What's new

Get Baked and Go Fishing

C

cellardweller

yup, openin day for me here yesterday..caught one lil brownie on an orange Rapala broken-back, and two decent rainbows on inline spinners.. goin back out later this afternoon as well..
:woohoo:
Let The Games Begin!

Molson

Thats the way it goes with trout it seems. Limit in an hour or hours of nothing.

Couldn't of said it better.

fluttering a berkley powerbait down the creek with no weight on it, worked surprisingly well.

Seems like when they ain't hitting anything, powerbait usually does the trick. The neon yellow stuff seems to work the best for me.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
yup, openin day for me here yesterday..caught one lil brownie on an orange Rapala broken-back, and two decent rainbows on inline spinners.. goin back out later this afternoon as well..
:woohoo:
Let The Games Begin!
i did not know you fish.... we'll have to get out one of these days now for sure.

C

cellardweller

man, kony..
when I was a teenager, I would fish over 200 days a year. I kept that up till just a few years ago, and I just dont do to much ice fishin anymore. Not that Im opposed to it, my joints just can't take it!
Now, I'll fish everyday from now until Oct or so..although in mid-summer it's more for striper and blue with a couple tuna runs in there too.
heres to good weather n tight lines!

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
man, kony..
when I was a teenager, I would fish over 200 days a year. I kept that up till just a few years ago, and I just dont do to much ice fishin anymore. Not that Im opposed to it, my joints just can't take it!
Now, I'll fish everyday from now until Oct or so..although in mid-summer it's more for striper and blue with a couple tuna runs in there too.
heres to good weather n tight lines!

I once had a job down south that entailed "security"/locking up for a neighborhoods clubhouse/tennis courts, pool and private fishing lake....

I fished that summer 4-5 days a week and got paid for it.

That neighborhood stocked the lake with bass 2x prior to me working there, one time was ~3 years prior, and the other was ~5 years. The pay wasn't shiat, but the job responsibilites were non existant, and they stocked the lake 2x and don't allow public fishing.

I remember one time one giant largemouth swallowed my damn Rappala while I was fishing at sunset (i used to work 5-9). In a freak panic of not knowing what to do, i let the fish swim back out into some deeper water, set my pole down and ran back to my car for the pliers. Got back and thankfully he was still there, I reeled his ass in one more time. Unhooked him and gently put him back in the water, where he was unresponsive. I shook him back in worth a bit so water went in his mouth and he slowly came too and swam away.

Those damn lures are expensive. But then again i have used them from the midwest, to the dirty south to vermont and caught fish everywhere in between.

I've also done a shiaton of saltwater fishing, almost all shallow water for snook, tarpon and trout. Although there is always a soft spot in my heart for some deep sea Grouper or Red's

Also Ice fished when I was younger yearly with my dad.

The gf and I will be fishing at our first camping trip the first weekend of May, although I think I might go start hitting up these local lakes to me sooner.

Can someone clear something up for me.... i'm sure i could use google, but what species of fish is a Blue gill? We used to catch these fish in the midwest every summer all the time with tiny wax worms close to shore. I've said this term to friends down south, and now here in New england and no one knows what it is.... granted I haven't asked more than a few ppl.

I can't remember what my friends used to call them in Florida.

J

Just a nice guy

Baby JaWs

Baby JaWs

Hey, Just saw this thread, had to post real quick......

We are ALWAYS high as hell when we fish, and often drunk..... Our favorite is deep sea fishing with friends back east, catch tuna, mahi, wahoo, all kinds of fun shit.... one time even a great white....
picture.php

WOw, fucking intense when you just puffed a fat join of diesel....
Let him go as per federal law...$25,000 fine for some dude out of our marina a few years ago.....

MoeBudz^420

Veteran
King of NY: Bluegill are a type of sunfish, I imagine the name you heard them called in the south was "brim"...

Peace

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
holy shit, I didn't realize the teeth were actually that crazy. I am now scared of sharks.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Just waiting for a good weekends weather to tie in with a free weekend for me, but no doubt I'll be out there again within a few weeks. Have already missed some great fishing days because I've been busy doing other shit!

Out to all my UK anglers waiting for the sun to shine..

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One of my best friends who is a much better fly fisher than me figured he catches fish better in the middle of the day, of he wears a sky blue shirt. The fish dont see his outline when they look up.

nottech

Any fishermen out there? I think fishing and weed go well together. When I'm stoned and fishing it seems to help me to focus and think like a fish. I'd love to hear your stoned fishing experiences. Here's a nice trout I caught the other day.

That trout looks very very nice.

Yeah I too fish. In fact I love fishing. Alone, with my joints.
I'm trying to master the flyfishing but it's not as easy as it looks :p
Also i enjoy deep-sea fishing with bait, surfcasting with bait, etc.

My car is usually packed up with fishing gear 24/7. just in case i want to stop somewhere and make a couple of casts, etc. Love living by the ocean :)

Styles P

i love bass fishing. i went out yesterday and in 2 hours i caught 5 3-5 pound bass and 2 3 pound crappie. nothing more relaxing then standing around a lake drinking a few cold ones and fishing. god i love this time of the year. btw what kind of bait are you guys using? i usually use
Watermelon%20Gold%20Flk%20TS116.jpg

hansel

Lost In The Forest
ICMag Donor
I bet that one gave a good fight.

That reminds me it is time for Smelt fishing.

I used to do that alot with my father when he was alive but I haven't gone in about 15 years.

Milliken Station is great for Smelt, but can be dangerous too with that power plant water discharge.

Latest posts

Latest posts