What's new

Germinating seeds

4herbs

Many people buy very expensive seeds from seed banks,but in exchange get a poor germination rate!I have been experimenting with seed germination and found out a way to succesfully germinate your seeds that dont pop out by them self...if you are interested ask how and i will explain the procedure,I am sure there are some of you who got some ungermed expensive seeds and got nothing to lose if you try to do it my way...

4herbs

Go on.........................
Listen carefully,i bought my self some greenhouse lemon skunk and the church seeds,and lemon skunk germination is 10/10 but the church was 6/10 so i thought wtf???man I payed for those seeds and i want them to germinate as well so i did something that i was planing to do for a while with seeds that dont germinate,I cracked their shells gently and took out the inside of the seeds,or i dont know how to say it,the fetus of the seed...(the little white thing inside the seed before it pops out)and put it inside jiffy pelets and i did that with 3 seeds that didnt germed, and they are al growing now perfectly and amazingly fast,yesterday i putted them inside jiffys and today they have a fat and large sprout and i have pics of the whole procedure!This can help alot of people dont you think???

weedster

good technic, but ya'll got to be careful not to demage the "fetus :p", i will try this on my ak47xskunkdc cuz they just won't germinate. ty

peace:smoke:

M

MEDI-EVIL

thanks 4 the heads up on that 4herbs.
im off yo try it now thanks bro.

me.

4herbs

good technic, but ya'll got to be careful not to demage the "fetus :p", i will try this on my ak47xskunkdc cuz they just won't germinate. ty

yes just be careful and remember i putted them in jiffys and on a heating pad on like 23 celzius so the jiffy are nice a warm!here are the pics!on the firs picture are the three the church seeds that didnt germinated,on the second picture is the shell cracked "plant fetus" on the third and the fourth are the pics of 24 hours later inside jiffys fully sprouted seed,only withouth the shell!sorry i didnt posted all of the three sprouts for u to see but i will if you dont believe!What do you people think about this method,I think it can help alot of people whoi have poor germination rates from expensive seeds!!!please comment

Attachments

• Fotografija 0158.jpg
    Fotografija 0158.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Fotografija 0159.jpg
    Fotografija 0159.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 11

4herbs

Sorry here are the pics of the sprouts I got too excited and forgot to upload the sprouts,can anyone suggest this to be putted as sticky or something so more and more people can know about this method and sucesfully germinate their seeds!
here are the sprouts 24 hours later...as you can see they are really going fast so I am really happy if all of you good people who pay for their seeds can germinate them my way if they dont pop out by them self!

Attachments

• Fotografija 0160.jpg
    Fotografija 0160.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Fotografija 0161.jpg
    Fotografija 0161.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 12

4herbs

and yea be sure that the "fetus" is viable and not dryed out or something it needs to be pure white with a little green skin all over it...:smile:

nephilthim

throw them in water in a glass .my master og pre 98 bubbah og all cracked within 2 days .my biggest prob after transplanting is legginess from not enough soft light didn't want to throw them under 600 1st thing.my 1st transplant I potted em all the way up to first set of leaves so they are looking good now.suggest you bury the legginess if your seedling get to stretched.:joint:

4herbs

Yooooo man wtf???

Yooooo man wtf???

throw them in water in a glass .my master og pre 98 bubbah og all cracked within 2 days .my biggest prob after transplanting is legginess from not enough soft light didn't want to throw them under 600 1st thing.my 1st transplant I potted em all the way up to first set of leaves so they are looking good now.suggest you bury the legginess if your seedling get to stretched.:joint:
You clearly dont understand what are we talking about here???Not the seeds that will pop out by them self,but the one that you can save and that just wont germinate...what dont you understand to be posting such a stupid post???I m betting more than one third of the people has tryed the (put the seeds in the glass of water) method and did not germinated all of the seeds!am I right?

4herbs

great topic 4herbs, i think more seed will germinate now in everybodys box xD
Thanks man i am really looking forward to people starting to realize how will this thread help them with their expensive seeds that have a shitty germinating ratio...If anyone needs any more details please ask!:bis:

nephilthim

You clearly dont understand what are we talking about here???Not the seeds that will pop out by them self,but the one that you can save and that just wont germinate...what dont you understand to be posting such a stupid post???I m betting more than one third of the people has tryed the (put the seeds in the glass of water) method and did not germinated all of the seeds!am I right?
:fsu:
there is no stupid posts only stupid people:moon:,and nothing made mention of your wish to exclude others from making comments ?some people put them in a towel and wet em down some plant em in coco.not everyone knows or puts their beans in tap water or r/o water.and no you are wrong!i got 100 percent success rate in water.
furthermore your grammar and prose indicates that you are clearly unarticulated and lacking the ability to express yourself without redundancies:noway:,so your the 1st troll to make my permanent ignore list
good day dweeblet.:yeahthats:nanana:

weedster

You clearly dont understand what are we talking about here???Not the seeds that will pop out by them self,but the one that you can save and that just wont germinate

but u are correct there are only stupid peoples. So read again and try answer it properly.
and yeah maybe u got 100% success with good seeds, but the topic is about bringing alive not soo good seeds.

