....lol......T-8 `s used up high are strictly for rooting cuz you don`t NEED a buncha light to grow legs and root cuts....OK? ....and THEN under the T-5 `s for stackin nodes and keepin em short and squatty till it`s time to go in the racks with the big lights......

I will test out the straight into coco cloning....I've already got the clear cups. If I can get similar results straight in coco, then that would be ideal. How often do you have to water the coco clones? Do you run hempy style or just drainage holes in the bottoms?

Also, did you feed the coco, then put the clone in, or put the clone in and water it in? I usually feed first, then put the clone in so that I lose minimal powder from the stem

The only problem is space... With the mothers under the t5, there is only room for about 30 clones, plus the hempy clones off around the edges. I am considering moving the mothers under a cmh with a horizontal reflector... this would allow me to give the mothers a bit more juice, while using that 9 bulb t5 just for freshly transplanted clones.

then I can use the t8 up high, just for rooting clones. The freshly rooted clones are under the 9 bulb t8, but they are like 3-4" below the light on risers.... so I was hoping they could stack a few nodes there until I can move the moms and use that whole area for vegging clones.

Most all varieties/polyhybrids/strains these days are single cola more indica dominant and don`t wanna build lateral branches , and that`s where the T-5 `s really shine and worth their weight in gold , but you haveta watch and make sure the lil fuckers don`t get scorched by growin into the bulbs.......That said......raisin the T-5 `s little by little will let em grow vertically but slower so as to develop all those nodes beneath AND build those lateral branches single cola bitch ass indica dominant varieties are so noted for not doin and DON`T do it on their own without bein coaxed and all but tortured to do so.......now......

Light placement......My basement ceilings were only 7'6"/90" off the concrete slab floors and my racks were set at 18 , 36 , 54 , and 72" , so originally the bulbs were set at 2 , 4 , and 6' and the plants did well , but the 2 top rack plants always drooped in late bloomage due to growin all but straight at the bulbs sideways , and that forced me to hang horti-trellis from the ceilings to hold everything up allowin em to grow through and be supported to prevent snappage and fallin on the plants below.......so.......after a few runs I raised the lights up to 28 , 56 , and 84" , with only 4" different on the bottom bulb , but 8" on the middle and 12 on the top ones , and although I still hung the horti-trellis for insurance , the plants grew better at more of an angle rather than all but sideways , and actually caught more lumens with all the ceilings and walls covered in reflectix ftw........anyways......that`s about it......

Since my first rack is like 1.5" off the ground, and the pot is another 8" above that, the absolute lowest branch of the plant is at about 13", and my bulb starts at 31" The top shelf is at 39". So, I am thinking a bulb at about 30" and 50"... Since my area is only 4'x4', I am hoping that would give me adequate coverage....though like yours, the top rack plants will need support... Best if I use the top rack for short little bonzai bushes that the vertical preflower veg should create... does that seem plausible?

Gotta head south and make sure my beach house has stood up and hung in there from the fuckin tropical storm blastin 60 mph winds and hopefully not flood stage rain and storm surge......thus the high ass hurricane insurance rates I get raped for every yr , but rental season will be over in a month or so and I`ll be movin back down to start clearin off where my new lil retirement house on the intracoastal waterway will be where my pier and boathouse already reside, so take care and keep strokin my buddy....Dialage will get there before you know it IF you keep payin attention to detail and the little things , so FOCUS and get back to work...:dance013:....Take nothin for granted and let them bitches hoon.......

Peace.....DHF......:ying:......

You know, my brother wants us to get a vacation house with a dock in the back yard that goes out to the gulf in corpus christi or somewhere there on the texas coast... At first I wasn't too keen on the idea.... but it is kind of growing on me now...

Last edited:

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Hey Bro......I have no clue what air porosity the coco you`re usin is so it`s hard ta say how long to wait between waterin em...but yeah....holes in the bottoms of clear containers for adequate fast drainage to prevent wet feet.......Just make sure they stay "moist" and not dry out all the way cuz you know dried out coco causes salt accumulation and that`s a big no-no.....now....yeah always get em wet with a mild feedjuice before stickin em , and with coco as well as perlite I always stuck a wood dowel down in to make a good hole so the rootone powder would ` nt rub off and then gently squeezed the cups to set the shit around the lil fuckers....ok ?......now.....

