What's new

Germany is legalising recreational Cannabis

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Evening everyone,
Maybe you've heard about it: Germany's new governement has announced they will be legalising recreational cannabis.
Timeline is most likely end of 2022 or beginning of 2023.
It is not clear yet what the framework will look like but it is very likely not to favor the smaller "boutique" growers of top shelf cannabis but bigger corporations who are getting ready as I type this I assume. Only counterweight to those could be
companies who are already in business in other legal markets I think.
Anyways, anyone who is already an active player in the legal marijuana business in interested in branching out into Germany?
I'd be keen to exchange and talk possibilities and opportunities (I'm a German national).
Then again, I'm probably too late and you're all set already ;-)

Take care and best,
CC

LetsGrowBud

Evening everyone,
Maybe you've heard about it: Germany's new governement has announced they will be legalising recreational cannabis.
Timeline is most likely end of 2022 or beginning of 2023.
It is not clear yet what the framework will look like but it is very likely not to favor the smaller "boutique" growers of top shelf cannabis but bigger corporations who are getting ready as I type this I assume. Only counterweight to those could be
companies who are already in business in other legal markets I think.
Anyways, anyone who is already an active player in the legal marijuana business in interested in branching out into Germany?
I'd be keen to exchange and talk possibilities and opportunities (I'm a German national).
Then again, I'm probably too late and you're all set already ;-)

Take care and best,
CC

Let me know when you start and I will help. :-D no joking. I would love to assist on a professional grow.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey Chevy cHaze i have a friend who, for the last couple of years, has been growing in a warehouse in Greece for the German medical market. They require the buds to be a quite specific % THC band... no higher or lower than what is specified. I think it was all a bit messed up by covid, but i will be speaking with him soon and find out what is going on. I'll keep you posted there may be an angle or two.
VG

Cuddles

hey Chevy cHaze i have a friend who, for the last couple of years, has been growing in a warehouse in Greece for the German medical market. They require the buds to be a quite specific % THC band... no higher or lower than what is specified. I think it was all a bit messed up by covid, but i will be speaking with him soon and find out what is going on. I'll keep you posted there may be an angle or two.
VG

the most important thing will be that people can grow their own isn´t it :) And if this happens, which I honestly don´ t believe, who´s gonna check? Weed sold in shops will probably be weak... not to mention overpriced.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is Great News.

I wonder how long before somebody comes up with an Hitler OG? :biggrin:

It exists! Go watch the french movie "La Beuse", it's a bout some friends who come accross some secret nazi stash of weed in an old WW2 bunker and it's the shit !!! Great movie hahaha

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
VG

I'd be keen Sir!
Not sure if warehouse weed can be sold into the German medical market though as they have super high, pharma like cleanliness standards. There are licenses for medical production in Germany for only a couple tons of product and the rest is imported from the Netherlands and Canada as far as I know. I looked into this when they announced the start of medical a couple years ago and the requirements were simply laughable. Before being able to apply for a license, you had to be able to show a fully and ready facility including personnel screeneed for clean criminal records and high security prison surveillance equipment. Would have been an invest of roundabout €2.5mio and that does not guarantee you anything, it's just so you can apply. we all know where this is going, big corporation style...
But who knows maybe the Durch and Canadian companies have subsidiaries in Greece!
Anyways, super exciting times, although I have to agree with Cuddles that it's not likely they'll allow us to grow our own...
Also, the Germans are know to over-regulate just about anything...
My main point is that only someone who is already in the legal business somewhere will be able to shoulder the requirements and have a shot. A single private grower will not stand a chance I fear but someone has to push back on big corps ruling this market alone!

CC

Cuddles

It exists! Go watch the french movie "La Beuse", it's a bout some friends who come accross some secret nazi stash of weed in an old WW2 bunker and it's the shit !!! Great movie hahaha

sounds cool, do you remember who´s in it and is it a well made movie? I´m gonna google it or check imdb :) maybe I can download it sometime
I do recall the film with Brenda Blethyn where she becomes a secret grower, lol

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i agree with cuddles too.. but was answering your question.. The guy certainly had big backing.. i'll find out whats going on. Last time i heard from him he sent me a photo of him smelling some plant in the middle of a massive warehouse full of weed !
VG

Cuddles

i agree with cuddles too.. but was answering your question.. The guy certainly had big backing.. i'll find out whats going on. Last time i heard from him he sent me a photo of him smelling some plant in the middle of a massive warehouse full of weed !
VG

was this the guy who was / is on this forum? I do recall someone posting about starting a business and it had to do something with Greece..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
was this the guy who was / is on this forum? I do recall someone posting about starting a business and it had to do something with Greece..

No, he's a good friend of mine from Uni. He's been working on being 'legal' within the canna biz for a few years now and has some fairly big backers. I have always kept a bit of distance from him because his has much bigger balls than me and a much different approach.. which always made me nervous lol.

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds cool, do you remember who´s in it and is it a well made movie? I´m gonna google it or check imdb :) maybe I can download it sometime
I do recall the film with Brenda Blethyn where she becomes a secret grower, lol

No idea who the guys are are, it's a french movie from 20 years ago, but extremely funny. Just noticed it's spelled LA BEUZE. Def worth watching, search for the name on the interwebs.
CC

Cuddles

No idea who the guys are are, it's a french movie from 20 years ago, but extremely funny. Just noticed it's spelled LA BEUZE. Def worth watching, search for the name on the interwebs.
CC

cheers, I looked on the site where I usually download TV stuff from but no luck. But since weed has been on the news lately they might show it within the next 18 months or so , who knows? ;)

Chevy cHaze

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How were other countries treating cannabis growing on the brink of legalisation?
I think it will take some more time for Germany to really do it... with covid around I figure the government's bandwidth is somewhat limited.
Question right now would be, have other countries started to ignore home growing as a result of legalistion being just around the corner or have they cracked down on growers instead???
Wondering whether it's time to finally fire up that warehouse hahaha
CC

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Many countries publish their judicial guidelines, though you need to look. Where the judge falls within the guidance can vary, and the police force in question, even more so. My next county can't be bothered with a home grow, unless it's a nuisance. They put it down to fund allocation. My counties police tend to want a conviction if they spend any money, and lay it on thick to get it through the intermediary that decides if it's worth prosecuting.

People were once released on bail, and could remain so for over a year in many cases. The courts didn't like it, and so passed a law that bail was 12 months max, or dismissed. The police stopped bailing people and made up a new category of released pending inquiries. Even though non need making in many cases. The courts proper got their backs up, and wanted this sorted, but lockdown struck. The police are basically holding people on this reworded bail for a couple of years, which is itself a sentence for many. While court guidance might be to suspend a sentence for 2 years, the police are adding 2 more essentially. The courts are not happy. Sometimes, letting people walk out having suffered enough. Like having served a suspended sentence. While other judges like having the option to ignore these 2 served and give all they can. Human nature is a big player in sentencing. With one county not wanting to bother, thinking it will be legal before long anyway. While the next county force holds you 2 years, then lays it on thick to be sure it gets heard, and the judge then gets a tainted image and might be having a bad day.

Generally as a first offence, a small enterprise in someones spare room will see them get 18 months, only served if they do it again in the next two years, after having waited two years. So it's 4 years out of action. Then you may risk a second offense. You are looking at 3 years though, if you do the same again, straight away.

UK