What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Germany to legalize cannabis

mme_oscar

You know, this AFD party has been on the news in other countries too. The BBC has mentioned them and it was NOT positive. They were just a bit of a nuisance at first but these days they seem to have become more dangerous. It´s kinda scary and similar things have been going on other countries too! What the hell is happening to europe - again!?! We already have another war going on and I really don´t want another!

Sadly it's not only Europe... Far right and populism is rising worldwide...

mme_oscar

Hallo fellows from Germany!

So at the end is the 15% of THC limit still a thing?

According to what I understand, I find the making of your law quite interesting. Describing and banning a lot of synthetics or converted cannabinoids is a good idea.

Regarding people complaining about the amount allowed Vs the plant count, I'd like to say laws aren't strictly enforced all the time. However, giving a frame to avoid nuisances is quite cool.

Maybe you'll avoid what happened in Nl or even in Spain. I mean, there was some abuses and everything went off.

Cuddles

Hallo fellows from Germany!

So at the end is the 15% of THC limit still a thing?

According to what I understand, I find the making of your law quite interesting. Describing and banning a lot of synthetics or converted cannabinoids is a good idea.

Regarding people complaining about the amount allowed Vs the plant count, I'd like to say laws aren't strictly enforced all the time. However, giving a frame to avoid nuisances is quite cool.

Maybe you'll avoid what happened in Nl or even in Spain. I mean, there was some abuses and everything went off.
what happened in Northern Ireland and Spain?

As for Germany, well hopes have been going up and down like a rollercoaster. But 3 legal plants are still better than getting sentenced for a few grams , right?
Still, it´s a blow to those who were hoping to go into business I guess. Those who are against it are ignoring the economic benefits legalization can bring. It can be a new industry and new jobs, services... but those in charge don´t care.
Not just in Germany but pretty much all countries who still put people in jail because of weed.
Nothing much us ordinary people can do about it unless people are willing to educate themselves on the subject.

mme_oscar

I was thinking Nl, as Nederland... People that just don't behave when high, constant offers around (Ie other drugs)... Laws not well thought enough (IE supply chain in Nederland)... I have been growing my own long enough that I have never really been a narcotourist anywhere... But I just couldn't stand living somewhere with this kind of shit around... I'd say I'm liberal about drugS but I tend to behave no matter what...

Cuddles

I was thinking Nl, as Nederland... People that just don't behave when high, constant offers around (Ie other drugs)... Laws not well thought enough (IE supply chain in Nederland)... I have been growing my own long enough that I have never really been a narcotourist anywhere... But I just couldn't stand living somewhere with this kind of shit around... I'd say I'm liberal about drugS but I tend to behave no matter what...
Oh, NL not NI ;) Well, the dutch government has been coming down hard these past few years from what I keep hearing. Much tougher than it used to be. Too bad it includes cannabis though.

People abusing substances and behaving badly.... but what would life be without any pubs? :biggrin:
I don´t think I recall anybody behaving badly after toking though! ;)

Hasch

learning and laughing
Well, the dutch government has been coming down hard these past few years from what I keep hearing.

I don´t think I recall anybody behaving badly after toking though!
In my eyes alcohol is the vice the Dutch government should restrict in Amsterdam.

In my experience no one misbehaves drastically when only smoking weed. Just laughter, maybe some stumbeling or staying in place feeling too "heavy" to move.

No fighting or bothering other people when high...

But alcohol generats a lot of tax income for the government...

mme_oscar

Notice the cap S... I wasn't thinking about weed only. I'm all up to disconnect... Wouldn't love to live somewhere between pukes and pushers all year long.
Last time I was in Amsterdam I didn't enjoy that much vitrines becoming hip designer shop either...

Cuddles

Notice the cap S... I wasn't thinking about weed only. I'm all up to disconnect... Wouldn't love to live somewhere between pukes and pushers all year long.
Last time I was in Amsterdam I didn't enjoy that much vitrines becoming hip designer shop either...
this has just reminded me of Carnaby Street by the late 90´s . :(

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Great news!

The details . . . from Business of Cannabis

"Germany’s Bundesrat (Federal Council) has voted to pass the CanG bill without calling in a mediation committee, meaning the law should come into effect on April 1, 2024.
In perhaps the most important vote on cannabis liberalisation in European history, the German Bundesrat made its decision this morning on whether to pass the CanG bill, or send it to the mediation committee, where it was widely expected never to emerge.
The bill will legalise the possession of up to 25 grams of cannabis for adult-use. It will also enable citizens to grow up to three cannabis plants at home and have up to 50 grams of cannabis flower on their property. Cannabis cultivation associations would also be legalised, while public consumption will be allowed, though strict rules remain around where this is acceptable.
Crucially, the bill will also remove cannabis from the list of narcotics, a change widely expected to have a significant impact on the country’s already thriving medical cannabis market."

Hasch

learning and laughing
1711107139951.png

Cuddles

It's done..it's gone through the BUNDESRAT!!! Congratulations!!!

the other week, it was already dark outside I was walking along the pavement and this really young guy was walking in my direction. I could see that he was smoking but then as we passed each other I noticed a very familiar smell. yep, he was toking
:biggrin:

I bet you anything that people in Germany will be having lots of these types of encounters very, very soon!
:biglaugh:

....the little bugger didn´t me offer any btw :(

Cuddles

I mixed up... Learnt Deutsch in school then lived in Belgium...I've been working in Zurich lately... You should hear me speaking I'm confusing :D
I was raised speaking 2 languages too. As did some of my friends. Using 2 languages in the same sentence happens to me frequently. and mixing works fine just as long as the other person knows both too :giggle:

but if they don´t then others look at me just like my dog used to when she was trying to figure out what the hell I was trying to say --- confusion!!! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Latest posts