What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Baked and Go Fishing

Thank god I found this thread. Haha.

This describes my life. I go to school for wildlife & conservation and fisheries biology. I have done alot of fish studies around here and even some reptile studies.

I'll definitely get some pics up when i can of my catches.. Waiting for the ice to clear here. I did a few ice outings this year but mainly small fish, crappie, some walleyes, etc..

Wait til spring, huge 15lb wipers and 60lb flatties.. i cant wait..

Subscribed.. !

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
Here is me King fish. Quite a fiesty bugger. I called it Britney ( Britney Speared ). One big wet fish. It weight in at about 42 Lbs.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been dining on fresh walleye this week,
my friends house is set up on a hot spot, oh,
that'd be ice fishing if ya didn't already know.......

HookaHittaH

Glad to see a thread on Fishing on IC. I've been fishing my whole life. Smoking and Fishing go hand in hand. I always try to make sure I have my pole set up and in the water prior to toking though. Sometimes it makes you want to fish longer cus your just chilln stoned. Nothing more relaxing than being baked and waiting for a fish. Sometimes when its a nice sunny day you can get some solar hits in as well...haha. Heres a few pics. One is a 30 inch catfish i caught 2 years ago. Personal best for catfish. The other is just a nice scenic shot.

C

cellardweller

nice cat Hookah! I once caught a blue channel cat on a peanut M&M in a farm pond..:fsu:

damn thats a mess a perch too Zathir..

1ManGrow

Went saltwater about 3 weeks ago off a dock and caught this Snook (out of season so I had to throw him back)..

This is from a trip out on the boat 2 weeks ago ( Loggerhead )He made it back safely after we got the hook out..Was going to just cut the line but did not want it to tangle on anything and kill the logger..

Little cold this week but hope to go out this weekend...

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Only just spotted this thread.

There aren't many finer things in life than a warm summer's day with a bag of high grade & some fishing. Personally as I live in the UK, in the summer I target Carp & Tench, and in the winter Perch & Pike.

My favourite is probably picking off carp from the surface on a warm day using floating bread crust or dog biscuits, spliff in mouth.

CAN'T WAIT FOR SUMMER!

RandyMarsh

God damn. Reading this thread just makes me eager for summer. Never been much into ice-fishing so I usually pack everything up over winter. I'll agree with what many others have said here though: Weed + Fishing = Epic Day.

1ManGrow

God damn. Reading this thread just makes me eager for summer. Never been much into ice-fishing so I usually pack everything up over winter. I'll agree with what many others have said here though: Weed + Fishing = Epic Day.

That is what is nice about down down south..It just now got cold 40's but should be back to the 70' low 80's by Saturday or Sunday...So we should get out for some Red fish,Red snapper,Grouper,Speckle Trout and maybe a snook even though they are out of season...

I just like going on my buddies boat, throwing a line, then kicking back and smoking..

A

arcticsun

oh nice to see this thread, its been a while since i saw the smoking and fishing thread. was actually thinking about making a social group about smoking and fishing. but i cant because i already administrate a social group. someone do that and invite everyone in this thread pls :D

im all into troutfishing, got great troutwaters all around me here.

some shots from troutfishing in arctic scandinavia.

seatrout
65642Tromvikvannet_-_18.JPG

View image in gallery

brown trout

arctic mountain trout. see these look almost like seatrout because of the clear mountain water they dont take the brown color but these have never seen the sea. the 2 with the red fins are arctic charr.

random shots from northern scandinavia. scenery in the midnight sun

traditional cold smoke oven. smoked salmon.

A

arcticsun

this thread is amazing, ive given out too much rep, sry those that didnt get any hehe. so many beutiful pics, insane. keep em coming guys.

:wave:

im fully dreaming about deep sea tuna fishing in warmer waters atm :D

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
nothing beats a good day on the river with good buds.

Attachments

• pinders 058.jpg
    pinders 058.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 19
A

arcticsun

salmon or trout johnnyhash? where did you catch it?

beauuuutiful fish :D

1ManGrow

Going saltwater today so I hope to catch something else to share..

:joint:
fishing.gif
Either way I will be high and fishing..
fishing.gif
:joint:

Growler

Hey guys. Just found this thread. I used to fish, until i was 14 and had to get a license. It has been a while since i have, and i am always looking for more stuff to get out of the house (being engaged still has its learning curve in dealing with each other). Any who, could anyone point me in the right direction to start fishing again, pertaining to tackle, bait, etc. for bass/trout? I have a few creeks and rivers around me that are stocked with trout by the state, and a few lakes with large mouth within a 10 minute drive of my house.

I need the whole kit and caboodle, rod, reel, bait etc. Any have any suggestions on where to start looking?

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
I cant wait till Spring/Summer time so I can goto my place in Mt Pocono an do some fishing.. I know some good trout streams and some nice lakes too..