What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Genetics for foggy coastal Mediterranean climate?

Breadwizard

I should have gotten some pics, the plants are at my folks place, a few hours south, and I won't be back until after everything is harvested. The mold looks exactly like boytritus mold pictures I've seen, and seems to appear in the denser floral clusters, or from where there are wounds on plants (it appears where lower fan leaves fell off, at the branch node). This latter location wilts, then kills, the entire branch. An example can be seen in the yellowed bud end in the left plant in the previous picture (critical haze)

Early days to be fighting mold allready bummer dude. Have you tried potassium bicarbonate- its pretty good fo an early spray to set into the flowers a little. Lots of different products have it- greens cure the best well known over there i think.

Breadwizard

It's been a while since an update. Experimental Seeds are made, ready for testing next year outdoors. Following pictures are of the parents.
Male (Syrian from RSC). The most structurally desirable was chosen from the pack. Thinish leaves, begins flowering early, sexually stable, flexible red stem, entire plant turns dark purple in the cold. Male flowers cluster tight together compared to the other plants in the pack, tight innernodes.
picture.php

Female plant 1: nepjam from ace. Purple Nepalese pheno. Colors up no matter the temp. Quite mold resistant. This clone was mistreated and had mites, but kept on truckin. Pic is at 6 weeks of flower.
picture.php

Female plant 2: first lady from original deli. Most vigorous, and has a wonderful old-school kind bud effect. Stays pretty low, branchy. Pic is at 35 days of flower.
picture.php

I might pop a few indoors early just to get a sneak peak. Until then, they'll be burning a hole in my seed collection along with a few other projects.

Breadwizard

Here's seedlings of the first test cross, NepJam x Syria. These will be topped then sexed before being transplanted to thier final location outside.

The Lolab valley Kashmiri strain is currently being germinated as well.

picture.php

Pumpkin

Veteran
Interesting read. I'm having some strain selection issues for similar reasons. Let me know if you hit on something good :)

Breadwizard

picture.php

Here's some of the Lolab valley Kashmiri in solo cups, chilling in the morning sun. These are quite different than anything I've run, at least at this stage, everything is in miniature.

Due to the quarantine, the previous pictured plants will not end up in the target location, so a few were given to a neighbor. Seeds were sent however, so a batch of the NepJam x Syria will be planted over there, along with some Syrian P2 (open pollination) for a stress test, and get some mold resistance into the next generation.

Breadwizard

Report from the target site, seedlings have been transplanted from seedling trays to quart containers until they get a touch bigger and hopefully preflower see sex can be determined.
NepJam x Syria is on the left, mix of the pure Syrian and a First Lady x Solar Wind on the right.
picture.php

Breadwizard

picture.php

Here's everything transplanted into thier final pots or in the ground. In the foreground is the open pollinated Syrian, seeds were taken from the sativa leaner.

Breadwizard

Update! Here's the same plants as above, June 13th.
picture.php

A close-up on the leaf structure
picture.php

And here's the NepJam x Syria
picture.php
a couple are showing sex, but most are still not showing.

Latest posts

Latest posts