As far as plant placement where on the racks.....I guess the smaller plantlets up high would be the best idea , but once you find keepers , always monocrop so as to not allow ANY 1 plant grow into the next 1 sideways OR from beneath......It used ta piss me off when stadium grows were popular and the idiots would let the plants grow too tall and then shade the bottoms of the next levels and the bottoms never made shit for nuggage and the dumbasses wondered why their yields sucked by end of cycle.....anyways......

Remember 1 thing about the Gulf Coast.......Prices are out FUCKINrageous on the beach side , along with the bullshit hurricane insurance rates that you will NOT be happy about payin unless you`ve got a property management co. contract to rent your house out all during the summer season to offset all the bullshit property taxes and insurance costs.....I bought my land back in the mid 80` s after a major hurricane blew thru the yr before , and I stole 2 1/2 acres on both sides of the road for 80 grand cash that had 1/2 acre on the gulf with 200' of beach frontage , and 2 acres on the intracoastal waterway side....Built my beach house lil by lil over couple yrs with my guys that worked for me and it was paid for free and clear....then.....

As said "Redneck Riviera" became more and more popular , insurance and property taxes went skyhigh thru the damn roof and I almost sold the fuckin place , but then I ran into a guy that was starting up his own management co. and he saved my ass......The first yr my shit was full occupancy and every yr thereafter , and we still drink a beer and celebrate every now and then how glad I was to have found his ass instead of sellin out cuz I love my lil beach place , plus now it`s worth couple million WITHOUT the property on the other side of the road.....That said.....Find someplace you can build on that`s back in a canal so the insurance rates won`t be so crazy and the threat of gettin blown ass away is far less than on the gulf side if ya`ll only want a summer place.....

Drove down couple days ago and made sure everything was ok from the storm , spent the night and drove right back the next day cuz motel rates are crazy this time of yr.....aight.....nuff outta my old ass this day.....Ol lady`s callin me for breakfast so wake and bake`s over......Take care and keep strokin broski....Thing`s are lookin up....and remember ....He who hid well , lived well....Be very fuckin careful about who knows you grow.....especially since you grow where you live , cuz folks get greedy with criminal thoughts in their head and loose lips sink ships.....

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:.......
'

swapmeet

Hey brother,

Glad your place is safe. My brother was talking about living there, but he recently moved to Vegas, so we will see how that ages... Until then, good idea on the vacation rental... I definitely won't be using it in the summer... I don't need the heat AND humidity... I was originally looking at 4-500k already built homes with docks in the backyards.... I would much rather build my own house. Where I'm at right now, I must have gone and looked at 20 properties, made offers on about 3 or 4, then decided to just buy a lot and build my own cabin. It is so much better, especially since I already have a team put together for my investments, that I did some scaled sketches of a floor plan on MS Paint. I gave them to my engineer, and said I'm thinking about something like this: Before I knew it I had floor plans and schematics waiting for my approval... Without even asking him to do anything, just casual conversation about what I'm thinking about building there. The moral of the story is that those 20+ properties I walked, and countless online, all had features that I liked. But only one has everything I want, and nothing I don't, and that is my sketches.... plus building is so cheap here. Everything is concrete construction and labor is nothing, literally a fraction of So Cal labor cost, so like you did, I will build the cabin section by section with my people over the next year. I think the housing market in the US is going to take a shit again sooner than later, so I will wait for it to buy my vacation house with dock. Or, my waterfront land to build house with dock. I am not as picky about vacation houses as I am about primary residences, so we will see what's available when the shit hits the fan again... It will be good to have a boat on either side of South America, so no Panama to get to the gulf...

As for the clones, I have given serious thought about what you've been trying to drill into my head... and decided that I am going to eliminate the vertical pre-flower veg... Even though the bulb is high, they are bushing out a lot and not putting on much height.

