What's new

Genetic Drift?

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
ive had strains that did very well for for for a couple years, and then out of nowhere, the strain will mutate into bullshit.

this happened to me on a strain i ran called kushberry and now my third dimension has done it. the strain will be kill for a couple years and then, it will not grow anything like it did previously and start to herm really bad, causing tons of small immature seeds to form, rendering the bud almost useless. both these strains were from seed.

what causes this?

i know people will say, if you clone from a clone from a clone ect, this will happen. i say bullshit because ive ran strains for 4+ years before and it never happened and is still going around the bay area growing fine 8+ years later.....

Greenlife1

Thats a good question. I have not had this happen, but my buddy has. Have you been taking clone from clone, or from mother plant.
Only thing that me and my buddy came up with is that the plant is stressed to the point of hermi'in. It was from a 4 year old mother. Probably didn't treat his mother well. allows to get disease easily.
Vitamin D helps with this....anyway a little off subject. I hope someone has a answer i wonder as well.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Poor selection of clonable material...think about that :)

krunchbubble

Veteran
i also only run my moms for 3-4 months max, then start with a new one....

i dont take shitty clones, i take pride in my clones, as i have a lot of patients to take care of.....

Grizz

Veteran
the sour dubb did this to my friend grey skull and myself, no explainable reason, we call them dudds, I re clone a mother every 3 months, only take nice top cuts, i killed the mom and got a new cut from a friend that wasent having these problems, this is the first time in my 20 plus years of growing i have seen this happen. wish I knew the answer

Bulldog11

Veteran
Poor selection of clonable material...think about that :)

Shouldn't matter, a clone is a clone is a clone. A clone is a exact copy of the original plant and shouldn't vary. Then again, how would all this happen then? humm???

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hay krunch:),,,im guessing you are trying to maintain a pureline.....am i right?....are you incrossing to maintain the observed expreshions?,,,,,

full sib mating is very tricky without propper selection,,,,,F2 is allways more vairiable than F1,,,you need a keen eye to be selecting progressivly into F4`s and stuff

have you been breeding with small numbers bro?,,,,,,selection and maintaining divercity is the key bro

hay Raco:),,,

sounds like bad selection and small numbers to me krunch bro:)

i could be wrong tho:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
didnt Clarke say you need x2000plants to maintin a line propperly

anyone??,,,,,,Raco and GMT , maybe even Jones or Kopite might be best for this question:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shouldn't matter, a clone is a clone is a clone. A clone is a exact copy of the original plant and shouldn't vary. Then again, how would all this happen then? humm???

im pretty sure Raco was sayin "Bad selection = Bad seeds",,,,clonable material just means it roots,,

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
epigenetic drift?

lol

hay head:)

"what you talkin about willis",,,,,,,,,,,sounds like adaptation?

please explain,,,

remember when i got slammed for my epigenetics thread,,,lol...i know you have been doing some major investigating since then,,

hows things?

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
im pretty sure Raco was sayin "Bad selection = Bad seeds",,,,clonable material just means it roots,,

no he was saying cloning unhealthy branches leads to unhealthy plants with more unhealthy branches being cloned. Stressful conditions over time can trigger heritable epigenetic changes.

I'm still saying the same thing I was saying in that thread... the slamming, I think was a result of your persistently carrying the concept beyond it's realities. Healthy branches make healthy clones in perpetuity... Continuing to take cuts from cuts of cuts which were all less than healthy can cause problems that are very time consuming and tedious to correct.

Poor selection in maintaining a seedline is an entirely different issue. I was talking Clones

krunchbubble

Veteran
hay krunch:),,,im guessing you are trying to maintain a pureline.....am i right?....are you incrossing to maintain the observed expreshions?,,,,,

full sib mating is very tricky without propper selection,,,,,F2 is allways more vairiable than F1,,,you need a keen eye to be selecting progressivly into F4`s and stuff

have you been breeding with small numbers bro?,,,,,,selection and maintaining divercity is the key bro

hay Raco:),,,

sounds like bad selection and small numbers to me krunch bro:)

i could be wrong tho:)

ive never purposely created a seed in my life, although i should start, have a good amount of alien pollen.....

both strains this happened to were the best phenoms out of all the females, from original seed.

ive got to figure this thing out, i have too elite of strains, to all of a sudden lose them.....

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no he was saying cloning unhealthy branches leads to unhealthy plants with more unhealthy branches being cloned. Stressful conditions over time can trigger heritable epigenetic changes.

I'm still saying the same thing I was saying in that thread... the slamming, I think was a result of your persistently carrying the concept beyond it's realities. Healthy branches make healthy clones in perpetuity... Continuing to take cuts from cuts of cuts which were all less than healthy can cause problems that are very time consuming and tedious to correct.

Thx h3ad :tiphat:
I couldn´t say it better myself :respect:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
If it is seedlines that are doing that after several generations, it is poor selection leading to intersexed plants, more likely than not at about 98% probability.

Calimed

Veteran
Kinda sounds like how some people get cancer early in life, and others can run a marathon until they are 90.

Even if you clone it, it was still destined to happen to the original.

:joint:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,,,thats in the past..

i agree,,,,selecting unhealthy cuts is bound to cause a bad reaction,,,,,alltho bad selection because of low number seems more likey in Krunchbubble`s situation

imo,,,,,,,even selection iteslf is dependant on epigenetic reactions,,,we only select for positive epigenetic effects,,,,observation is dependant on enviroment,,,,

selection for indoor growing is very different to outdoor,,,,,,my "niche" is whats important to me:)

maintaining divercity and observed traits within "my" niche is top priority

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
lol,,,thats in the past..

i agree,,,,selecting unhealthy cuts is bound to cause a bad reaction,,,,,alltho bad selection because of low number seems more likey in Krunchbubble`s situation

imo,,,,,,,even selection iteslf is dependant on epigenetic reactions,,,we only select for positive epigenetic effects,,,,observation is dependant on enviroment,,,,

selection for indoor growing is very different to outdoor,,,,,,my "niche" is whats important to me:)

maintaining divercity and observed traits within "my" niche is top priority

I dunno... sounds to me like he is talking about cloning clones of clones... not growing seeds of seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts