What's new

George Floyd killing

Gry

Veteran
We live in a country haunted by an unreconciled past.
One of the more disturbing comparisons I never
enjoyed making involves comparing our police
with those of other modern societies.
Reconciliation need not be a terrible fate.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Mass media, unimaginable greed, inequality and corruption never could have been foreseen by the founding fathers. We have a problem.

They put trump in the underground bunker (aka weasel hole) again last night.

h.h.

Veteran
Mass media, unimaginable greed, inequality and corruption never could have been foreseen by the founding fathers. We have a problem.

TrumpPussy

h.h.

Veteran
I suspect it must be foreigners mostly weighing in that someone should have stopped the police. You try that with American cops and they'll kill you too(white or not). They're heavily armed and encouraged to kill rather than take any risks whatsoever. Just try to even film the cops with them aware of it and they might kill you. American cops are damn near completely unaccountable with regard to how they treat the poor.

Battled with a few cops. I’m still alive. I have nothing against most of them.

St. Phatty

his very one-sided conversation with George Floyd's brother, just one more example.

the MAGA's really know how to pick them.

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategori...p-didnt-give-me-an-opportunity-to-even-speak/

Asked specifically about the conversation with Trump, Floyd said, “It was so fast, he didn’t give me an opportunity to even speak.”

of course the fault is shared. the Dem's picked a candidate that could only help put Trump in the Orange House. (HRC)

But now the Dem's have repeated that same mistake. (Biden)

knucklehead bob

Veteran
A large part of the problem is that people are not aware of what POLICE are actually responsible for . Well they ain't here to "Protect and Serve" you or me . < Not so Fun Facts > PIGS have been killing people for a long long time !

The Police are Not Required to Protect You

“To Protect and to Serve[1]” – the ubiquitous creed emblazoned across millions of police cars throughout Los Angeles and indeed the United States. This motto is consistent with the common belief that police officers as well as other law enforcement officers are here to protect us. After all, we are all taught to dial 9-1-1 when we need help. Subject to narrow exceptions[2], the United States Constitution does not require law enforcement officers to protect you from other people, according to the U.S. Supreme Court. This notion contradicts our engrained perceptions, but it’s still the law today.

— By Keobopha Keopong, Esq., Barnes Law

https://www.barneslawllp.com/blog/police-not-required-protect

When Police Do Not Protect, the Supreme Court Is on Their Side

The school shooting in Parkland, Florida, has spawned the usual gun debate that will, as with each tragedy before, fizzle having accomplished nothing. While the initial outrage followed the typical script, it didn’t take long for law enforcement to come under well-deserved scrutiny. A number of mistakes was made leading up to the shooting, and it is probably time we asked whether we expect too much from the police and FBI in these sorts of cases.

https://www.insidesources.com/police-not-protect-supreme-court-side/

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

Another very large part of the problem is that most people are completely oblivious to their roots in the good ol' USA .

How the U.S. Got Its Police Force

t would be easy to think that the police officer is a figure who has existed since the beginning of civilization. That’s the idea on display in the proclamation from President John F. Kennedy on the dedication of the week of May 15 as “National Police Week,” in which he noted that law-enforcement officers had been protecting Americans since the nation’s birth.

In fact, the U.S. police force is a relatively modern invention, sparked by changing notions of public order, driven in turn by economics and politics, according to Gary Potter, a crime historian at Eastern Kentucky University.

https://time.com/4779112/police-history-origins/

A Brief History of Slavery and the Origins of American Policing

The birth and development of the American police can be traced to a multitude of historical, legal and political-economic conditions. The institution of slavery and the control of minorities, however, were two of the more formidable historic features of American society shaping early policing. Slave patrols and Night Watches, which later became modern police departments, were both designed to control the behaviors of minorities. For example, New England settlers appointed Indian Constables to police Native Americans (National Constable Association, 1995), the St. Louis police were founded to protect residents from Native Americans in that frontier city, and many southern police departments began as slave patrols. In 1704, the colony of Carolina developed the nation's first slave patrol. Slave patrols helped to maintain the economic order and to assist the wealthy landowners in recovering and punishing slaves who essentially were considered property.

https://plsonline.eku.edu/insidelook/brief-history-slavery-and-origins-american-policing

:tiphat:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Cops have a "Us vs Them" mentality when it comes to us taxpayers whom they are supposed to work for. Since the feds have been subsidizing local popo departments, they seem to think they take their orders from the feds. Here is an example. They were going to have to lay off 30 state cops here because the state was broke. AJ holder came in and gave the state the money to hire them back, working for him. That afternoon there were 3 of them around the backroads here running a DUI checkpoint.

I would rather see them unemployed than being used against us. FTP.

And as for these protests, who is organizing these? Little greta cauht wearing an ahtifa tee shirt, and lied that she just borrowed it. Little lying bitch needs to go back to school.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZblJVgXsAMTh8G?format=jpg&name=900x900

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I think people are focusing way too much on imaginary lines drawn in the sand. Humanity isn't the good guys. Full stop. There is a reason the rest of the universe wants nothing to do with earth, and it's not cause of how great shaved apes are.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
his very one-sided conversation with George Floyd's brother, just one more example.

the MAGA's really know how to pick them.

https://www.mediaite.com/uncategori...p-didnt-give-me-an-opportunity-to-even-speak/

Asked specifically about the conversation with Trump, Floyd said, “It was so fast, he didn’t give me an opportunity to even speak.

of course the fault is shared. the Dem's picked a candidate that could only help put Trump in the Orange House. (HRC)

But now the Dem's have repeated that same mistake. (Biden)

Trump didn't give him a chance to speak because he doesn't give a dam about what Floyd thinks.
The call was made because RNC twisted his arm with thoughts of the election. Like many sociopaths trump is not capable of empathy.

h.h.

Veteran
Trump didn't give him a chance to speak because he doesn't give a dam about what Floyd thinks.
The call was made because RNC twisted his arm with thoughts of the election. Like many sociopaths trump is not capable of empathy.

Trump trying to be PC.

shaggyballs

Veteran
I have a question:
If they had george in the car already, and they did..... why did they drag him back out?

Is there any body cam footage available?
Is it with the Nasa moon landing footage?
Ok that was 3 questions..LOL

Klompen

Its because they wanted to bust him for resisting probably. I have seen cops do that in person so I know its a thing. They probably kept hoping at some point he'd snap and then they could really bust him for fighting back. It doesn't matter in the United States if a cop is murdering you; resistance is grounds for whatever level of violence they feel like using.

shaggyballs

Veteran
Its because they wanted to bust him for resisting probably. I have seen cops do that in person so I know its a thing. They probably kept hoping at some point he'd snap and then they could really bust him for fighting back. It doesn't matter in the United States if a cop is murdering you; resistance is grounds for whatever level of violence they feel like using.

Nothing more?
No crazy off the wall thoughts?

In my experience if the cops want to get you for resisting they will not need proof.

So maybe they drug him out in the street for the world to see for an undisclosed reason.

Is the body cam footage with the Apollo films?

shaggyballs

Veteran
those cops were obviously on george soro's payroll wake up sheeple

Not what I was trying to say.
Nice twist though.:dancer:

Have you ever been arrested?
Does this arrest match what you experienced?
Once they get you in the car they take you to the station.

They are in control then.
That is how they do it.
They know better than to show their dirt on the street.
But if it all make perfect sense to you, maybe I am wrong.

Are you saying it is typical to drag a guy back out of the car once you have him secured inside?

Did anyone mention the train car full of counterfeit bills found recently in Minnesota?