So, I will eliminate the vertical veg, move the moms in there under a horizontal 315 CMH, and use the entire space under the 9 bulb t5 for rooted clones...This way I can adjust the light height without worrying about moms. I can put a pallet on the ground there to get freshly rooted clones closer to the light so they can stack nodes... then, as they are ready, I'll put them on the ground past the pallet so they can get taller, then move 32 plant waves into flower when they are tall enough...once in the racks, they bush like crazy anyway...

swapmeet

Quick update:

I'm going to post the preflower donut as is before I take it out. Then the racks at 3 weeks of flower... I started stripping the fans and will switch to bloom nutes tomorrow...

fetch?photoid=17923859.jpg

fetch?photoid=17923858.jpg

fetch?photoid=17923860.jpg

fetch?photoid=17923861.jpg

fetch?photoid=17923862.jpg

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Hey Bro.....I think I`ve forgotten an important fact I`m not sure you`re aware of and maybe I took it for granted you were , in that the reason you`re experiencing your indica dominant plants bush out instead of acting single cola under normal horizontal light conditions , is because with bare bulbs used BEFORE goin in with the big lights , the plants only grow sideways toward the light stimuli , and they very rarely experience much if any vertical growth at all during stretch once they go in with the big lights after bein flipped 12 / 12.......and why ?.........

Cuz they`re used to the sideways light and only respond accordingly ok ?......That`s why Heath originally from the beginning built his racks with ANGLED shelves to point the tops of the plants directly at the stacked bare bulbs once put in the flip rooms , and that`s also why my racks were built exactly the same way cuz after pre-veggin under T-5`s , they STILL experienced a certain amount of "vertical" stretch with 50 watts per sq ft compared to all but none if I would`ve pre-vegged with bare bulbs and set em on FLAT shelves like a stadium setup once pullin the trigger and flippen em 12 / 12.........I kept wonderin why you constantly spoke of the plants "fillin out" instead of stretchin , and then it hit me......btw.....It was Heath that also turned me onto T-5`s for pre-veggin a buncha smaller plants in cups before transplant......and......

I`ve ALWAYS preached about pre-veggin with horizontal fixtures , either 400 watt MH`s for bigger plants , or T-5`s for increased plant numbers before goin into the flip rooms and I guess I took it for granted everyone knew , and for that I apologize...........but.....I know many many folks that veg indica dominant plants forever ( up to 6 , 8 even 10 weeks) with bare bulbs cuz they WANT low and wide plants after veggin God awful amounts of time for bigger plants , but they plan for it and give as much as a 5 or 6' square areas and generally use 1K bulb per plant bare bulb or horizontal over head with many many bulbs AND plants in said grow area, but..........We`re not growin bushes OR trees with crazy ass veg times , we`re on perpetual rotations with as little veg time as possible so as to grow increased plant numbers AND eliminate that crazy ass veg time while having more plants ready for the the next rotations to keep the ball rollin for more crops per yr and the availability of product constantly from the room turnovers ok?......

My old head friends swear by their long veg times and huge ass harveys every 3 months or so , AND they finally took my old ass advice about usin separate veg areas instead of veggin and flowerin in the same spot for more BIG crops per yr instead of tearin it all down at choptime and startin all over again like they were used to , BUT they`ve got "trim crews" to do all the dirty work once all those huge ass plants get took down.......aight.....I think I got my point across , and again I`m sorry for not makin things clear.....Guess I`m gettin Old timer`s disease...lol..........well , maybe a little....anyways.....hopefull y now you get why I`m so damn adamant about usin T-5`s for pre-veg before goin in with the bare bulbs.....AND.....I also never stressed the part of the angled shelves in my racks cuz again I took it for granted everyone knew I mimicked Heath`s setup , only with DTW coco instead of hydroton and more continuous timed feeds.....aight.....gotta go help the old man from down the road feed my cows along with the few pigs and yardbirds I got runnin around.....so......

Take care and get back ta work my buddy......and.....

Peace......DHF......:ying:........

swapmeet

Hey Bro.....I think I`ve forgotten an important fact I`m not sure you`re aware of and maybe I took it for granted you were , in that the reason you`re experiencing your indica dominant plants bush out instead of acting single cola under normal horizontal light conditions , is because with bare bulbs used BEFORE goin in with the big lights , the plants only grow sideways toward the light stimuli , and they very rarely experience much if any vertical growth at all during stretch once they go in with the big lights after bein flipped 12 / 12.......and why ?.........

