What's new

Genetic poop out?

rykus

Looks like a nutrient tie up to me... I usually suspect over water, but the pink kush we have seems to do it every here and there where the tops are smaller and airy and look tiny and hairs receded early and grew huge swollen calyx ....

I saw a friends big room and maybe 10 out of 400 did it... Side buds seem to fil in though, and get bigger than the tops. Wierd though, sucks you only have 1.

myiqis55

The difference between tap water and RO water can be huge depending on where you live. If you're in a city with treated water you need to be using RO

LostTribe

Premium user
You are not making sense how long has this particular cultivar been in existence? When did you pop this particular seed? They need 8 weeks to really get going in veg if you try to bloom to early then it won't yield as well FWIW....

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Plants from seed do not hold the same genotype as their parents, not even S1s.

While the genes will not be mixed up, they will get reshuffled resulting in similar plants but you'll never find a duplucate.

What you are seeing is the fact that the "big bud set" is definitely NOT homozygous so you'll see variation in that aspect from those seeds.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
The plant grew a single male flower and produced a seed. I understand when this happens, the sprout is genetically identical to the parent, essentially a cutting. This plant is a sprout of one of those seeds.

Thanks for reading.

The seed is a product of re combination, not an exact duplicate,
like shuffling a deck of cards. Each time brings a new sequence.

The genetic information is there, but not expressing in the combination
of the one you like.

Your only hope is to self again, but really a long shot.

Chin up, and keep us posted, we're all counting on you.