What's new

gettin some suspicious emails

J

JackTheGrower

Oh yeah, and I also get some from "Barister such-n-such" from South Africa stating that a dead guy with my last name has no family and they just want to give me his millions that were left behind, and all I have to do is send my bank account information for them to deposit it.

Yeah. I'll get right on that.

I remember one of California's elected officials someplace lost $250,000 to that... They did recover the money but what a lamer to reply.

All those sign in and checks requests are phishing..
My bank calls me in person if there is problem.

I'm also one to keep only a small amount over what I use in the debit/visa linked account.

Mostly I've had problems with not getting what I paid for... Except one time I signed up for a program that was crap but they signed me up for three others that started charging me $14.95 a month each.. One nasty phone call later and they all stopped that.

I just feel sorry for those who fall for logging in to the phish site.

I also remember something about facebook.. I assume I was on facebook site proper and it kept wanting me to give my password to my email account that i used to sign up with.
Needless to say i didn't comply.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Shady sounding. My girl just got hacked and they spent 5 bills on damn makeup LOL. Her bank covered it though.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Drop the e-mail account, and reformat. Also call your credit card companies and banks and keep them up dated on wird activity. Some one is trying to steal enough of your identity to get credit cards in your name, or steal your numbers. Identity theft is a huge problem these days.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Drop the e-mail account, and reformat. Also call your credit card companies and banks and keep them up dated on wird activity. Some one is trying to steal enough of your identity to get credit cards in your name, or steal your numbers. Identity theft is a huge problem these days.
Totally man. I think it can be one of the most destroying crimes to others. I am so glad i grew up paying cash on everything.