Cuz they`re used to the sideways light and only respond accordingly ok ?......That`s why Heath originally from the beginning built his racks with ANGLED shelves to point the tops of the plants directly at the stacked bare bulbs once put in the flip rooms , and that`s also why my racks were built exactly the same way cuz after pre-veggin under T-5`s , they STILL experienced a certain amount of "vertical" stretch with 50 watts per sq ft compared to all but none if I would`ve pre-vegged with bare bulbs and set em on FLAT shelves like a stadium setup once pullin the trigger and flippen em 12 / 12.........I kept wonderin why you constantly spoke of the plants "fillin out" instead of stretchin , and then it hit me......btw.....It was Heath that also turned me onto T-5`s for pre-veggin a buncha smaller plants in cups before transplant......and......

I`ve ALWAYS preached about pre-veggin with horizontal fixtures , either 400 watt MH`s for bigger plants , or T-5`s for increased plant numbers before goin into the flip rooms and I guess I took it for granted everyone knew , and for that I apologize

Never a need for apologies Freds, you were right. I was aware of that. I just needed to get them out from under the t5 so I could put the next wave there. I figured if I vegged them vertically for a week or so before flowering, it would start to branch out sideways as well as upwards...to develop some more budsites... When I saw how the plants in the racks have bushed out as well as up, I decided that there is no benefit in a preflower vert veg. So as soon as my horizontal reflector gets here, today or tomorrow, I'll put the mothers under it and use the entire 9 bulb t5 for stacking nodes/vegging rooted clones as originally planned.

I know many many folks that veg indica dominant plants forever ( up to 6 , 8 even 10 weeks) with bare bulbs cuz they WANT low and wide plants after veggin God awful amounts of time for bigger plants , but they plan for it and give as much as a 5 or 6' square areas and generally use 1K bulb per plant bare bulb or horizontal over head with many many bulbs AND plants in said grow area, but..........We`re not growin bushes OR trees with crazy ass veg times , we`re on perpetual rotations with as little veg time as possible so as to grow increased plant numbers AND eliminate that crazy ass veg time while having more plants ready for the the next rotations to keep the ball rollin for more crops per yr and the availability of product constantly from the room turnovers ok?......

Exactly. I will save the trees with long veg times for my next place. I will have a greenhouse on the roof, and indoor grow in the basement there... I just approved the floor plan Friday... So maybe ready to start construction February-ish.

My old head friends swear by their long veg times and huge ass harveys every 3 months or so , AND they finally took my old ass advice about usin separate veg areas instead of veggin and flowerin in the same spot for more BIG crops per yr instead of tearin it all down at choptime and startin all over again like they were used to , BUT they`ve got "trim crews" to do all the dirty work once all those huge ass plants get took down.......aight.....I think I got my point across , and again I`m sorry for not makin things clear.....Guess I`m gettin Old timer`s disease...lol..........well , maybe a little....anyways.....hopefull y now you get why I`m so damn adamant about usin T-5`s for pre-veg before goin in with the bare bulbs.....AND.....I also never stressed the part of the angled shelves in my racks cuz again I took it for granted everyone knew I mimicked Heath`s setup , only with DTW coco instead of hydroton and more continuous timed feeds.....aight.....gotta go help the old man from down the road feed my cows along with the few pigs and yardbirds I got runnin around.....so......

Take care and get back ta work my buddy......and.....

Peace......DHF......:ying:........

Just for your peace of mind, we have discussed the vegging horizontal in great detail. And you've not forgotten anything. That discussion is the reason I bought the 9 bulb t5 last year. I just had a shit ton of clones rooted, no horizontal reflector for the moms, and no more room under the t5... but these weren't big enough to throw into flower yet... so I came up with this little bridge until I can move the moms... It worked out okay...they have grown up a little as well as out once I raised the vert bulb maybe 2-3' above the donut, but as you said, it is far from ideal.

That notwithstanding, the reflector really should be here today, then I'll add another 64 clones under the t5 and take more cuts, which I will put at least half of straight into coco. The rest in the perlite hempies. If I get anywhere near the results that you did in the coco, then I will use that method permanently. I should also be getting my prefab racks with adjustable shelves in the next couple days... So big things to come....just waiting on deliveries...

Last edited:

swapmeet

Big day today...Finally got my first quad going. I still have a number of plants that are too small, but I have around 85 clones vegging now. Each quad is 32 plants on two shelves. The second two shelves are a second quad...though these racks are a bit bigger than my last ones... I have three waves of clones vegging now. I am hoping that the third wave will be full-sized... the interior square is 3' x 3'... 9 square feet. right now it has a single 315w CMH on a custom stand. When I will the next two shelves, I'll dangle a second one from above. that will make 630w in 9 sf, or 70 w/sf.

When I up potted, I planted the plants into the coco at a 45-degree angle to face them at the bare bulb. I got these racks because they are deep enough to hold a second row of plants on each one... This way I can have back-to-back quads...

So here is quad number 1:

fetch?photoid=17926592.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17926592.jpg Views:	0 Size:	112.5 KB ID:	17926598

Last edited:

swapmeet

Good day today...I finally got the rest of my genetics... It took 4 months to get them, and I thought I got hosed, but they came.

These include:

Super Kush

Glueberry OG

Orange Cookies x Nicole

Purple Ghost Candy

Fuel D. OG

Peyote Gorilla

Critical

Black Domina

Sunset

Girl Scout Cookies

Dos Si Dos 33

Runtz Muffin

Wedding Gelato

Original Skunk

And soon to be Serious Seeds AK 47

swapmeet

I felt like my plants could use some more light, especially from above. The furthest from the bulb that any plant was, is 24". So I added the top light dangling. This gives me more than 50 watts/sq ft. Also, the plants are already loving it...4-5 weeks to go...just finished week 4. Here is the proof:

fetch?photoid=17929623.jpg

fetch?photoid=17929624.jpg

fetch?photoid=17929625.jpg

fetch?photoid=17929626.jpg

swapmeet

I have a few pictures to update as we finish day 31 of flower for the first wave and day 6 of wave 2. Also, I have not taken any pictures, but within 24 hours of planting the new seeds, 3 have already sprouted albeit with helmets on. 1 Peyote Gorilla, 1 Glueberry OG, and 1 Purple Ghost Candy. Here are the pictures:

fetch?photoid=17931381.jpg

fetch?photoid=17931380.jpg

fetch?photoid=17931379.jpg

fetch?photoid=17931377.jpg

fetch?photoid=17931378.jpg

Of course, when I have 20 bulbs on their way here, One blows and I am short... So I ordered one locally and it will be here in a few days. Until then, I've got a crowded situation under the 9 bulb t5 with the mothers. I moved the t8 for the seedlings. So here it is...lol

fetch?photoid=17931376.jpg

packerfan79

Veteran
Really cool to see someone still on the vert. I was a vert guy for years, now I'm just a small tent 2x4 grower.

swapmeet

Really cool to see someone still on the vert. I was a vert guy for years, now I'm just a small tent 2x4 grower.

It has to be the most efficient use of space and light--especially if I can hit my 1 zip/plant goal. I will find the mothers that can do that and keep them. The rest will be flowered. It is all about finding the right size to flip at, which I will do. I have put clones of all sizes in and can now fully understand why DHF put them in so tall. So we will see how it goes. it is just a matter of finding my moms and dialing it in. I will be flowering several mothers in the next week or two to make room for the new ones. I am basically going 16 plants per level, 4 levels with interior dimensions of 3' x 3'. So 64 plants in a 20.25 sq ft footprint with 9 sq ft interior dimensions is hard to beat--especially if I can get my oz per with two lights...I might need a third, but I am trying to do it with 2.

2 lights that are 315w each is 630w in a 9 sq ft area, which is 70w/sq ft. So even if I have to add a third to get the vertical coverage and yield that I want, it will still be 945w presiding over 64 plants. So if I can get my zip per, that is 64 plants times 28g or 1,792g / 945, or 1.9 g/w. If I can get what I want with 2 lights, the g/w gets ridiculous at 1,792g / 630w, or 2.8 g/w. That is efficiency no matter which way, and I don't care about the g/w. All I care about is hitting my zip plus per plant average. in my next quad, I'll raise the bottom shelf up maybe 16" to make things easier for me haha....

swapmeet

So my new bulb came today.... That allowed me to move the moms under a horizontal 315w cmh, and use the entire 4', 9 bulb t5 just to veg rooted clones. I will root the next wave of clones in the side light of that t5 or the sidelight of the mother light, or both. Also, about halfway home on the first wave of 10....they are stackin and frostin up... this next month they can just connect, stack on weight, and swell like a mofo.... hopefully.