PS who give's a shit about your ignore list :nanana:

4herbs

but u are correct there are only stupid peoples. So read again and try answer it properly.
and yeah maybe u got 100% success with good seeds, but the topic is about bringing alive not soo good seeds.

PS who give's a shit about your ignore list :nanana:
Sorry if I offended you in ny kind of way,these seeds were not good,they just would not germinate and all the others germinated in 2 days,i waited and waited and freaked out,i said man i fuckin payed for those seeds,they look good,why wont they germinate,so i cracked them and putted them in jiffy on a heating mad so they started growing out,I didnt think it will happen but it happened...And i had plenty times before that a seed looks dark and healthy but just wont germinate so i think that maybe i could have saved him and still get a plant from it,sorry i am not ignoring anyone or anything,but I am really glad about my findings and you started talking like if the seed is good it will germ only if you crack the shell and stuff and i really tryed that before,you can see if the seeds are good only by opening them and looking inside,even good seed that could germ will not germ every time!!!Trust me on that i will post pictures of the seeds i would throw in the garbage if i didnt tryed out this method,and when they grow out you will see that I am just trying to help people,I saw many threads about poor germinating of seeds,especially greenhouse seeds,maybe this is their ticket to still getting 10/10 plants every time...peace man Dont get offended or anything:joint:

4herbs

:fsu:
there is no stupid posts only stupid people:moon:,and nothing made mention of your wish to exclude others from making comments ?some people put them in a towel and wet em down some plant em in coco.not everyone knows or puts their beans in tap water or r/o water.and no you are wrong!i got 100 percent success rate in water.
furthermore your grammar and prose indicates that you are clearly unarticulated and lacking the ability to express yourself without redundancies:noway:,so your the 1st troll to make my permanent ignore list
good day dweeblet.:yeahthats:nanana:
Sorry i posted the wrong guy,You are one unhappy person,I am really glad you have 100% success rate,that means you know what you are doing,or really having some great seeds "Miracle seeds" like my lemon skunk 10/10 germination rate but there are people who buy a pack of "high quality seeds" and only get like 3/10 germinations and this thread is meant for them and not you who have 100% success rate,I am not trolling in my own thread and plz dont be a hater over such a stupid reason and by the way I am from croatia so I dont know english like you and excuse me for my grammary and unarticulations:moon:

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Geeze.... don't have a stroke.

You'll find it easier to get them out of their hulls without damage, if you soak them in water for 24 hours first.

At this point you should be able to easily crack the hull by pinching the end of the seed with a pair of tweezers. (Practice on bagseed if you can)

Once cracked, use a paperclip with a flattened end or some other small, thin flat object. Gently insert it between the hulls and twist to separate the hull halves.

Drop the bare embryo into the peat/coco/rockwool/soil and you're off.

You can also save yourself some trouble by just soaking for 24hrs and popping them into your grow medium. Any that don't pop in 24 hours just dig them up and crack them open before reburying them.

I get nearly 100% sprouts with regular seed and a much higher success ratio with overheated and damaged seeds this way.

4herbs

Geeze.... don't have a stroke.

You'll find it easier to get them out of their hulls without damage, if you soak them in water for 24 hours first.

At this point you should be able to easily crack the hull by pinching the end of the seed with a pair of tweezers. (Practice on bagseed if you can)

Once cracked, use a paperclip with a flattened end or some other small, thin flat object. Gently insert it between the hulls and twist to separate the hull halves.

Drop the bare embryo into the peat/coco/rockwool/soil and you're off.

You can also save yourself some trouble by just soaking for 24hrs and popping them into your grow medium. Any that don't pop in 24 hours just dig them up and crack them open before reburying them.

I get nearly 100% sprouts with regular seed and a much higher success ratio with overheated and damaged seeds this way.

Yes man thank you for telling the simplest method i have ever seen,you know how many people complain how they cant germinate or getting bad seeds from seed companyes,i have found out that you can still get a plant from a seed that wont germinate by itself,and you just explained it the best way i saw!I ussualy crck them in my teeths hehe,i find it a very precise and gentle method of cracking a seed,you can control it very good!thank you man for commenting,be sure to come by some times on this thread to see the pictures i ll be posting!:wave:

N

nekoloving

but is it really a good thing to keep these is my question. isnt this nature's normal way of saying `you ma'am and you ma'am and you sir CANNOT breed DIE DIE DIE` ? and so introduce more instabilities into the genetics [this would only be a concern if you kept a mom]?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
but is it really a good thing to keep these is my question. isnt this nature's normal way of saying `you ma'am and you ma'am and you sir CANNOT breed DIE DIE DIE` ? and so introduce more instabilities into the genetics [this would only be a concern if you kept a mom]?
I had 5 heat damaged C-99 seeds. You bet your sweet ass I babied the only seedling that made it. She's gorgeous. :D

As for regular seeds? I plant them in soil or peat-coco. If it doesn't come up I don't sweat it. Survival of the fittest.

I had 5 Femmed Ice Princess X Sour Diesel seeds and those little babies were barely restrained by their hulls. 24hr soak, popped them in peat pucks and less than 12hrs later they had a 1" seedling. They were really big fat seeds though. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts