What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Genetic Traits/Sex

crazycanuk

Genetic Traits/Sex

Just wondering if anyone could post any specific traits tied to specific crosses and how they might carry over in regards to male or female in the cross? For example, I know that C99 and crosses seem to have a resistance to hermafroditism. Does that come from a male in the cross or the female? Mother/Father. Does it even matter? -CC

JLP

Veteran
I don't know of any traits that are gender specific.They are strain specific most likely.

However if you're trying to get a specific trait to carry over in a cross,such as resistence to hermaphroditism,I would suggest the C99 for the seed mother.Crosses always show variation,but overall they seem to better represent the female.

Did you have anything special in mind?

JLP:)

crazycanuk

I know that in people male pattern baldness is inherited from the mother and that many other traits carry over from one sex but not the other. Whether or not this applies to plants,I have no idea. I've been playing around with a few strains but have limited space. I would like spidermite resistance as well as size and of course, potency. Many of these new strains seem to be extremely potent but lack size and/ or resistance to spidermites. Some of the older outdoor strains I've dealt with seem to be hermie prone. I guess breeding with all these new hybrids would make it even more difficult adding more variation to the mix and making it even harder to predict outcomes. Damn. wish I had a hobby farm in paradise. -KC

Latest posts

Latest posts