I moved the lights such that they are right around 20" or so apart. I moved the top light down, and the bottom light up. I also put the runts that were on the second shelf up to the 4th shelf so that they can get better light. since I'm going to flower about 16 moms, they can go on the second shelf since they are tall enough to feel the top light as well as the bottom. I have the next two waves of 32 each vegging already and I will take clones tonight or in the morning and hopefully get more than enough for three waves from now, which I estimate to be around 40 clones. Then I will give the moms a few days to recover and take off again before I choose the 16 or so to flower.

I have seedlings of the runtz muffin, peyote gorilla, critical, 2 purple ghost candy, a glueberry OG, and a wedding gelato (still helmet head). I also have the last 6 strains I'm buying for this mission...I saved the best for last. 5 strains from serious seeds, and 2 from Humboldt Seed Co.

Serious seeds will be their famous AK 47, Chronic, Serious Happiness, Strawberry AK (AK x Bubblegum), and Serious Kush.

The Humboldt Seed Co strains are Blueberry Muffin and Lemon Grass.

I am highly excited about running all of those strains.

Anyway, here are the pictures:

First, the new mother area:

fetch?photoid=17934655.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17934655.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	17934671

Second is the clone area with clones only. I have since dropped the t5 down even lower:

fetch?photoid=17934654.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17934654.jpg Views:	0 Size:	120.5 KB ID:	17934672

And finally, proof that week 4 is going well, stackin and frostin:

fetch?photoid=17934656.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=17934656.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.7 KB ID:	17934673

packerfan79

Veteran
It has to be the most efficient use of space and light--especially if I can hit my 1 zip/plant goal. I will find the mothers that can do that and keep them. The rest will be flowered. It is all about finding the right size to flip at, which I will do. I have put clones of all sizes in and can now fully understand why DHF put them in so tall. So we will see how it goes. it is just a matter of finding my moms and dialing it in. I will be flowering several mothers in the next week or two to make room for the new ones. I am basically going 16 plants per level, 4 levels with interior dimensions of 3' x 3'. So 64 plants in a 20.25 sq ft footprint with 9 sq ft interior dimensions is hard to beat--especially if I can get my oz per with two lights...I might need a third, but I am trying to do it with 2.

2 lights that are 315w each is 630w in a 9 sq ft area, which is 70w/sq ft. So even if I have to add a third to get the vertical coverage and yield that I want, it will still be 945w presiding over 64 plants. So if I can get my zip per, that is 64 plants times 28g or 1,792g / 945, or 1.9 g/w. If I can get what I want with 2 lights, the g/w gets ridiculous at 1,792g / 630w, or 2.8 g/w. That is efficiency no matter which way, and I don't care about the g/w. All I care about is hitting my zip plus per plant average. in my next quad, I'll raise the bottom shelf up maybe 16" to make things easier for me haha....

I ran donuts with a 1k over a 600, 2 of those, eventually I did a stadium with 4 x 1ks and 125 plants. It was serious workload. Best I ever did was just under 10 pounds with 4 lights. Dhf was one of my inspirations. At one time there was a ton of really talented vert growers here.

Anyway I'll be keeping an eye on it. Keep up the good work

swapmeet

I ran donuts with a 1k over a 600, 2 of those, eventually I did a stadium with 4 x 1ks and 125 plants. It was serious workload. Best I ever did was just under 10 pounds with 4 lights. Dhf was one of my inspirations. At one time there was a ton of really talented vert growers here.

Anyway I'll be keeping an eye on it. Keep up the good work

That's awesome. Yeah, I followed the vert crew years ago with jbonez, aero...etc... but I had a huge grow at the time for my collective in so cal and wasn't going to change my setup for it. Then I revisited it years and years later because I knew I could get good yields...now I have time, I have space, and all the stars have lined up, so I figured fuck it...I want to prove to myself that I could do it well. This is that time...4 weeks till first wave harvest and I have a few behind it to try and dial it in. Any advice or ideas is always welcome here, so don't be shy--and thanks for dropping by....that was a haiku...

DunHav`nFun

Veteran
Hey Bro......Been busy cleanin up storm surge debris and other trashy seaweedy bullshit off the beach property caused by Hurricane Ida......Hadta haul my bobcat down hopefully for the last time to scrape off the back yard and found some hungry 20 yr olds I paid to yard rake all the shit off the beach so the folks rentin the place wouldn`t be grossed out while they paid 2500 a week lol........Back at the farm with the smoker hoonin since yesterday so all # 1 son`s military unit can have a killer with beers and bahbeeqqqqq in thanks for their service ya know........

Fuckin Biden needs a bullet to the forehead for all his ignorance and gettin 13 of our boys killed but that`s another story........aight my rant`s over ......Got 3 more weeks of rentals and then me , the ol lady and the dogs are takin back my fuckin beach house .....till spring break at least that is......hopefully by next summer my new lil crib will be finished across the road and I wont haveta migrate back to the farm anymore , leavin my boy to handle all that shit up north......anyways.....

Been watchin your updates , just really didn`t have much to say since you got all that shit on autopilot it seems.....Hope you like your new racks......AND.......I still don`t see any reflectix behind those plants though , so handle it or be forever sorry for all the lumens lost and not reflected back at them bitches for max returns ya heard ?......:moon:......sooooo......thought I`d drop a post in between checkin buncha pork butts and ribs on da smoker , so keep strokin my buddy.....sooner or later , hopefully sooner you`ll find the harem and bitches you`re lookin for monocroppin and yieldin yer ass off each rotation.....Good luck and stay safe.......

Peace.....DHF.......:ying:........

swapmeet

Hey Bro......Been busy cleanin up storm surge debris and other trashy seaweedy bullshit off the beach property caused by Hurricane Ida......Hadta haul my bobcat down hopefully for the last time to scrape off the back yard and found some hungry 20 yr olds I paid to yard rake all the shit off the beach so the folks rentin the place wouldn`t be grossed out while they paid 2500 a week lol........Back at the farm with the smoker hoonin since yesterday so all # 1 son`s military unit can have a killer with beers and bahbeeqqqqq in thanks for their service ya know........

Fuckin Biden needs a bullet to the forehead for all his ignorance and gettin 13 of our boys killed but that`s another story........aight my rant`s over ......Got 3 more weeks of rentals and then me , the ol lady and the dogs are takin back my fuckin beach house .....till spring break at least that is......hopefully by next summer my new lil crib will be finished across the road and I wont haveta migrate back to the farm anymore , leavin my boy to handle all that shit up north......anyways.....

Been watchin your updates , just really didn`t have much to say since you got all that shit on autopilot it seems.....Hope you like your new racks......AND.......I still don`t see any reflectix behind those plants though , so handle it or be forever sorry for all the lumens lost and not reflected back at them bitches for max returns ya heard ?......:moon:......sooooo......thought I`d drop a post in between checkin buncha pork butts and ribs on da smoker , so keep strokin my buddy.....sooner or later , hopefully sooner you`ll find the harem and bitches you`re lookin for monocroppin and yieldin yer ass off each rotation.....Good luck and stay safe.......

Peace.....DHF.......:ying:........

Hey Brother,

Thanks for stopping by as usual. Yeah Ida was a nasty one. I am glad it didn't get you too bad damage-wise. Always good to take care of our troops, I agree on the bullet placement as well.

yeah, on the reflectix... I need to get on that.... especially now that the racks are set up nicely... I have to try and get that going...

I have my last seed order en route now, and I believe the mother I want is in that group. All serious seeds and Humboldt seed company... I think I mentioned it before... AK 47, Chronic, Serious Happiness, Strawberry AK, and Serious Kush--from Humboldt seed co., It is Blueberry Muffins and Lemon grass...all strains that have big, dense colas and fast flowering times, and are highly potent. So I am optimistic...

Latest posts

Latest posts